Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Fixtures - Tuesday 12th Sept '17


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, feedtheshak said:

I thought all games had to be played 45 minutes each way? I understand mid week and daylight limit that but there shouldn't be midweek games if they have to be shortened? Played a game tonight and it was 35 minutes each... Felt rushed all game! 

I think it's laughable that games are 35 minutes each way. A load of rubbish if you ask me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jacob-Englefield said:

I think it's laughable that games are 35 minutes each way. A load of rubbish if you ask me.

I get the whole running out of daylight and I know fixtures do pile up with winter calling a lot off but I'd still rather play full 90 instead of 70....thats a lot of a game missing... Especially if it's a close game like ours tonight

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, feedtheshak said:

I get the whole running out of daylight and I know fixtures do pile up with winter calling a lot off but I'd still rather play full 90 instead of 70....thats a lot of a game missing... Especially if it's a close game like ours tonight

I do as well mate. There's not much that can be done when we are getting shorter evenings. And like you said, games being called off in winter doesn't help either when it comes to the end of the season. But it's laughable that someone is allowing games to be 20 minutes shorter than what they should be. Hopefully someone can explain why this is being done and clear this up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A new fixture Secretary this season learning as he goes along .

was informed by outgoing sec that evening matches could be played first 2 weeks in September so duly did so . Appears not a true decision and a lesson learnt for future years .

will never please everybody but common sense was applied in this instance to get these matches played ......however laughable !!! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

How many people complained about not getting fixtures in early over previous seasons to stop the fixture pileup towards the end of the season? The league listens to the complaints and acts on it and what do you know, teams moan about playing early season midweek games and want to play these fixtures at the end of the season. Get a grip for christs sakes!! Moan for the sake of moaning. The law is as far as i know.....2 equal havles to be agreed before kick-off by match official and both sides??  I may be wrong,  as is often the case but again get a bloody grip!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Chris Davey said:

@feedtheshak the games need to be 2 halves of equal length I believe - that's why results don't stand from abandoned games. It's frustrating not playing 90 though but  with the light fading like it is at this time of year it was probably a sensible call by the ref!

Definitely sensible call and no arguments with that as it was dark by the time we'd got changed after... Just don't agree to a shorter game... Shouldn't be games on that have to be shortened in my opinion. Yes that means there will be more at the end and lots of games in short spaces of time but at least they're 90 minute games. Not moaning about it all as someone else has commented as if it's a moan... Just my opinion that I am sharing. We got on with the game and enjoyed it either way

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trelawny Rule 10b(v) which is an FA Rule states:

'v. Within the National League System (NLS) all matches shall have a duration of 90 minutes. All matches outside of the NLS shall have duration of 90 minutes unless a shorter time (not less than sixty (60) minutes) is mutually arranged by the two Clubs in consultation with the referee prior to the commencement of the match, and in any event shall be of equal halves. Two matches involving the same two teams can be played on the same day providing the total playing time is not more than 120 minutes.'

The NLS is only mentioned because the Standard Code of Rules is also used by stand-alone Step 7 leagues.  Step 6 and above leagues follow the Standardized Rules.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jacob-Englefield said:

The simple resolution is to move the game to a free weekend/the end of the season?!

this wouldnt be ideal, teams already find themselves playing twice a week come end of season from the games that were postponed in the winter. all teams should kick off BEFORE September! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Morph said:

Why?

Several Saturdays without games - we've never had a problem getting our fixtures in, never had to play double headers or anything like that. Rather play a full 90 mid-week in May, or have it mid-week a few weeks ago when it was brighter. So many reasons. We won, so like it's fine, but rushing around after work, having to kick off early without one of my keys players there, it was just a bit of a farce. Carharrack were in a similar boat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, golong said:

this wouldnt be ideal, teams already find themselves playing twice a week come end of season from the games that were postponed in the winter. all teams should kick off BEFORE September! 

Correct, it wouldn't be ideal. But that's football and comes with the territory. I think making teams start their season before September wouldn't be a bad thing. The league should set a start date. In time, that's what may happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Steve Carpenter said:

Trelawny Rule 10b(v) which is an FA Rule states:

'v. Within the National League System (NLS) all matches shall have a duration of 90 minutes. All matches outside of the NLS shall have duration of 90 minutes unless a shorter time (not less than sixty (60) minutes) is mutually arranged by the two Clubs in consultation with the referee prior to the commencement of the match, and in any event shall be of equal halves. Two matches involving the same two teams can be played on the same day providing the total playing time is not more than 120 minutes.'

The NLS is only mentioned because the Standard Code of Rules is also used by stand-alone Step 7 leagues.  Step 6 and above leagues follow the Standardized Rules.

 

11 minutes ago, zebedee said:

Have any of you know it alls actually read the rules of the Trelawny league ???

Well, Steve seems to have, and indeed posted them some nine hours ago (thanks Steve). If that doesn't clear it up, please do explain the problem Zebs!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...