Cornwall Football Forum

Gloucester 0 Truro 3

On 07/08/2017 at 22:24, HTFC said:

Blimey. Somersetspur will be fuming. He won't have anything to moan about all week.

To all his fans. Somersetspur is in a state of shock at the moment. Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

Nice little trip up to Canvey Island on Saturday where we will be playing Concord Rangers. Early start for the Tisa boys, leaving Truro at 6am with a stop off at Cribbs Causeway for a full English. Just as a matter of interest Concord's nickname is "The Beach Boys" so come 5pm on Saturday will the White Tigers still be picking up plenty of "Good Vibrations". No doubt after after an expensive day out the Tisa Boys will probably be singing "Help Me Wonga" :drink:

Sorry to disappoint all my fans,by not reacting quicker.

Did'nt get in until the early hours,after celebrating TCFC new piece of history.

Top of the League.TCFC highest ever League position in their history.

I was there to see it.

The best I have seen Truro play for a while,and a CLEAN SHEET.Yippee.

Tom's penalty save was the turning point,players believed they could win it.

Congratulations to all the players,on making history.Dont matter where we finish.

We will remember ,Monday 7th August,at Evesham Utd.

TISA ALWAYS THERE.

2 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

Is that humble pie I can smell? ?

How is it humble pie.????????????????

If you watch TCFC.How many clean sheets did they keep last season.??????????????????????

How many times did they use the long ball for small strikers.?????????

Last night was different.

WHY.????????

Because they ,kept a clean sheet and played a passing game of football.

The two things I have shouted about all last season.

So maybe they should have listened to my moaning.

No humble pie ,here.

1 hour ago, Goldeneye said:

Not talking about last season SSS. You predicted doom and gloom for this season! 

Yes I did.

Bottom half of the table,and hopefully not another relegation battle.One good game ,dont change my mind.

But TCFC first ten games are kind,and we need as many points as possible,if we are then in a good position ,then maybe ,just maybe  I might fancy a little dessert.

23 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Yes I did.

Bottom half of the table,and hopefully not another relegation battle.One good game ,dont change my mind.

But TCFC first ten games are kind,and we need as many points as possible,if we are then in a good position ,then maybe ,just maybe  I might fancy a little dessert.

by listening to PM on Radio Cornwall mid table is what the club is aiming for, as for promotion it's not on the table due to the ground situation   The broadcast is on about 2pm I missed the start.

9 minutes ago, Mikeyburnsey said:

by listening to PM on Radio Cornwall mid table is what the club is aiming for, as for promotion it's not on the table due to the ground situation   The broadcast is on about 2pm I missed the start.

So PM would refuse promotion.

If that is the case,its pretty negative.

Plus Ian Rennie,has been released,as club secretary.

The hatchet man dont stay out of action for long.

Why is it such a surprise,with the comments the Chairman make.

Ignore him,you know what he is up to,and all the bu££ that goes with it.

Anyone got anything to say about the sacking of one of TCFC most loyal.Secretary Ian Rennie.

Dave Deacon,people do like to see winning sides.But trust me,early season form can be decieving.

Also were are the Clubs and players ambition,if they know,even if they win the League,they wont go up,because of the Chairman.#deliverence.

Attendence figure's when Tully's team were flying,were not a patch on  the figures of previous promotion seasons.

7 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Also were are the Clubs and players ambition,if they know,even if they win the League,they wont go up,because of the Chairman.

With only two games into the season we should all be well aware that "promotion" is a way off yet, however should it to happen, it would nevertheless look good on the players' CV whenever their contracts run out. As for the club, could they not resurrect the Torquay groundshare idea?  

Sorry,disagree.

My CV would be worthless,if my grandson said,Pap you played in a  team who won National Vanarama South,what was it like playing in the National League.?

Dont know young man the Club Chairman said we could'nt go up.But you can have a look at my CV. Not for me,Im afraid.

Anyway not many comments on Ian Rennie.

Find it strange,retiring after two games,why did'nt he retire before the season started.??

13 hours ago, Mikeyburnsey said:

Child

Actually Mike it would be interesting to hear you share your agenda with us.

11 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Find it strange,retiring after two games,why did'nt he retire before the season started.??

Presumably useful for him to be there for the close-season annual work and duties.

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Actually Mike it would be interesting to hear you share your agenda with us.

Presumably useful for him to be there for the close-season annual work and duties.

Well I was told at Bishop Stortford what was happening,but I choose to ignore it.

So that rules that out.

Russell Keeble could have started when ,last season ended.

It was mentioned to me more than once last season that Ian Rennie had every intention of retiring at the end of the season.  As DD has suggested above, he probably delayed his departure to help get the new season under way - administration wise.  Hard act to follow - very experienced Secretary.  Let's hope Russell steps up to the mark.