Cornwall Football Forum

BBC SOUTH WEST SPORTS AWARDS.

Guest plainmoor

Congratulations to everyone at the club very well deserved memorable season and lets hope they can retain the FA VAse and become the first Cornish side to reach the Southern League.

Well what else can they be first at???????????

First cornish club to be refused planning permission for a community stadium.

First cornish club to steal a womens team.

First cornish club to have spent £100,000 on an old pitch that was only fit for pigs.

First cornish club to spend an extra £50,000 on trying to get it right.

First cornish club to pay a riduclous amount of money to mediocre players

First cornish club to pay their 2nd team manager £30,000 a year.

First cornish club to really alienate 99% of cornish people.

First cornish club to walk out onto the pitch with eye of the tiger blaring out.

First cornish club to charge £2 for a match day programme.

First cornish club to appoint the gayist looking captain.

The list is endless, no doubt the plastic tiggers will now be jumping on my back!!!!!!!!

Guest tom@white tigers

plainmoor, with all due respect SHUT UP. you're just jelous. although i do admit Truro are very lucky to be in the position they are and it is largly due to the money Kevin Heaney has brought in.

What makes you think the Truro supporters will jump on your back,we dont expect anything other on this forum,in fact we are begining to enjoy your jealous jibes.Most on this forum may be anti Truro,but most in the county enjoy what Truro are doing,if you want proof,just look at the increasing gates.

TRURO CITY THE PRIDE OF CORNWALL,AND F.A. VASE WINNERS.

KIT.

Guest Terrier Tom

As a neutral (looking and enjoying the site of a succesful Cornish side) how about:

First cornish club to be refused planning permission for a community stadium.

First Cornish club to try and get a community stadium - and what a coup for the County that would be!

First cornish club to steal a womens team.

First Cornish club to give a womans team the financial backing to compete at the very highest level

First cornish club to have spent £100,000 on an old pitch that was only fit for pigs.

First cornish club to spend an extra £50,000 on trying to get it right.

I think these two can be lumped together. £150k for a new pitch is the going rate, and as far as I understand from friends in the area the pitch right now looks fantastic. After all new pitches ( cough Wembley! ) take a while to bed in!!!

First cornish club to pay a riduclous amount of money to mediocre players

Would love to hear who these mediocre players are; players who have won a national competition and can compete and outplay (by all accounts) Conference South sides. (It was at this point I realised you are extremely bitter/jealous)

First cornish club to pay their 2nd team manager £30,000 a year.

:clapper::clapper:Let's just say I have a very good source and when I asked him about this, well, I nearly had to hang up because of his laughing

First cornish club to really alienate 99% of cornish people.

1% of Cornwall = 5,000 people. It was good to see Truro took nearly 15,000 to Wembley. I guess that means they have only alienated 97% :rolleyes:

First cornish club to walk out onto the pitch with eye of the tiger blaring out.

ARREST THEM!!!

First cornish club to charge £2 for a match day programme.

Having downloaded the programme, and bought programmes from around the country, £2 is serious value for money

First cornish club to appoint the gayist looking captain.

A disgusting comment, showing your base level, gutter knowledge

Plainmoor I am as neutral as any and enjoying seeing all the Cornish clubs do well, none more so than Falmouth. But people like you, who know nothing about situations or football, are an embarrasment. When jealously and bitterness blind actual sense and clarity it really is time to be quiet. I am no TCFC fan, but you sir, well, I think everyone can see, your an idiot.

Well done TCFC on Team Of The Year. Not bad for a bunch of mediocre players. :clapper::c: :drink:

Guest plainmoor

Ha Ha your all missing the point, every cornish, devon, sussex, herefordshire club etc. has a first for something, keep saying truro are the first cornish club to do this or that and thats when you start to ailenate people.

Smithy does look pretty g a y in every photo I've seen him in, not saying he is just that he looks it.

Are you sure that 15.000 people went to wembley to see truro or did they just go to have a look at the new stadium? I suggest teh latter otherwise your gates would be more than 500.

If mr heaney had spent £150.000 in the first place with a proper firm of contractoers instead of trying to do it on the cheap then they wouldn't have had a problem with the pitch and they wouldn't have had tp pay st.blazey £500 a time to play on theirs!

Oh yes and I forgot the biggest first of all,

The first cornish team to name themselves after an almost exstinct group of inbread animals, now theres clever thinking and great research by the supporters, just about shows their intelligence doesn't it.

and what about the first cornish team to let its supporters beat up an old man and his son at truro train station?

Guest Terrier Tom

I think he may feel a bit embarrased by the fact he is making himself feel such a fool. Never mind. Those with little knowledge are amusing.

Sad that he has been shot down by 2 neutrals eh TMS. Makes his point even more mute!

I imagine TCFC fans read this and laugh. I'm not a fan but I do!

And just for one final laugh:

If mr heaney had spent £150.000 in the first place with a proper firm of contractoers instead of trying to do it on the cheap then they wouldn't have had a problem with the pitch and they wouldn't have had tp pay st.blazey £500 a time to play on theirs!

I take it the Wembley contractors must have been equally stupid then! Ha. How many times last season did Truro use St. Blazey? More to the point, how many times did TCFC lose at home last year on their own 'fit for pigs' pitch with mediocre players?!!? :rolleyes:

Guest Bunhill

Smithy does look pretty g a y in every photo I've seen him in, not saying he is just that he looks it.

Good grief, you really are scraping the bottom of the barrel aren't you?, the other day on another (BBC bashing) thread it started with ' it's not fair THEY (Truro City) have a whole page in THEIR local paper (Mid Cornwall ed. West Briton)!' - oh the inhumanity of it! :( , god knows how Kevin Heaney sleeps at night!

yes I can see the funny side of plainmoor's postings its a bit like being savaged by a dead Sheep but,

now you really are doing this website and it's hosts a great diservice with your prattle, the quote above pretty much seals it, if you care that much about Cornish football do us all a favour and go back over the Tamar to Torquay Utd.

we look forward to meeting you in the Southern League.

Truro Loyal.

Ha Ha your all missing the point, every cornish, devon, sussex, herefordshire club etc. has a first for something, keep saying truro are the first cornish club to do this or that and thats when you start to ailenate people.

Are you sure that 15.000 people went to wembley to see truro or did they just go to have a look at the new stadium? I suggest teh latter otherwise your gates would be more than 500.

Oh yes and I forgot the biggest first of all,

The first cornish team to name themselves after an almost exstinct group of inbread animals, now theres clever thinking and great research by the supporters, just about shows their intelligence doesn't it.

and what about the first cornish team to let its supporters beat up an old man and his son at truro train station?

so nobody ever been beat up,in torquay,been their before,fights going on all the time,does that mean that its all your fault,my god what a plank you are :blink: :blink:

Can I have my .02p worth please?

How utterly DISGUSTED I am with the abuse just within this post!!!

This post was about the BBC SW Sports Awards, not how the captain looks, or how Truro are the first Cornish club to do something!

Plainmoor, you are just bang out of order, Tom Smith is not queer looking, nor queer, as you so refer. Come to Treyew Road tomorrow and say it to his face, I dare you!

As for this Truro Bashing, just because Heaney spent moeny, and the team won, you should be jealous?

Maybe they should kick Truro out, if so, why not most of the Premier League clubs like Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool etc?

I also note certain others who have a dislike to Truro, no names mentioned, but as for stealing a ladies team, what utter rubbish! Newquay couldn't accommodate the ladies team, and as Truro Ladies disbanded, they had an opportunity to play on at Truro, which they took up.

If you're gonna start bashing Truro, I suggest you start your own 'BashingTruro.com' forum to do so!

Rant over.

Guest Sullivan

It's so boring to here about Truro and how bad they are for Cornish football in every post. True Cornish football followers support any team from Cornwall who want to achieve... Surely? It's like a playground on this site sometimes.

Firstly in regards to some of plainmoor rantings in regards to Truro City. Either St Lawrences is releasing a few of it's shall we say less than sane patients early into the community or plainmoor has a real vendetta against Truro. In regards to the Vase I was amongst those 15,000 who went to Wembley and am the first to admit it was to see the new Wembley first then to give Truro my support.

Whatever anyone thinks of Truro, everyone has to admit that they are doing well. The money that Mr Heaney has brought into Truro is no different to the money brought into other clubs throughout the country, it is just someone has never invested so much into a Cornish club before (I think that is right). Any club within the county would jump at an investor who is happy to pump thousands of pounds into their club, many of the clubs around the county have sugar daddies or mummies, however, they are just not as rich as the Truro Chairman. Good luck to them for winning the award and if they progress up the ladder to the conference then again well done.

The only problem I have with them is not so much they want success but at times is their attitude to the football scene within Cornwall ie 'we are number one and the rest of you are insignificant' maybe I am wrong in my perception, but with the amount of media coverage they get sometimes it does feel that Mr Heaney’s money has brought the Cornish press as well as success.