Cornwall Football Forum

newcastle?

Guest danny-efc-pafc

Guest danny-efc-pafc

is it just me or can no manager do well at newcastle? every manager seems to fail there, big sam is new and already they are questioning his position. everyone must know sam is great manager the wonders he done with bolton in his reign as manager.

or are newcastle just a team that under performs constantly?

Guest danny-efc-pafc

yeah they have a quailty team i think personally but they can never make it big, they brought in quite a few players this season , smith viduka cacapa they all have impressed, they had a great start to season but are back to old ways !

your guna have to give sam time and money to turn this around, the main problem is your managers dont seem to get long enough to build their team!!! The defence at newcastle is what is letting them down they really need to improve this asap if they wana move places :thumbsup::yahoo: :yahoo:

I thought that when Newcastle got rid of Titus Bumble they were on the right road but they have fallen back into their bad old ways of poor/lazy defending and being unable to keep possession of the ball for decent periods of time.

At Bolton there wasn't the expectation of success and the fans were happy with Sam's crew of experienced players who were a very hard side to beat.I think that he knew that his squad at Bolton had over achieved and got out while at the top.Newcastle is a totally different ball game with a massive fan base and club.Unfortunately he cannot put right years of under achievement by some substandard players in a matter of a few months.

Talking of Titus nice to see he was keeping the same form he had at Newcastle on the weekend for wigan, ha ha good lad.

I agree Newcastle need to sort the defence out big style and there they are on sky sports trying to get Crouch?? Why?? great player but its stopping them not scoring them that is the problem.

Not sure what the problem is with Newcastle Utd. Where have the days gone when they beat Man U 5 - 0? Great days, great football - really entertaining. They seem to be regarded as a big club even though in comparison to others they haven't really ever won anything?! I remember ( just ) back in '95 or '96 when they were in the old Division 1, Keegan hadn't long taken over and it was a Tuesday or Wednesday night on the 22nd December and they came down to play Argyle. We won 2-0 ( Robbie Turner with both ) but they absolutely packed out our away stand with fans and it's these people I feel sorry for when the team isn't performing, no matter what or where they will always turn out in force. Superb.

Newcastle suffer what no other English club seems to suffer with and that is the incredible exectations of their fans and that includes Liverpool. They have suffered over the years with that nausiating Freddie Shepherd being on board. How he and his henchman whose name escapes could show what they thought of their fans over their crap expesive replica kits for the fans and were not lynched is beyond me. But the fans keep coming back expecting miracles. Any manager who takes on Newcastle takes on the city as well and is just about the worst posible managerial position to take up. Sam must have been mad.

I noticed how they ran their guts out against Arsenal, but no team can produce that intense commitment every game they wouldn't last. Far better they got a couple of good ball playing midfielders who can do somethig with the ball instead of having players who will run all day chasing the ball because they keep giving it away.