Cornwall Football Forum

Nalders Sunday League Representative Match

:clapper: :clapper::clapper: In conjunction with Nalders the Sunday League has arranged a

Div1 Select v Div 2 Select match over the Christmas break .

SUNDAY 30TH DECEMBER AT CROWNTOWN FOOTBALL CLUB @ 10-30AM KICK OFF :o:o

Can Div 1 clubs contact their Team Manager Melville Benney on 01326 317876

and Div 2 clubs contact Scott Behenna on 07767861718 for full details

We would ask that ALL clubs nominate 2 players each preferably a Goalkeeper / defender and a midfield / forward to ensure we do not get overloaded with nominations for the same position .

This match will depend entirely on support from YOU the clubs ...........so spread the word !!! :yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

Great idea. But just gotta ask, and i know this will upset certain people but why Crowntown?? Not the best pitch and distinct lack of facilities plus its in the middle of nowhere

Surely we can come up with somewhere better with preferably a bar :drink: or at least some facilities for any spectators to use

Its just my opinion so please dont shout at me its just a thought

Great idea! Hopefully all the Sunday league teams will come out in support of this. I appreciate that Crowntown has probably been finalised as the venue but what about Hayles pitch? We played Crowntown there in the cup semi, and they've got great changing facilities and the clubhouse and that all on site. Also it's still pretty much slap bang in the middle for most.

Great idea. But just gotta ask, and i know this will upset certain people but why Crowntown?? Not the best pitch and distinct lack of facilities plus its in the middle of nowhere

Surely we can come up with somewhere better with preferably a bar :drink: or at least some facilities for any spectators to use

Its just my opinion so please dont shout at me its just a thought

STEVETHEDOOR, ITS OBVIOUS THAT YOU HAVE NEVER WENT BACK TO ANY OF THE PUBS. WHICH CROWNTOWN USE. I MUST STATE THAT OF ALL THE AFTER MATCH HOSPIPALITY. THE FOOD AND FACILITIES. ARE, AND HAVE BEEN THE BEST IN WEST CORNWALL , FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS.WE AT ALBION RECENTLY VISITED . THE LEEDSTOWN CASTLE FOR SOME AFTER MATCH REFRESHMENTS AS YOU DO. WITH A SQUAD OF 19 PLUS SUPORTERS. THE GUVNOR FED US ALL. AND THEN CAME OUT WITH PLATES AND PLATES. OF SECONDS. SO YOU AND ANY OF YOU OXFORD LADS WILL BE MORE THAN LOOKED

AFTER. YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN TOLD THAT THE PITCH WILL MOST PROBLEY BE PLAYABLE. SO TURN UP

ON THE 30TH. AND ENJOY. DONT BE NEGITIVE..............

Thought someone would over react to my post!

Was'nt trying to diss Crowntown in any way just saying that having a young family the pitch at Crowntown has'nt got many facilities on what could be a cold winters day,

Any way I allways try and get back to the teams pub after a match but family commitments don't allways allow.

So chill out

as you come out of the pitch turn right then your next right and bout 200 yards up the road on your right, remember dont quote me on these directions as i was severly pissed nite before this match and proberly seeing things

when do we find out the squads etc

is this just friendly or will there be trophy on offer

From Crowntown:

I agree that the pitch isn't the best. But, and it's a really big BUT, it's well drained and, unless it's been raining hard for the whole weekend, is likely to be playable. The pitch also recovers rapidly after a hammering and so there won't be a problem with not playing for fear of damaging the pitch.

The changing facilities are a zillion times better than they were. I have played at Nancegollan for 20 years with NOTHING. Last summer we re-jigged the inside of the unit to give a bit more room for each team. They're still on the small side but they're warm and have showers for each team and the referee. (Just thought that the referees' room was only designed for one! Can we ensure that we only have small officials on the day? Sorry Porky!)

There is a large car park now and a pleasant playground for the kids, which may help if the weather's nice. It will be a bit tough if the weather's bad.

The work that has gone on there to improve the facilities has been tremendous.

After match? Crown Inn is the obvious choice BUT the last owners, who sold up last week, didn't open Sunday lunchtime. I'm about to contact the new owners to see if they are interested in providing for us.

If not, the Duke of Leeds, a bit further on, have been superb for us on a Sunday morning. (Visiting clubs will testify). The league will help by funding a supplement for food and so we should be fine. (Take the threat of Billy playing the guitar with a pinch of salt - not sure that the League can afford his 60s extravaganza and the groupies would be a distraction).

At Crowntown, we regard it as a great honour to be asked to host the Representative match. The two home clubs may not have been the most successful on the pitch, but have been exemplary members of the Sunday League for over a decade. Clubs that have visited there have consistently received a warm welcome and a sporting game of football.

In spite of the reservations that have been expressed, I'm sure that it will be a great event and I look forward to meeting you all on the 30th.

(And looking out of the window at the solid sheet of rain and hail, hammering against my window and the lightning, (10.31 A.M) I'm sort of glad that this Sunday's game is off. - and that feeling doesn't happen very often to me!)

From Crowntown;

Further to my last post, the Crown Inn will be pleased to act as hosts and will lay on food after the game. They're about 3/4 mile towards Helston.

I've estimated 50. (32 players, 4 officilals, League Officials, familes, wives, girlfriends (Bring one or the other, not both.) Then, there'll be some who'll go straight off after the match. So it is a difficult one.

The pub said that they'll work on 50. If more arrive, they'll knock up more food on the hoof, so to speak.

Considering playing a bit of background music - sixties stuff. What do you think? it could empty the pub and it depends if my singer's about. The pub is keen.

All in all, it's falling in to place.

Opinions, comments, suggestions. Please.