Cornwall Football Forum

WHO DO YOU THINK WERE BETTER THAN TRURO ATHLECTIC IN SUNDAY FOOTBALL

Guest stealth

Truro Ath - very good side late 90's early 2000, however, still think the TMS side of that time may have been better well player for player not sure in regards to team ethics.

That was when the league had some really strong sides in it such as Mullion, St Keverne etc.

They won the second and first division on a couple of occasions but the old memory is not as good as it was. The league should have the information about who won what.

Im not sure that there were to many sides at the time who were as good as Truro Athletic I have to say, I was fortuanate enough to be involved with them for a few years and if memmory serves me correctly we did the double in 2000 winning the league and sobey shield.

In fact I still have the programme from the Gerald Sobey shield final which we won down at Wendron on the 30th April 2000 the score was Truro Athletic 4 – 1 Lamp and Whistle.

The Truro athletic squad that day included:

Kevin Fava

Richard Budge

Steve Tyack

James Viant

Jason Cockle

Jess Spear

Danny Coad

Shaun Tozer

Paul Trewhela

Danny Osbourne

Mike Hill

Andy Smith

Jacko annear

Guy Johnson (Cockerkneeboy)

Alan Merrifield (Stealth)

Mark Fava

Tim mitchell

Andy Mitchell

Ian Penfold

Shane Teague

Matthew Salmon (Manager)

Benny (Secretary)

Kyle Worth (Mascot)

Lamp And Whistle squad that day included

Steve Millard

Adrian Millard

Justin Millard

Darren parvin

David Jewel

Mark kraft

Martin Adam

Ron Mitchell

Steve Semmens

Wayne House

Stuart cooper (Coopsie)

Jauan May

Simon Lee

Alan trewella

Billy keen

Referee was Steve Annis and his two assistants that day were Nigel Jewel (Soccer follower) and Ivor Trevillion

A lot of good quality players in both sides.

The Penryn Borough side of 2002/03 won the league, League Cup and Sobey shield, and were runners up in the Sunday Cup.

Fortunate to play in that side with great group of players - some great Sunday afternoons after the games as well :drink: .

Not sure if any teams won all 4 competitions but we came close.

Also last season Falmouth Albion runners up in league, won 2 cups (including county cup) and losing finalist in another cup. Truro GWRSA and TMS stopped us. Going well again this year.

Soccer Follower, That must have been the 97/98 season as i have a Helston garages west Cornwall sunday football league winners medal as well as the league cup and sobey shield in season 96/97 (Treble).

Mawnan JS must have had a good side then if what you say is true, Come to think of it the name rings a bell but i cannot remember that far back (Must be my old age) :D

Guest stealth

TRURO ATHLECTIC WON THE SUNDAY CUP IN 92-93 AT STICKER :ninja:

TRURO ATHLECTIC 5

BLUE ANCHOR 3

AND CAM RUNNERS UP IN 2001-02 CANT REMEMBER WHO AGAINST BUT IT WAS UP ROACH :ninja: