Cornwall Football Forum

Is Cowper on the move...?

Guest geachy1

cowper gets alot of goals 4 portreath if he left i dont fink they would be as dominate as they are at the minute. it would open the league up evan more but i think tms are going to win mining 1 and 3

From what ive seen cowper is a good player but britton is the better of the 2 he has a better workrate,i saw cowper play 4 illogan last year thought he was a bit lazy.By the way my money is on troon 2win min 1.

Guest geachy1

there no superior than tms, wen i played portreath 4 tms 1st game of season we lost 3 nil but we wernt out classed it was the finishin that was the differance.

portreath have lost ryan treloar and if they wer to lose cowper. he gets loads of goals for them.

Bit of an odd one this but i would like to say that it does not matter if you are out classed or not its all about the score at the end of the game, Im sure we have all played in games where we have lost but thought we should have won and you may have played the better football.

I have seen portreath play and they have a good strong squad and i also believe that if Andy was to leave it would not leave them short at all as they have many players that could do a good job up top, I will admit that Andy is a good player but i wouldnt say a different class to anyone else in mining 1, Dwayne Britton however is mustard and would get into most sides i would have thought, His work rate is second to none and he has very good feet which makes him far the better player out of the two.

The only thing i will add to this is that there are a lot of top quality players in mining one and im sure quite a few could make the step up to Falmouth/Helston or Combo given the chance, It is a hard league to play in and lets face it you only become a good player if you play in the same side as good players, No point in being the best player in the league if your playing with not so quality players is there.

As for winning the league im sure it will be a tight one to call but i would have to say Portreath this year.

Guest geachy1

you do have a good team at portreath but my opinoin when i played you lot finishing was the differance ,

then you think im taking sumit away from your team but i aint cos i think both porth and tms are gud teams, then u call me a poor keeper than ask me who i am

I was at training Wednesday & heard of no such rumour...But I think rumours will follow Cowps around..

We have signed another striker recently which has strenghted our squad....there is competition for places

in most Depts now..Which is how it should be....

Ryan had his reasons for leaving Portreath & its not for me to disclose them but he is a big loss,but he left

on amicable terms with no hard feelings..

As for Cowps, he has got a ban on the way,not sure how long...be a bit silly to go now if the rumours are true.

Guest Sullivan

Played with Cowper pre-season for Hayle, looked at home. Played against him start of the season and thought him and Britton would run the show this season. Glad his gone, can only help our title hopes but think he should be playing a higher standard then Mining 2 but if he's happy fair play.

Geach don't take the bait mate, you know you do the business when it counts. When you back down TMS?

we beat tms three nil as a team. with gd strikers against a poor keeper. we won the league last year without cowper.

we lost duane for 5 weeks this season and we still havent lost a game.

why would cowper move anywhere with the lengthy ban he has coming his way.

what a w****r you are

nearly every team that has played tms has commented on how good there goalie is

like i said cowper leaves your in the s**t

the only reason hes there is because you lot wana buy mining 1 :lol:

I heard yesterday that Cowper had gone from the main man Roger. A lot of rumours going around but i can extinguish them all there are no hard feelings no rows everyone at this club gets on really well and we all want to be winners we all fight for each other and defend each other on and off the pitch.

The team we go on from strength to strength we have quality players and experienced players all around the park and all the players wish Andy Cowper all the best.

best of luck to everyone out there for this weekends games.

Darren

as a portreath player i would like to wish andy cowper the best for the rest of the season and will say he will be missed but thats life and i dont blame him for wanting to play football with his mates at four lanes . on that point i suppose mr chown will be saying that four lanes are giving him extras as well ( grow up you muppet ) . as for praze no.8 i think most of the boys at portreath have played combo and not just for half a season like you mate . as for the league yes portreath and threemilestone look the front runners but dont right off spice of life or troon . and trevenson have one of the best young managers\in the junior game maybe a little late for them this season but watch out for them next year .

Have you all finished now. Cowper has gone and i wish him luck where ever he plays. How much longer are you all going to go on about payment. Three years now the same old crap and funny enough from the same people. Perhaps you know something i don't I would be surprised if you did. We do have a new striker and i think he will work well with Mr Britton time will tell. let the football do the talking because all of ours is cheap and we get no points from it.

I WARN ALL MINING 1 MANAGERS TO NOT GET TO EXCITED ABOUT COWPER LEAVING PORTREATH ,WE PLAYED THEM WITHOUT BRITTON, AND COWPER ONLY LASTED 20 MINS BUT PORTREATH STILL HAVE A LOT TO OFFER WITHOUT THEM.AS GOOD AS DWAYNE AND COWPER ARE ,THEY ARENT RESPONSIBLE FOR PORTREATH'S EXCELLENT DEFENSIVE RECORD AND THAT IS WHAT WINS LEAGUES. PS SEE YOU SOON SAMO AND WARDY.

Have you all finished now. Cowper has gone and i wish him luck where ever he plays. How much longer are you all going to go on about payment. Three years now the same old crap and funny enough from the same people. Perhaps you know something i don't I would be surprised if you did. We do have a new striker and i think he will work well with Mr Britton time will tell. let the football do the talking because all of ours is cheap and we get no points from it.

Its just that I have been told off a 'horses mouth' that a 'person' connected to PFC 'helps out' players as long as they play for the club. I must stress I'm not saying PFC pays just that they are in a good position to have a 'person' that likes to give 'gifts' in order that certain players stay with the club.

If that is not true - I will agree with the previous poster that I'm indeed a muppet!

well chownuk i hear a lot of rumours surrounding football teams but i dont post them on this site because i realise most of them are either beer talk or lies . not that i have to give you a explanation but i will i have been at portreath now for two seasons and have never recieved any money or extras and dont know of anyone who does. no one at portreath pays subs or training fees or a signing on fee and thats because the club has a good comittee and good sponsorship . portreath had a good young side up until about two seasons ago and since have been improved by senior players who are happy to be playing for a well run local side . when you are suceessful you are always going to get your knockers look at truro and helston who are always geting slagged off on this site i can accept people running us down but i cant accept vicious rumours that people just make up . as for you saying about this horses mouth obviously you wont name them but by all means give them my email adress and maybe i can clear a few things up for them and point them in the right direction . many thanks