Cornwall Football Forum

MORTGAGE ADVICE BUREAU ECPL Fixtures TuesdaY 22nd August

It's a real shame for the ECPL to see Parkway losing a second game already. Lots of talk that they would be the ones to push Torpoint this year. Think that hope has gone now as I can't see Torpoint losing let alone two games. Over to Saltash and St Austell to try and keep the league interesting this year 

It's a shame because I would like there to be a title race beyond Christmas. I'm not sure Parkway losing is a reflection of how tough the league is , I haven't heard of any of their players I hoped they would be of a decent standard as I've seen and read a lot from their manager . Unfortunately it just seems a step to far ?

That's a fair comment, if what you say is true and teams have improved that should see a more competitive league. Not going to write Parkway off just yet with the size of their club, pulling power and money at their disposal they may yet add players who can help them challenge in the top end of the league 

Just quickly like to say i thought the Roche v St Minver was a good contest. It was difficult to see which way the game was going to go as evenly-matched for most of the 90 minutes. Funny how so often, when a team scores they somehow take their foot off the gas and let the opposition take control and last night Roche punished St Minver for this. The home side nudged in front with two goals in the 65th and 74th minute and then collectively defended to ensure, despite a barrage of attacks on their goal, there was no way they were going to concede.

Best of luck to both sides this season. 

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Just quickly like to say i thought the Roche v St Minver was a good contest. It was difficult to see which way the game was going to go as evenly-matched for most of the 90 minutes. Funny how so often, when a team scores they somehow take their foot off the gas and let the opposition take control and last night Roche punished St Minver for this. The home side nudged in front with two goals in the 65th and 74th minute and then collectively defended to ensure, despite a barrage of attacks on their goal, there was no way they were going to concede.

Best of luck to both sides this season. 

How many ringers did roche have in last night??

On 23/08/2017 at 11:45, offside! said:

It's a real shame for the ECPL to see Parkway losing a second game already. Lots of talk that they would be the ones to push Torpoint this year. Think that hope has gone now as I can't see Torpoint losing let alone two games. Over to Saltash and St Austell to try and keep the league interesting this year 

Calm down.  Still a long way to go.  Torpoint dropped points last night - in a few weeks time there is a week where Torpoint play St Austell, Then Torpoint play Parkway then Parkway play St Austell.  Could be a massive week.

Can't say "hope has gone" 2 weeks into the season :D

3 hours ago, AL Capone said:

There poor side. Will come 4th tops! 5/6th in my opinion.

the league below was really poor standard.

to much of a click there! St Austell 2nds side to watch..... 

bere and torpoint both will be there about a too. 

They're* a poor side ?

6 hours ago, Wittser said:

Check out our match report from an excellent game at Roche on Tuesday night @ Roche 2 v 1 St Minver.  We wish Matt and all the Roche squad all the best for their season and we look forward to returning in a couple of weeks for the 1st round of the Roy Radford Division 1 Cup.

A 1st class report Wittser, making for a good read and as always, totally unbiased. Good luck for your venture in 'senior football' this season. Over the years had some great football experiences with 'that corner' of the North Cornwall coast.

14 hours ago, unclebuckthebaker said:

A 1st class report Wittser, making for a good read and as always, totally unbiased. Good luck for your venture in 'senior football' this season. Over the years had some great football experiences with 'that corner' of the North Cornwall coast.

Thank you @unclebuckthebaker very much appreciated and you are always very welcome over to our sunny corner of the North coast :-)