Cornwall Football Forum

Not as good as it was ;0(

Guest Dermot

It might be just me but i am struggling to be bothered logging on and posting on this site as it seems to be going down the same road as the Banter Circle website (OK if thats what you want),losing sight of the important things IE football results and match information and Questions,it just seems like a site for slagging off Refs,Teams and certain people off,its not good and extremly boring.

Sort it out folks,please ? ;0( :unsure:

you need to cut it out first !!! for example i was the victim of an un-provoked attack on another thread , this has now caused the thread to drift off-topic , therefore the football talk being very limitted

Guest crosser

can I suggest yellow card/red card for abusive posters 1st time you get a yellow card second time red card and banned.

Personally I don't think this site is that bad I read the topics that interest me and ignore the one's that don't, all forums have keyboard warriors just ignore them or block them through your control panel

Guest Sullivan

The best way to deal with it is don't! Ignore the comment and post around it, that way the person isn't getting what they want... Attention and a reaction. Simple but effective, playground tactics.

It might be just me but i am struggling to be bothered logging on and posting on this site as it seems to be going down the same road as the Banter Circle website (OK if thats what you want),losing sight of the important things IE football results and match information and Questions,it just seems like a site for slagging off Refs,Teams and certain people off,its not good and extremly boring.

In all fairness, results and match info are posted by those that feel it necessary to share that info in the sections where it belongs. There are results and match reports in all sections, just that they are not all together. The plus side of all of this is that those who only want to check out the senior results, don't have to trawl through what they probably consider is the mindless durge that is junior football.

I think the site is great and run to a very high standard. There are many people that enjoy banter on this site but they only do it in the section(s) where it's permitted, ie"non-cornish football". I do understand what you're saying Dermot but I think it's down to the old chestnut of "if you don't like it, Don't read it".

Guest Peppermint

We all have times when we don't agree with postings or the abuse is too much but on the whole the Forum is a wonderful vehicle for expressing views and taking part in a little banter.

The Forum is also very useful for imparting details of fixtures and reports of games etc.

We all have our differing opinions but long may the Forum continue and on my behalf a big thank you to all who contribute to the running of the site.

I think we (The Admin) are gonna have to come down a little harder on the personal side of the comments made on here some time as it can get very nasty, however we do enjoy good debates from time to time, i guess we all have to think about what we are typing before we do so.

Sometimes it goes a little off the rails and therefore we have to delete the topics/comments, if any of you saw what was posted on here late last night by a `minor!` then you would be very very disgusted! Unbelievable!

I think that a lot of the "banter" is light hearted initially but when you see postings by people at about 11. 30 p.m. or 3 o`clock on a sunday and people are just being abusive, I feel that they have returned from the pub and just want to provoke someone!!! not a problem because I love to wind people up but I thought the forum was for soccer followers to comment and offer opinions without slagging other people off. I think the results and comments by players, refs and managers are what the forum should be about and if you want to moan to other people then go and tell them to their face.

Just off to put my soap box away but interested in your comments!!!

Is there any way the administrators can remove just the offensive postings and leave the gist of the original topic in place. I posted a piece about Heaney and Argyle because I thought it of interest to everyone It may be a complete red herring but after hearing a comment from a Truro City supporter yesterday I am not to sure because the rumour, and to be fair that is all it is, has gathered momentum.

But nobody can discuss the item because of a few silly people venting their anger on each other which was totally unrelated to the original posting.

Is there any way the administrators can remove just the offensive postings and leave the gist of the original topic in place. I posted a piece about Heaney and Argyle because I thought it of interest to everyone It may be a complete red herring but after hearing a comment from a Truro City supporter yesterday I am not to sure because the rumour, and to be fair that is all it is, has gathered momentum.

But nobody can discuss the item because of a few silly people venting their anger on each other which was totally unrelated to the original posting.

Yes i closed this topic and did send an apology over, Its a shame the original topic seemed to have got lost in amongst people biting each other.

I've just spent ten minutes or so deleting posts that had either nothing to do with the original subject topic of Kevin Heaney and Argyle.

Can we now stick to debating the original subject and stop the silly, childish slagging off of others.

The individual culprits will be hearing from me.

I didn't see whatever it was that was put on here the other night but it sounds as though it was very much out of order. It's not as though people have never been warned previously about what conduct will or will not be tolerated, so I say "Take them to the cleaners Deacs". There's no place for abuse or anything of that nature on this superb facility that most of us use in the way it is meant to be used. If some brainless moron wishes to abuse something that is there for his/her benefit and enjoyment, then they don't deserve the right to use such a facility and should simply be banned instantly.

In all fairness, results and match info are posted by those that feel it necessary to share that info in the sections where it belongs. There are results and match reports in all sections, just that they are not all together. The plus side of all of this is that those who only want to check out the senior results, don't have to trawl through what they probably consider is the mindless durge that is junior football.

I think the site is great and run to a very high standard. There are many people that enjoy banter on this site but they only do it in the section(s) where it's permitted, ie"non-cornish football". I do understand what you're saying Dermot but I think it's down to the old chestnut of "if you don't like it, Don't read it".

totally agree, but the guys who do come on here just to slag off or wind people up as soon as they step the mark they are usually shot down by the regulars

dont give up on us dermot