Cornwall Football Forum

RESPECT

View image on Twitter

I have edited my topic, as in no way do I wish to embarrass any individual for having a "bad day at the office".

But I am sure I speak for the majority who love the game of football.

If foul and abusive language or obscene gestures are  to be punished in football, please, lets have some consistency by officials.

Very true pastyman I am sure the referee assessor will sort that out my concern was the ivybridge coach and dug out swearing at the officials holding the game up when the first player was sent off and conducting very bad language in front of very young children and a lady watching from behind the dug out 

32 minutes ago, number9 said:

Can we please make note that it was in fact the Saltash joint manager who was sent off and no one from the Ivybridge dug out.  

That is a very valid point number9.  In view of the language of one Nicky Marker, there lies the inconsistency of Edge.

I was at the Saltash game today and the referee definitely stole the show! I was expecting a comfortable Saltash victory however I thought ivybridges young side were fantastic and must have left the ground feeling totally hard done by. 

Even down to ten men ivybridge looked by far the better side and the sending off of ivybridges left back was very harsh and by all accounts was dictated by the linesman and not the referee. 

An ill tempered second half was unfortunately created by the referee who abused his position of authority to totally dictate the outcome of this game. With ivybridge down to 9 and two penalties awarded against them, he then turned on Saltash with a sending off of both a player and manager, and then another player!!! 9v9 for the last 10 minutes, I feel for all the players involved for a well contested game to be ruined by the ref!! 

4 minutes ago, What's the mata said:

I was at the Saltash game today and the referee definitely stole the show! I was expecting a comfortable Saltash victory however I thought ivybridges young side were fantastic and must have left the ground feeling totally hard done by. 

Even down to ten men ivybridge looked by far the better side and the sending off of ivybridges left back was very harsh and by all accounts was dictated by the linesman and not the referee. 

An ill tempered second half was unfortunately created by the referee who abused his position of authority to totally dictate the outcome of this game. With ivybridge down to 9 and two penalties awarded against them, he then turned on Saltash with a sending off of both a player and manager, and then another player!!! 9v9 for the last 10 minutes, I feel for all the players involved for a well contested game to be ruined by the ref!! 

Ruined by the ref, you are having a laugh. All red cards are justified , after getting reports from the game from very good sources 

48 minutes ago, The Windmill On The Shirt said:

Ruined by the ref, you are having a laugh. All red cards are justified , after getting reports from the game from very good sources 

So you weren't there...

Bold statements for someone who wasn't at the match. Both Saltash and Ivybridge supporters were baffled by the decisions made.

I was a spector at this game and i thought boh sides disipline was shocking.

As for Mr Edge I thought the 4 red cards were right.

1. Ivybrigde number 3 a 2 footed challenge just below the knees. I know he took long but he didnt see it thr lino did they were making sure they got the right guy.

2. Ivybridge number 10 had serveral warninings for dissent and then a yellow. Seccond yellow was for when a corner came over he shoved the saltash number 3 to the ground and a penalry awarded.

3. Saltash number 3 best decribed as a kung foo kick on the ivybrige player trying to head the ball from a goal kick.

4. Saltash number 10 shouted over to the assistant as he was flagged offside and was warned by the referee to stop he carried on. Seccond yellow saltash scored there fourth and he stuck his fingers up to the keeper and crowd.

Now please tell me if those are not red cards.

The 4 yellows i believe were all for back chat and dissent afelter captains were warned.

So i thaugh as a nutuaral spectator mr edge had it spot on

Oh i forgot that dane bunmy got told to leave the dug out for telling the lino to **** off.

Please can you.on her tell me how mr edge got thesee wrong. 

Its the players and staff need to look at theirselfs as the officials done the right things. 

There needs to be more officials like these guys who do not take the abuse and dish out the correct punishements.

Well done to the officials!!!!!! 

The game is all about opinions and that is what makes it interesting. 

Is it not time for football to move ahead and record what the referee says and what is said to him?

What frustrates managers, players and supporters is inconsistency.  If players and managers were warned that foul and abusive language would be dealt with by a straight red card, every time, surely it could be stamped out in no time.

1 hour ago, Darkknight said:

Pastyman we all know your a saltash supporter and by your knowledge of refereeing and football did both at a high level but I suggest if your not happy with the referee then then may be you go out s ref a game so we can all see how it is supposed to be done .

Cheeky:thumbsup:

Think the criticism arises due to inconsistency between officials and even the same official from game to game.

I'm sure as football spectators we all want to see dissent/bad language out of the game from managers/players/supporters. 

Frustration arises when on another thread on this forum allegedly the Bodmin bench constantly used foul and abusive language towards the ref, and nothing happens. Then at today's game there is cards and sendings from the dugout!

why just today's game? Will all referees now follow suit or is this just a one man/referee crusade?

2 hours ago, quiksilver said:

Think the criticism arises due to inconsistency between officials and even the same official from game to game.

I'm sure as football spectators we all want to see dissent/bad language out of the game from managers/players/supporters. 

Frustration arises when on another thread on this forum allegedly the Bodmin bench constantly used foul and abusive language towards the ref, and nothing happens. Then at today's game there is cards and sendings from the dugout!

why just today's game? Will all referees now follow suit or is this just a one man/referee crusade?

I really do hope other referees will follow where Shaun has led. Now someone has had the balls to take a stand against foul and abusive language maybe the floodgates will open. It would be nice to see families with young children coming through the gates again.

Could Mr. Edge be cloned and sent round to all the grounds? And yes, starting with Bodmin.

40 minutes ago, secretscout said:

it would be interesting to see a card count for all refs so far this season and what the cards were for......

I have been saying that for a number of years but the leagues, for some reason, do not want to do it. Even though it is done at higher football levels and listed in the press.

Unfortunately it's the junior sides that suffer when senior sides abuse referees, they always get a referee so it doesn't matter if they drive officials away from the game.

I wasn't there but it seems to me that the referee just applied the laws of the game. Well done to him for standing up to the players.

A referee can't win sometimes, for example Mane's sending off on Saturday, people can't agree now if the referee was correct (I personally think Mane was unlucky but it was a red card). I don't think abusing a referee on a public forum is the correct way to deal with people's frustrations either. 

Repeated action replays and "cross examination" by so-called experts on TV plays a big part in players/managers/supporters believing they also have the right to question any decisions they don't agree with. Somehow, we've got to revert to the situation where everybody accepts the old saying "the referee is always right" - which is re-inforced by the Laws of the Game - and get on with it!

4 hours ago, gingerninja said:

Good on Edge for sending players off for foul and abusive language. At the end of the day if he or his officiating team didn't show there wouldn't have been a game. I believe he was the same ref who sent off the Stoke Gabriel keeper against Parkway for call him a C---

Also, delighted to see Dane got sent off :thumbsup::yahoo:

It was a different referee who sent the Stoke Gabriel keeper off. 

22 minutes ago, Tractor Boy said:

It was a different referee who sent the Stoke Gabriel keeper off. 

5 hours ago, gingerninja said:

Good on Edge for sending players off for foul and abusive language. At the end of the day if he or his officiating team didn't show there wouldn't have been a game. I believe he was the same ref who sent off the Stoke Gabriel keeper against Parkway for call him a C---

Also, delighted to see Dane got sent off :thumbsup::yahoo:

Believe it was Jack Borlase, the Man Giant.

On 09/09/2017 at 21:40, number9 said:

Can we please make note that it was in fact the Saltash joint manager who was sent off and no one from the Ivybridge dug out.  

At least he didn't embarrass himself further by going on social media and complaining about the officials 

I was at the game on Saturday and after reading this felt the need to sign up and comment.

To many people who were not at the game are forming opinions as if it was fact. 

The referee made a rod for his own back by not dealing with the away team dugout early in the game. 

This then led to his very inconsistent performance, just when the ivybridge manager had calmed down after a 10 minute rant which consisted of some serious abuse towards the linesman on that side and the man in the middle, the referee booked ryan richards for dissent, 

In normal circumstances I think the referee should be praised for this course of action, richards probably deserved it but what about the non stop abuse the officials had just endured for the previous 10 minutes. 

This is the kind of inconsistency that led the referee down a very dark and Lonely road on Saturday afternoon. 

The first red card of the afternoon he forgot which number shirt he should show the red card too. It took another 5 minutes to figure that one out, 

the first half was 55 minutes long!!! 

No one has mentioned the two very soft penalties he awarded saltash which led to one of the red cards. By this point he had totally lost his head. 

People on here praising him for sticking up to bad language and dissent should note that he took a tirade of abuse from the ivybridge dug out in the first half which went unpunished. 

The saltash ast manager then was complaining about the inconsistency and ironically got sent off himself. 

The referee allowed all of the ivybridge dug out to stand and encroach the pitch when they didn't like something   

Just a very bad performance from the referee which led to players and an ast manager being needlessly suspended from what is essentially a hobby 

the assessor himself looked in shock and im told was in with the referee for 45 minutes after the game. 

While I understand that both clubs will be submitting reports I think they both need to hold their hands up and say that both sets of players could have boxed smarter knowing the kind of afternoon the referee was having.  

I hope the young man can learn from this because of course it's his hobby but he really needs to stamp out misterminers early. 

As for the match itself I think ivybridge performed brilliantly considering they played most of the game with a player and two players less.  Saltash reds came late in the game, saltash need to sort out their issues at the back if they expect to win anything this year as quite frankly it was embarrassing defending at times. 

I watched them a lot last season and They don't seem to have the same 'fiz' about them yet this time around, having said that they are 3rd so if they get it together it could turn out ok for them. 

Ivybridge on the other hand are much improved on last season and will take points from the top sides. 

Good luck everyone.  Remember it's a hobby.