Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday 2nd December - Any games on? Results?

TMS wimped out of playing Crowntown. Just because it was raining a bit.

This is the first week that Crowntown was able to get out a full side with 19 players declaring themselves available!

Doesn't it just make you sick?

I suppose the flooded pitch may have also been a factor, to be fair to TMS. (Why on earth be fair to TMS?)

Result so far.

TMS 0 Crowntown 0 (Not kicked off yet)

Crowntown's first clean sheet since April 2003 - but I'm not sure it counts.

Thank you for those kind words.

I did think of arranging a match on our ground today. It would have been Crowntown and a few cones Vs Crowntown res. and a few cones.

We would have got at least a draw out of it.

If we played the cones, we could have lost. (And, we have to score before they can equalise)

Unfortunately, Star are playing there today.

Guest Postie Pidge

Truro United 1 - 3 Mpad United (H/T 0-3)

Playing up the mountainous slope and with the win advantage, Mpad were one goal up inside a few seconds when Darren Griffiths' long low shot found its way into the bottom corner. Player-manager Mark Picken found himself through on goal and clinically beat the keeper from close range to put the visitors 2-0 up inside five minutes. Sloppy finishing and poor passing combined with the awkward wind meant this was one of the beautiful games ugly sides. An own goal gave the visitors a three goal advantage at the break.

Not long into the second half, a 5-10 minute gale force wind combined with hail and rain made it difficult to even attempt to play football. It was during this period that the home side scored. Damian Wills netting for the home side direct from a corner. Truro with the wind at their backs were the more attacking team although they could only muster one real effort on goal which brought a good save from the visitors keeper who also made a good block earlier in the half after stupidly picking up a back pass! :unsure: Mpad hit the bar twice in the second period but in the difficult conditions on a small, narrow pitch, three points was the aim and the reward but the missed chances in the first half meant their goal difference wasn't boosted enough to close in on the top two teams.

Referee: Ian 'George' Pattison (Helston)

TMS wimped out of playing Crowntown. Just because it was raining a bit.

This is the first week that Crowntown was able to get out a full side with 19 players declaring themselves available!

Doesn't it just make you sick?

I suppose the flooded pitch may have also been a factor, to be fair to TMS. (Why on earth be fair to TMS?)

Result so far.

TMS 0 Crowntown 0 (Not kicked off yet)

Crowntown's first clean sheet since April 2003 - but I'm not sure it counts.

are pitch was in playable

we would have whooped you up any your strongest team wouldnt even come close

Guest Peppermint

Obviously tms no 9 does not appreciate your sense of humour Bill! I found it quite difficult to translate what message he was trying to get across! Maybe something to do with Threemilestone would have beaten you!!!!