Cornwall Football Forum

How to join a Sunday league team?

Hi there, I'm looking to join a Sunday league team near helston if possible, never really played competitive football apart from now and again for school, and then with mates at the local muga. But I want to try my hand at football and was told this was a good way to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi Bowen, Wendron have a Sunday side and apparently Ruan Minor are looking to register a side too, depending which end of Helston you live. Wendron always looking for players, more than welcome to come down and have a run out with us if you want.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, jobysdad said:

How many teams are still left in the Sunday league from west of Truro?

As far as I know there's teams out at Ruan Minor, Four Lanes, us at Wendron, there are the two uni sides as well as possibly two more Falmouth based sides. Four Lanes have spoken to me on here before about entering a team, and I think Threemilestone have touted a team but I've heard nothing so far about this season so I have no idea what is happening.

• 4 weeks later...

Was there any further updates on this as I am also looking to start playing Sundays but wouldn't know where to start or who to contact. I am an experienced player. Is there a website or contact information for each club? I'd be looking around Truro-Redruth, anywhere in that kind of area would be fine. Thanks

On 02/08/2017 at 11:43, 5couse said:

As far as I know there's teams out at Ruan Minor, Four Lanes, us at Wendron, there are the two uni sides as well as possibly two more Falmouth based sides. Four Lanes have spoken to me on here before about entering a team, and I think Threemilestone have touted a team but I've heard nothing so far about this season so I have no idea what is happening.

Yes Threemilestone are entering a Sunday side, (primarily the old 2nd team with a few of the first team substitutes for game time) ?

22 hours ago, D862017 said:

Was there any further updates on this as I am also looking to start playing Sundays but wouldn't know where to start or who to contact. I am an experienced player. Is there a website or contact information for each club? I'd be looking around Truro-Redruth, anywhere in that kind of area would be fine. Thanks

I heard a rumour that the season was starting on 10th September but as of yet, nothing concrete.

This is the league website and by the looks of it the leagues have been decided but as of yet, no fixtures.

http://full-time.thefa.com/ProcessPublicSelect.do?psSelectedSeason=597127126&psSelectedDivision=729865701&psSelectedLeague=75095910