Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Junior Cup

Good game played in good spirits, well done to all pendeen players carry on playing like that and you will go far. Your no 11 lost it towards the end nearly breaking one of our players legs and nearly doing the same to me, although he was a good player and scored a great goal.

Don't want to go down there again on a day like today. pendeen 1 portreath 3.

Helston 1-1 Storm (AET)

Watched this game, very good to watch, both sides participated in a very end to end game dispite the wind. scorer for Helston was Pete Jelfs. Came about 10mins into extra time and the storm goal came from a break away in what seemed to be the 5th minute of added time in the 1st half of extra time. There was at least 20mins of this half.

Premier Sixes 0 - 2 Roseland

I am usually pretty laid back even when we have lost and my rant has nothing to do with the outcome or result.

A pretty tense affair looked for 80 minutes that it would be won by the first side to score as efforts at goal by either team were at a premium. Rosland snathed the lead with a scrambled effort with 10 minutes left and then 3 minutes later I caught their striker who was running nowhere in the box and they converted the pk :( game over. Not much between the teams with Roseland having the 'physical' advantage .i.e. their midfielder saying to Steve Sparkes 'I'm going to kick you all day long', Ref didn't offer much in the way of protection and when a Roseland player lost control of the ball and then lunged for it when he had no chance of making it the P6 defence winced (my hands were on my head) as the fully airbourne player connected with Defender Nathan Prentices shin a good 8 inches from the ground. P6 were pissed off with the challenge which was not only the worst of the match but the worst we have seen all season. The outcome .... Roseland free-kick and a booking for our keeper as we complained about the tackle. If Prento had of stayed down injured (he was fortunate he was caught in the middle of his shin pad - hang on, if he was caught with a studs up tackle by a fully airbourne player who had dived in from 5 yards on his SHIN PAD, then surely it wasn't a fair challenge, or even a clean challenge?) I am pretty sure their midfielder would have been sent off - were is the consistency?.This was no reflection on the result it was just a horrible horrible challenge that went unpunished and the for the referee to deem it was a fair challenge was shocking. He didn,t offer any protection to our players, and i'm sure this had no bearing on the final outcome, but when people have to go to work you expect some level of protection. Ref's score 51/100 as I can't be bothered putting an official complaint in. Worst we have had this season. All other refs have been scored around the 95 mark including our two previous defeats.

There is a FIFA directive on the use of unneccasary excessive force which is a straight red .... that is what this 'tackle' was.

Rant over we move on.

I don't know how the system works if you give less than 50. Obviously a side has a right to give less than 50, that is why there is a section for comments, however, I haven't named the ref and won't bother to give him the sub 50 score because he will probably receive some form of feedback from this and at some point in the future we will probably have him ref us again - and the last thing i want is for this guy to bear us a grudge ... Like many teams talks in the past have started 'We know what this ref is like and we know what to expect.....'

Bad challenge ... ridiculous decision ... rant over

Diouf tackle in Bolton Liverpool game was as close to tackle in P6 - Roseland, with ther exception that the Roseland player was fully airbourne and jumped in at full pelt from further away. Diouf got a yellow card when it should of been a red - P6 got penalised with a free-kick AGAINST and a yellow card to our keeper who was 20 yards away - strange game. Grr

The ref who shall be referred to as Mr X had no influence on the outcome this is not the rant of a bad loser - roseland won fair and square - my concern was A) that the safety of our players was not being taken into consideration and B) the worse challenge we have seen all season that brought syncronised wincing from the rest of the defensive unit and the keeper being singled out for remonstrating what at the end of the day was an appalling tackle going unpunished quite unbelieveable

The score of 51 for Mr X is solely on the basis that A) he missed the tackle and B) his version of events was that it was a good tackle and P6 are punished with a free-kick against as the keeper went 20 yards to complain the question has to be - why did the keeper run 20 yards to complain??????????

If the player who did the challenge continues to dive in like that he WILL put someone in hospital this season - for the referee to class it as a good challenge leaves me frustrated to say the least.

truro vs newlyn!!

the worst conditions ever!!

hence the 3-3 scoreline

it will be different next week|!

GAME ON!

So Truro only play well in the sunshine ! ..... take a look at the long range weather forcast, your season may be going downhill !

To be fair

there has been a few sunny days we have won this season..

however other games we have won in the RAIN.. yes in the RAIN!!

shocker i no..

but you have admit, were pretty bad conditions saturday mate!!

good luck huni...up the truro!

watched the truro vs newlyn game last week....weather and pitch were diabolical! newlyn will have to be careful this week with the young kid on the left playing very well...simms i think? truro subs were poor.....let them down, young lad in the midfield who came on....was terrible!

Guest stealth

we

ll

soccerfollower nice draw in the junior cup 2 be honest were happy with it. some good teams left in

but this fixture should be a good game dont u think

Yeah i agree with stealth. Any team who gets to the last 8 has to be content with whoever they get. I dont think they will fancy playing us at the moment ..... just a pity its come a bit earlier in the competion cos i think most people would have seen this as a good final line up... although i guess the other teams still involved would disagree.

i think the the last four will be chacewater, troon, portreath and St keverne. From then on who knows, all four sides are playing well.

I hope you are right spenny but saying that Helston are no push overs, we have an hard game on our hands and i think the game will be close. hopefully we will come out on top as i would like to get to my third final in four years.

The rest i agree with troon , chacewater and maybe st kevern to bi in area semi finals.

Good luck to all and have a merry xmas and new year.

from all at Portreath.

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY WELL DONE HELSTON TO HELSTON RESERVES AGAINST STORM WINNING THE REPLAY 4-3 ON SATURDAY AT STORMS GROUND. AFTER ALL THE BAD PRESS BY PLAYING A COUPLE OF SENIOR PLAYERS IN A PREVIOUS GAME BUCKO HAD TO PLAY 3 3RD TEAMERS IN THIS FIXTURE. AS I SAID IN THE INDEPENDANT IT'S SWINGS AND ROUNDABOUTS.

WELL DONE LADS FROM ME PERSONALLY AND ALL THE 1ST TEAM SQUAD...

GET IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest helstons14

Thanks Winno it was a great game. 1 down at halftime in really bad weather, the supporters must of questioned why they went outside to watch such a bad half. Second half end to end stuff with Mark Goldsworthy equalising and then Jonny Cole giving us the lead. Only lasted 10 seconds as Storm ran straight through and scored.

Pete Jelfs goal 10mins from time looked like giving us the win only for Storm to equalise in final two minutes of injury time. With a replay looming Alan Goldsworhy curled the winner with just about the last kick of the game.

Great cup game and credit to Storm, they were the lowest placed mining league team we had played but by far the best, something to do with 10 players out at the start of the season. Before Saturday they were unbeaten in 6 games and with the team they have got should be up there at the end of the season. A good footballing side and good bunch of guys.

jake thats not true and you know it.so tell me who are the clubs that have put 7 days in for you then.i have not heard anything about this .and you know me well enough that i would not and try hide anything from any player.maybe players should be more honest towards there club and manager.instead we get rumour control and players believe what they want.

also jake if its true and some clubs have told you that they have put 7 days in for you,i can tell you now that they are telling you lies .so who are they?

fuk me we got mutiny on the bounty here!!!!lads is it my fault 1 of their players tells me they put seven days in 4 me,as 4 portheleven it wasnt quite like that i was going 2 go but thought it wuld be better 2 do it from the beginning of a season rather than half way through.and kevin why oh why do you put something silly like that on the end ,your nearly twice my age but my lil boi is more mature ,der is a space going in the nursery ,do u want their number m8 :drink::drink::drink::thumbsup::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

Guest keir dent

Neil is that an illegal approach ??

Jakie you will never leave athletic you love argueing with spitshine too much

Personally I am guna stick my neck on the line and Mawnan will win the junior cup again in our section , they are too expeirenced and clever for helston,chacewater,st.keverne etc or who ever else is left in it

Peace out

K-Dogg over and out

Its good to see that people still think that chacewater dont have a chance against mawnan in the cup. I think the winner will come from that tie but i think chacewater have a better mix of youth and experience which mawnan will struggle to handle.