Cornwall Football Forum

Englands World Cup Group

Guest Peppermint

I agree with a One and a Six if England appoint the right calibre manager this does not seem a very difficult group. There are a lot more difficult groups.

a one and a six,

So you are another one of those so called England suporters, who puts all the blame on Mc Claren,

have you forgoten that there was a so called Football team playing against Croatia, the truth is the Players did not perform, & there was nothing that the Manager could do about it, they perform better for thier respective clubs, look at Gerard, for Liverpool, even the comentators said why can he not play like that for England, the answer may be because, one, they play to much league Football before an International, or two, they care more for the club than for the Country, take your pick,

it does not matter a hoot who you have as manager there will always, be people, like you who put all the blame on the current Manager,

I say broaden your comments & remember if the team does not perform you will not win your games, no matter who the Manager is,

Hammers :angry2::(:c: :c:

Guest Peppermint

A bit harsh Hammers - hopefully the England team next time will include players like - Terry, Fredinand, Ashley Cole, Rooney, Owen etc. and then perhaps with new thinking England will get through that group.

Hopefully the new regime will bring in some of the promising players from the Under 21 team.

Lets face it with the poor keeper having a nightmare and the back four the worst I have ever seen then it should not be too difficult to improve on that performance.

I beg to differ that McClaren was powerless - he could have started with two up front and James in goal for instance. Beckham was essential if Crouch was the only striker. The list is endless and I feel that McClaren was inept.

Peppermint,

Yes it may be a bit harsh, but your comments are more or less what I am saying, the team did not perform, yes Mc laren made mistakes, he did start with the wrong line up, but he was still powerless to get the players to perform, I also agree we need some new players to be given a chance to win a place in the England team, I think we tend to believe that we have to have players like Roony & Owen in the team to be able to win, but I believe that there are other players out there who could do just as well, so we have to find them, & not put so much dependence on players such as Roony & Owen.

You also know as with the League's, if a team does not perform, the Manager gets the chop, but you rarely hear the players getting blamed,

Also the press play a big part in bring a Manager down as the do with Politics.

Hammers, :thumbsup::c: :c:

Guest Peppermint

Yes Hammers I think we are broadly in agreement and the manager of Engalnd is probably more difficult than being Prime Minister!

I agree that a number of players should take a good look at themselves and not just for the Croatia match but the other qualifiers and think they did not do themselves justice.

One point that probably interests you is that it was very good to see Dean Ashton come on as a sub yesterday and for a comeback I thought he looked quite good and I would like to see him invovlved in the England set up along with the striker from Aston Villa.

Yeah i agree the players haven't performed during the qualification campaign but its up to the boss to pick the right players and to fire them up before the matches. Besides if players consistently are not performing why did McClaren continue to play them?

The squads McClaren chose most of the time were similar to most of Sven's squads but i can recall his England teams topping every qualification group that they played in. The England players looked lost when they played against Croatia, looked like a load of strangers but that is alot to do with poor tactics and coaching from the manager.