Cornwall Football Forum

Penzance Reserves 1-7 Helston Athletic

32mins 0-1 Ball from 40yds cross into goal fooled Pz keeper and goes through his hands at head hight

40mins 0-2 Corner ball, back post header

44mins 1-2 Pz through middle, ball across goal beats keeper

h-t

47mins 1-3 Penalty for push. Keeper went right way but in bottom corner of net

Pz start to tire, heads go down a bit.

58mins 1-4 Short corner, ball low across box, diving header beats keeper through crowd of players

67mins 1-5 Helston down their right draw keeper out. Cross to poke ball into open net

80mins 1-6 Helston beat offside trap. Beats keeper with low shot

89mins 1-7 Screamer in front of goal from 15yds out.

Corner count Pz 4 Helston 8 (H-T 4-3)

1st half pretty even with good short passing from Pz but Helston look comfertable on the ball. 2nd half Pz were good in patches but once they started long ball Helston took total control. Both teams played better than game at Helston.

Crowd was a frozen 29 mainly from Helston.

2 Pz men of match. Mark Grenfell at the back, cutting ball out, getting back to tackle, etc. Alphie Turner up front. Never stopped running, chasing the ball down.

CTB

Guest Helston Patriot

Penzance Reserves 1-7 Helston Athletic

32mins 0-1 Ball from 40yds cross into goal fooled Pz keeper and goes through his hands at head hight

40mins 0-2 Corner ball, back post header

44mins 1-2 Pz through middle, ball across goal beats keeper

h-t

47mins 1-3 Penalty for push. Keeper went right way but in bottom corner of net

Pz start to tire, heads go down a bit.

58mins 1-4 Short corner, ball low across box, diving header beats keeper through crowd of players

67mins 1-5 Helston down their right draw keeper out. Cross to poke ball into open net

80mins 1-6 Helston beat offside trap. Beats keeper with low shot

89mins 1-7 Screamer in front of goal from 15yds out.

0-1 Shot/cross lobbed 'keeper over his head, could only get 1 hand to it. Scorer REG PEARSON

0-2 Corner headed from centre of goal 6 yards out. JUSTIN MILES

1-2 Through ball, defence stopped thinking it was off side. 1 0n 1 beat 'keeper.

H-T

1-3 Reg skinned full back who turned and pushed him in the back. PZ 'keeper did his best to put off Domo but failed. DOM PULLEN

1-4 Quick corner, then crossed in, free headed from 6 yards out

1-5 'Keeper pulled wide, ball crossed in, brought down then half volleyed LEFT foot from 7 yards. CHRIS BREASLEY

1-6 Ball slipped through, chippped 'Keeper from 18yards. DOM PULLEN

1-7 Left foot screamer from 15yards out with defender on his shoulder. EDDY DUNN!!

Well Played PZ 'Keeper made some good saves. Good to see Eddy Dunn back playing and new signing Andy Miles playing some beauty long passes. Cheers to the player who booted me in the chest too!

ROLL ON ST. JUST

St Just 1 v Newquay 2

Weather spoilt the game. Muddy pitch and raging wind.

Second half was ugly and awful to play in.

I feel St Just conspired in their own downfall with poor discipline and were lucky to finish with ten. I cant remember the last time we came here and won (despite this not being one of our better perfomrances) but that is 8 unbeaten for us and an onward march up the table.

Neil Curnow still pulling the strings at St Just...

Helston Patriot

When you looked down inside your shirt after the high challenge someone thought you were looking to see if your implant hadden't burst. :lol:

Also your descriptions of the goals, from memory or were you writing them down, if so where do you keep your notebook?

Lastly what did you think of the progamme. Helston's basic history in the league, etc?

Guest Helston Patriot

From memory as i was no futher than 20yards away from every goal and i scored one! So i think i was better postioned to comment.

Unfortunately i dont have implants.

Sorry i didn;t look at the programs

Hayle res 1-7 St Agnes

(M Wade)

Bad day at the office for us two bad injuries in first twenty minutes we already had four forced changes from last week and not enough strength in depth to cope with it St Agnes took there goals well our young stand in keeper Ross Brooks saved a penalty and all the players gave %100 till final whistle cant ask more than that but our goals against looking pretty awful! :(:(:(:( :(

Guest Peppermint

Regarding the St Just/Newquay game and Luke Weldhen scoring both goals. Quite a few Newquay supporters that I have spoken to are of the same opinion as me that he should be given a run in the First Team.

Nobody in the Club holds the ball up as good as him and he works tirelessly every match. So hopefully he might find a place in the starting line up for next Saturday's replay against Foxhole at Mount Wise!

Illogan 3- 0 Ludgvan

Never in any trouble really with 3 really well taken goals by Mark Miller, 1st hatrick for the club, hopefully not the last.

Top Moment: Stuart Peters chipping the goalie and going in the net when ludgvan defender does a great save to stop it, ref didnt even give a penalty untill the ludgvan linesman signalled it and even then didnt send him off, Referee had a shocker.

Yeh the game was played in good competitive spirit Gillsy. Scouse who came off with a head injury has got big lump on head and had concusion for a while but ok after few pints the other lad Carl had to go casulty nothing broken but ankle ligament damage in lot of pain but ok as well out for about 2 months and we will miss him didnt think we deserved the hamering you gave us but well done good luck for rest of season.

Peppermint,

Few would disagree. Luke Wheldon is as good as any player I see in the combo league. The reserves have alot out at the moment but Lol & Vic have inheritted a strong squad - as 8 games unbeaten would indicate and there are a hatfull of players capable of stepping into the first team when required.

2 years ago, I used to manage a team full of youngsters...but now the second team squad is full of experience and the 1st team is where some good tennagers get the chance to shine.

After years in the wilderness, Newquay at last have a combo squad that can challenge in league and cup.

John Hodge has done alot of unseen work and it will take a year or two but the players all seem keen to be part of the 'master plan' and I am sure both sides will improve a lot of the next 2 years and be genuine challengers in both leagues. The days of chasing immediate success by waving more and more money at 'renegades' are gone.

There must be something in the water in Newquay (or a lack of calcium in Newquay Milk) because our bones and muscles seem far more prone to problems than every other team. We consistantly have 10 or more out injured from both squads. Very frustrating.

Illogan 3- 0 Ludgvan

Never in any trouble really with 3 really well taken goals by Mark Miller, 1st hatrick for the club, hopefully not the last.

Top Moment: Stuart Peters chipping the goalie and going in the net when ludgvan defender does a great save to stop it, ref didnt even give a penalty untill the ludgvan linesman signalled it and even then didnt send him off, Referee had a shocker.

gee cant remember a report from you,that has never said any thing nice about the refs,win draw,or lose,you no the standard of this league,so just get on with it and stop moaning. :D :blink:

having to back gee on that one mrs p, ref was a complete nightmare! cant remember the last time we had a decent ref! what a shambles

yes ,but like i said the standard is poor,and add the very dodgey linesmen and you got no hope,so u just have to get on with it,and if it ant always you gee its some one from your team to have a go at the ref :drink:

having to back gee on that one mrs p, ref was a complete nightmare! cant remember the last time we had a decent ref! what a shambles

yes ,but like i said the standard is poor,and add the very dodgey linesmen,or antia,and you got no hope,so u just have to get on with it,and if it ant always you gee its some one from your team to have a go at the ref :drink:

I hope your gonna edit your post. Naming me as a dodgey lineo when i have nothing to do with yours and gees slating of refs is out of order. Why don't you name the other dodgey lineos and refs while your at it and get it all out of the way. If you or gee are a better lineo or ref then i for one would be happy at any game to give you my flags and you can do my job in the cold while i sit in the club house moaning about how c**p you are. Oh and not forgetting slating you on here so everyone can join in and moan. I will not be using this website any more other then to post my predictions. Hope you all have fun moaning about refs, lineos and me.

I hope mrs p is going to be offering anita an apology for her comment which was out of order and uncalled for we all have our opinions on officials but surely that has to be a simple personnal attack on anita which is uncalled for.

Why has this site turned into such a bitch fest are people that bored that they have to pick on others loads of regulars are saying they wont be using the site and thats just wrong dont give up guys just because a few have no common sense

It's not often I get angry on this forum and it's even rarer that I'll bother to reply to timewasters but today I'm making an exception.... :angry:

Mrs P I don't know who you are or what club you claim to represent but I think you are bang out of order singling Anita out for criticism and I think you owe her an immediate apology. We all make mistakes and Anita is no exception to that but she turns out week in, week out in all weathers and does her job to the best of her ability and she deserves full credit for that. We at Perranporth consider ourselves VERY lucky to have her on board and I will not tolerate you coming on here and putting her down.What has she ever done to you to deserve singling out above all other match officials? If you haven't got the bottle to apologise on here in public the least you could do is PM her and say sorry (and hopefully you'll have the decency to spell her name properly).

I hope the Administrators take note of your comments and kick you off here, we don't need people like you.

After a night of sulking, stressing and talking to a few people i've decided to ignore Mrs P's personal attack on me. Everyone is intitled to thier opinion and if she feels the need to single me out, then so be it. I must really stand out in the combo. I just hope next time she's at a game where i'm on the line she makes herself knowen and voices her opinions to my face. Infact i hope she has the guts to go up to all the "poor" refs and dodgey lineos and tell them what she thinks. Its quite clear that shes better then any of these men and women who give up thier time to do a thankless task so people get a game of football on a sat. If your better then us Mrs P your welcome to do my job. I have the men on a sat afternoon (which i do for free), kids sunday morning (again i do for free), ladies sunday afternoon (and again for free), and sometimes i have a evening game during the week (and what do you know i do that for free too). If you knew me Mrs P you'd know i'm the first to admit when i make a mistake, i'm human if i didn't make mistake i'd be you, which reminds me my names Anita not Antia. :D :drink:

Guest Postie Pidge

:yahoo: Anita you're staying! You know how much you were loved when you helped Falmouth out in pre season and everytime Perranporth don't have a game and it's something I, Gary and the second team appreciate.

I don't know who Mrs P is and quite frankly I couldn't give a shit. Running the line is a thankless task and nobody will get every decision right and you'll always be open to abuse and criticism but to launch a personal attack is out of order, especially when there are assistant referee's who favour their side (no names being mentioned).

Hopefully Rich will take some action and ban Mrs P from the site until she has completed a referee's course and officiated in five games and then see how easy it is.

i am so sorry antia,i put your name down,as i put linesmen, and your a lady,it wasnt meant to mean your one of the dogey linesmen,you do a good job and ia ma soory that it looked that it ment you,no hard feeling i hopehappy xmas :drink:

So who is going to start the we love anita beer fund?????

You must do something right anita cause you sure seem to have a shit load of support on this forum.

glad you decided to stay and well done for showing such dignity and not lowering yourself to their level :thumbsup: next time we meet we can have a few :drink::drink: :drink: