Cornwall Football Forum

swpl(west) v county cup -what takes precedence?

Guest omerta

can someone in officialdom clarify the following. Falmouth towns 1st teams fixture vCamelford(county senior cup)is being played next sat 1st dec taking precedence over both teams arranged league fixtures in their respective peninsula divisions.Whilst Falmouth town 3rds pre-arranged WSFHL game has been cancelled due to their involvement in the county cup(junior) at mousehole. Mousehole 1sts have asked for the county cup game to be called off so their peninsula(west)team can play a league game vPenzance!

SURELY THIS IS WRONG either both county cup games(senior and junior) take precedence over all teams peninsula fixtures or neither does? falmouth town have not agreed to put back the junior cup tie against Mousehole THEREFORE IT SHOULD BE PLAYED on the date given sat 1st dec. County cup(Senior and junior)have always come 1st in a clubs importance of fixture. Does this mean that the county junior cup is no longer as important as the new peninsula league(West) Though Camelfords fixture in the East and Falmouths fixture in the premier division have been cancelled. It will be interesting to see if the c.c.f.a back their own county cup competition or allow Mousehole or the peninsula league hierachy (Whichever is accountable) to push back its flagship competition into second place!!!!!!

FA Rule, Each County can nominate ONE "Senior" county cup competition that takes precedence over National League System (Pyramid) fixtures.

Therefore The Cornwall Senior Cup takes precedence, the Cornwall Junior Cup does not.

thanks for your quick response and clearing the matter up for me Phil. On the same subject though ive just been p.m by a Mousehole player to say the game should still go ahead on the clubs second pitch as the often have 2games going ahead at home involving 2 of the three mens adult sides. maybe this ones for a Mousehole official???

Yep, How you doing? I had a phone call from Norman at Albion this morning saying that we were playing Albion then I had a call from the players saying that we were away to St Day Then I read your posts,and Norman just come off the phone he says Lizard are unable to travel on Saturday so they have gone back to the original fixtures of Mousehole V St Day Falmouth Albion V Falmouth Athletic but we had better wait for confirmation!

if its possible to complicate this sats div1 fixtures any more! my sec spoke to gerald sobey this morning and hes confirmed fal town are playing lizard at home this saturday as per the original fixture list(apparently the indie got it wrong) :blink: