Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Senior Cup

:yahoo: So who would of thought that little old Lanreath would progress to the third round of the Senior Cup Millbrook didn't, I watched the game, in the rain, and I was impressed with most of the travelling players and supporters. There was just a couple of things that suprised me, firstly as the light faded in extra time I heard a few jibes regarding us not having lights at Rally Park, secondly some of the travelling supporters were not keen to pay the £1.50 gate money as they said they were Millbrook committe members, I ask you £1.50 and thirdly some of the players enjoyed a free pasty and a cheap pint but could not spare a pound on our raffle as they had not yet received their appearance fee.

This is what money has done to even local low level football.

:o but all those moans aside it was the biggest and best day in Lanreath's history, we just hope to have a good draw on Thursday as we are in a no lose situation.

Max

Max,

Well done to Lanreath,dont know much about you but you are certainly in the spotlight now after the shock of the round,

Wouldnt mind a trip to Rally Park(Lanreath v FalmouthTown/Camelford -dreaming) but have an important tie with Camelford first to contend with.

Sad to see visiting committee cannot fork out the £1-50p and £1-00 raffle-I think you underpriced your gate fee.

From what I have heard Probus charged £4-00 entry and I am sure Falmouth will charge the same.

Best wishes for the next round and the rest of the season-is this the first season in senior football?

yes well done to Lanreath was a great effort , by the way the players would have been waiting a long time for there apperence fee's as they dont get paid for cup games , ha ha

Sad to see visiting committee cannot fork out the £1-50p and £1-00 raffle

In the SWL, did clubs not get issued with 4? passes (that usually went to chairman/secretary etc) that entitled them to free entry to any match??

This would be something for the SWPL to consider.

I had an experiance at The Mill earlier in the season where a visiting supporter accessed the ground early form the players entrance.

With kick off approaching I asked if he was intending to watch the game, and if so had he paid. The said gentleman was extremely put out saying "but I'm here with my grandson, who plays for the opposition".

"I've never had to pay anywhere else".

The above would be avoided if the only "freebies" were pass holders

Sad to see visiting committee cannot fork out the £1-50p and £1-00 raffle

In the SWL, did clubs not get issued with 4? passes (that usually went to chairman/secretary etc) that entitled them to free entry to any match??

The Peninsula league do issue passes, but this was a Cornwall Senior Cup match, outside the jurisdiction of the league.