Cornwall Football Forum

Lost it again St John.  Is there anyway you can give a rational response without digging yourself into a hole.:SM_carton:

Flabbie Cabbie

I will repeat again.

Clubs must vote on a change of rule

1     The constitution is for 16 teams in each division

2     If the Prmeier Division has its full compliment 16 teams then TWO teams are to be relegated

3     If there are only 15 teams in the division then ONE team will be relegated

4     If you have 14 teams or less in the division then NO team should be relegated

Its not rocket science.  It must be in black and white then there is NO ARGUMENT   

3 hours ago, ECPL said:

Lost it again St John.  Is there anyway you can give a rational response without digging yourself into a hole.:SM_carton:

Flabbie Cabbie

I will repeat again.

2     If the Prmeier Division has its full compliment 16 teams then TWO teams are to be relegated

3     If there are only 15 teams in the division then ONE team will be relegated

4     If you have 14 teams or less in the division then NO team should be relegated

Its not rocket science.  It must be in black and white then there is NO ARGUMENT   

ECPL It appears to be harder than Rocket Science.  Is the above the rule as is stands or a proposal. When I get this info I promise I will be up to speed.

Crikey mate I would get out more.  I am asking for clubs to PROPOSE a new rule. If you had followed this from the start I have been asking for a rule change so that in the event of this happening again then everyone will know the answer and we wont have to offer opinions as we can rely on facts.   We will know tomorrow at the EGM   I just hope a club proposes this and gets it past.  If not we will be arguing about the same thing next season.  :D

9 minutes ago, Home Waters said:

As an outsider why can't the league officers committee make rule change proposals to the agm - every other league does - why blame it on the clubs all the time.

Well said Home Waters, glad to see somebody out there with common sense!

5 hours ago, ECPL said:

Flabbie Cabbie

I will repeat again.

You crack me up, this pantomime happens every year in this league. About time proper rules were put in place and then correctly administered!

54 minutes ago, Home Waters said:

As an outsider why can't the league officers committee make rule change proposals to the agm - every other league does - why blame it on the clubs all the time.

Home Waters - there are several threads with a similar theme, it's like 'herding ferrets', the ECPL committee are all committed and knowledgeable about the issues affecting clubs, especially in the East of the County, it would be so much simpler it they proposed the changes, in a coherent fashion, got it debated and then clubs could simply propose, second and vote in quick time at meetings - yes / no and move on.

Even simpler would be a quorum of the committee to look at issues affecting league clubs, make recommendations and if necessary hold a meaningful EGM - rules can be changed and promptly where necessary - it does not take a whole season.

I'm sure that a rule change at an EGM this week cannot have retrospective effect upon the season just finished. The rules at the start of the season rules would have to be applied. In addition, Rule 12(B) is not able to be changed from it's current wording as it is compulsory as part of the FA Standard Code.

I don't know the agenda for the EGM but if was arranged to propose a rule change regarding promotion and relegation which could then be applied at next months AGM, I'm afraid that's a none starter for both of the reasons stated above.

On 2017-5-23 at 22:00, Martin McHugh said:

Hi Pedro, sorry to seem negative here but at what point did you assume that Liskeard are "Clutching at straws " to stay up ? where did you get that information from please??

MQx

Hi MQ

My comment wasn't aimed at Liskeard in particular but towards clubs that struggle to stay in a division on a regular basis. In my humble opinion teams would enjoy their football at a level that they can compete without the worry of avoiding relegation. 

How often do you here clubs that are doomed looking for lifelines to retain their status?