Cornwall Football Forum

ROCHE FC AT PENSILVA

:angry: Roche travelled to Pensilva hoping to play Pensilva Reserves but due to the hosts Premier side not having a game, they played,although no rules were broken it seems very unsporting to use these players when they play at a higher level every week,and the bare face cheek when "one of the managers" was asked if any 1st teamers were playing, he said a couple of fringe players were out there, but on opening the Indy today there was a picture of Pensilva Premier side of which i recognised at least 8 i played against yesterday,also after the game many of the hosts side walked of the pitch without shaking some of the Roche players hands,this was because Pensilva were winning 3-0 by way of 3 fluke goals(2 crosses,lucky goal kick assisted by 70mph wind),Roche came fighting back with Malcolm Thomas scoring a hatrick to claim a point and were unlucky not to come away with all three points against their better players.

I think we ruffled the Duchy Premier Players feathers, or was there someother reason they looked unhappy,oh yeah 3-0 up and laughing,3-3 not so funny

PENSILVA(1ST TEAM) 3-3 ROCHE RESERVES

There should be some rule to stop this happening and it's not within the spirit of the game. :angry:

Although I blame the club. Running a reserve team myself, what would I say to my lads if i'd dropped them all to play the first team?!! They certainly wouldn't turn up the following week.

:clapper: Thanks for the comments,but it happens too much in our League maybe it is about time for a rule change?What do they say to the 2nd team?Sorry boys but we"re gonna play the 1st team to get some points,well find out this week what happens when both Pensilva sides have a game,and i do believe Week St.Mary play Pensilvas Premier side this Saturday in the Junior Cup, by going on what i played against last week, Week St.Mary should beat em!

St. Newlyn East are at Gunnislake this Sat in Duchy Div 4 and one of our lads has already been told by one of their players that as their 1st's haven't a game they will be drafting in players from their Duchy Premier team to play us and despite being a regular for them all season may not be playing this weekend because of the 1st teamers playing.

The Duchy League does have a ruling on this but it seems difficult to enforce as it depends on the match being a promotion/relegation decider and going against "the spirit of the game".

Watch this space for Sat's result!

:drink: If there is a ruling its very secret,as far as i know most teams that has 2 Duchy sides can do as they wish,last year Roche hosted Probus in a promotion decider,Probus just won, but their team included Senior South Western players including Dominic Pullen and a few 1st team players reinstated,thats really fair.

:clapper: Anyway look forward to this weeks game away to Bodmin Saints,we will give you a very hard game Pablo,may the best team win!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clapper: Also good luck to St.Newlyn East

I am informed; it was a tough game S T B. Saints 3 - 0 Roche. Another hat-trick by Deejay Jeffries made the difference it seems. He has forty plus after elen and a half games now; I just can't remember exacttly how many these days. I'm sure D J will remind me. Anyway, my son tells me it was indeed a tough game. Well played Roche and hard luck.

:clapper: Yes we gave Bodmin a very hard time,and if it wasnt for the hosts inform goalie Roche could have scored at least 2,the 1st half was very even with Roche probably just shading it,but a slight defensive error gave Bodmin a fortunate half time lead,Roche were pushing hard in the 2nd half and as of late we just dont get the breaks,and when a shot was going wide it hit a Roche defender which deflected into the back of the net,obviously with 10min to go we had to push higher and we got caught on a counter attack making it three nil.

Give Bodmin their due they are a good outfit,but Roche can hold their heads high,we gave them a rea :thumbsup: l game.