Cornwall Football Forum

Brian Ridgeon RIP

Dave Deacon

Very sad news about Brian, really Tommy has said it all and i can only echo his comments.

Always very appreciative of arrangements when supporting the County Youth side. 

Another missing face at County matches, one of the 'old guard' as we say.

Funeral to take place up in Wiltshire where his daughter lives and his Wife is buried.

RIP Brian.

Brian worked in fitting shop at Falmouth docks I spent hours around his laythe  Brian was a machinist  finding out results fal and helston  league. If you was in the running for a league title in the corner of the field would be Brian and Gerald with the trophy . The best football man I have come across .As a player and administrator . lovely family his wife passed away some years ago

I could go on forever about Brian

Condolences to his family  R.I.P

FROM MYSELF AND ALL HIS MANY FREINDS PENRYN A.F.C

With the passing of Brian Ridgeon on Wednesday, the Management Committee have asked if all LWC Combination Leaque sides will hold a minutes silence in his honour before their matches this Saturday.

Brian has been associated with the League for many years at club and Committee level, notably as League Treasurer for twenty plus years. 

Brian was a Life Member of the League for all his service to it, so a Minutes Silence will be a Fitting Tribute. 

Paul Smith (on behalf of the League Management Committee)

Brian was a humble and polite football man who  always had a friendly greeting when entering Bickland Park on match days.

He played a number of SWL games for Falmouth in 1954-55 season as a tough tackling full back (No.3 shirt) but it  was mainly for the Reserves  and Falmouth Docks in the Old Cornish Senior League where he played for many seasons.

His late brother Syd Ridgeon an ex chairman of Falmouth Town F C was also a staunch Falmouth supporter

I first met Brian in 1967 during his administration for The Falmouth & Helston League (now amalgamated into The Trelawny League) where he became a life member.

He was a councillor of the CCFA and many years as treasurer for the Cornwall Combination League.

On behalf of Falmouth Town F C we send our deepest sympathy to family and close friends

RIP Brian

I met Brian in the early 80's when I first became involved with football administration.

Nothing was to much trouble and he was always willing to help. Whenever you had cause to visit his house with an eleventh hour registration / transfer form you were always invited in and made most welcome. 

Although only seen occasional in recent years he always made the time to shake hands and speak.

Condolences to Brian's family and close friends from all at Helston Athletic Football Club 

RIP to a true gentlemen. 

• 2 weeks later...