Cornwall Football Forum

I'm totally shocked and disgusted a well established club could completely get rid of a whole team and management and bring in a rivals under 18s side and management . There certainly ain't no loyalty anymore . Some committee members should bow there head in shame disgusting behaviour 

4 minutes ago, rob brown said:

Gutted for ya-put a lot of time and effort in this year mate. Which under 18's are coming in?? 

Plymouth Parkway Under 18's and management are leaving us to move to Tavistock.  We are equally as shocked

1 minute ago, rob brown said:

That's a bit of a blow for you guys as well-would have been nice for you guys to feed them into the snr sides 

We successfully did that last year with a few.  The reserves have 7 lads that are 18 or under at the moment - Shame as the next crop of youth could have added to that.  It is a shame for sure, but best of luck to them next season.

It's very underhanded especially from a rival team no disrespect to you devon29 but why go to your under 18s I just don't get it . Rob we put a lot of effort in and had made 4 young signings for next season that were exciting to watch and then this 

If (big if), Tavvy have got rid of their Reserve team and replaced them with Parkway u18, it could go down as one of the worse decisions of next season. Not only does it completely undermine all the youth development at Tavistock and the loyalty of current players - but also Parkway u18 are poor and as a team nowhere near ready for ECPL Prem - and that is having seen them as Plymstock and Parkway u18 - they have a couple of decent players but as a squad???

Results wise, Tavi have slipped compared to recent seasons. I've noted a couple of heavy defeats, 6-0 in particular recently. It's a results game or maybe the fact that the 1st team won the SWPL, what goes on with the 2nd team takes on less significance? A bit harsh, but that's football!!!

Wow.  Got the statement from Tavistock.  Nothing surprises me anymore.  So why did Tavistock allow an SWPL player to play for the ECPL team when they he already signed for another ECPL club.   The mind boggles,  Still there is one club that will be happy. 

I am assuming the Tavistock chairman or First Team manager have watched this youth team? Whilst the statement from the chairman is very inclusive, unless they retain 7-8 Reserve Team players or proved players at this level, then Tavistock Reserves are in for a very, very long season.

The way i see it is its harsh on the tavi lads but from the clubs point of view having played tavi this seson i cant see any of the second team bar Jamie Castle and the lad Tribble being able to step up to help the first team which is what a second team is for in fact they use one of our players at Bere if the need someone so to get a young team in where they can only inprove you can see where the club is coming from but like i said it is harsh on the lads that have gave everything for tavi 

2 hours ago, jefferson hog said:

The way i see it is its harsh on the tavi lads but from the clubs point of view having played tavi this seson i cant see any of the second team bar Jamie Castle and the lad Tribble being able to step up to help the first team which is what a second team is for in fact they use one of our players at Bere if the need someone so to get a young team in where they can only inprove you can see where the club is coming from but like i said it is harsh on the lads that have gave everything for tavi 

Pretty loyal bunch of lads at Tavi too, 7/8 of them seem to have been there for years   now. 

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Early Doors said:

Elaborate Rob??

Tavi seconds from last season being binned off for parkway under 18's, liskeard appoint a new manager end of last season who leaves his position at another club-gets a new squad together of local lads (as the club asked) only to be told this evening his services and team no longer required as tavi seconds from last year-management and 15 players are coming in instead.........or so I've been told ?

Nothin surprises me in football, but few of my mates play and have played at liskeard for years and now feel pushed out. Lads that played in a good east Cornwall side, a side that went down and a side that came back up, loyal lads. The lads that were coming in were stepping up from lower leagues but were all local and were looking forward to the challenge. Bet they all feel let down

6 minutes ago, jayjay21 said:

Well just to clear things up for everyone we as a squad and management team were approached by liskeard we never approached them we was in discussions with st Dom which pretty much everyone knew , but liskeard came to us and after a few meetings a deal was done . I will make clear so everyone knows we did not approach liskeard so as for immoral no we wasn't it's no different than a club coming in for a player so on that note don't tar us with that brush as it's not like that at all . If as rob says happened it is bad for them players but nothing to do with us as a squad and management 

Dont worry about brushes and tar mate, players just want to play football but if you have had "a few meetings" and "Liskeard approached  you" then you dont have anything to worry about.  

Spare a thought for the guy who was coming in and bringing back local players to get the club through a sticky patch!!

MQx

5 minutes ago, jayjay21 said:

Well just to clear things up for everyone we as a squad and management team were approached by liskeard we never approached them we was in discussions with st Dom which pretty much everyone knew , but liskeard came to us and after a few meetings a deal was done . I will make clear so everyone knows we did not approach liskeard so as for immoral no we wasn't it's no different than a club coming in for a player so on that note don't tar us with that brush as it's not like that at all . If as rob says happened it is bad for them players but nothing to do with us as a squad and management 

Didn't mean it was immoral for you as management and players but more from liskeard as a club-much like you felt when tavi did similar to you. It's a ruthless game

On 18/05/2017 at 20:50, jayjay21 said:

I'm totally shocked and disgusted a well established club could completely get rid of a whole team and management and bring in a rivals under 18s side and management . There certainly ain't no loyalty anymore . Some committee members should bow there head in shame disgusting behaviour 

Great speech ??

2 minutes ago, jayjay21 said:

Thank you ????

Wasn't putting fault with you at all mate. I was just a bit surprised after the way you felt you had been treated you would move to a club that has just treated another squad the same. Out of the frying pan and into the fire maybe. 

Especially with the strong 'local players' liskeard seconds have always had and the direction the club has been going with the use of local lads across all three teams, I was surprised they have moved away from this. I hope they don't go back on this after this season and you as a squad end up looking for another team again ??

12 minutes ago, rob brown said:

Wasn't putting fault with you at all mate. I was just a bit surprised after the way you felt you had been treated you would move to a club that has just treated another squad the same. Out of the frying pan and into the fire maybe. 

Especially with the strong 'local players' liskeard seconds have always had and the direction the club has been going with the use of local lads across all three teams, I was surprised they have moved away from this. I hope they don't go back on this after this season and you as a squad end up looking for another team again ??

Funnily enough Rob, the committee meeting we had Monday night it was stated that Liskeard must be a local team for local players!! Lasted 2 days I suppose!

Sadly there is only one loser in this saga-St.Dom.- a  good Club run by one of the most respected people in the ECPL,-Ken Harvey.Could you really blame Ken

in view of this and the problem with last season's manager, if he felt like chucking it all in ? The question must be asked if St.Dom can possibly continue.

As for Liskeard :----"CAVEAT EMPTOR"!

15 minutes ago, JonColenzo said:

Funnily enough Rob, the committee meeting we had Monday night it was stated that Liskeard must be a local team for local players!! Lasted 2 days I suppose!

It was what I helped MQ strive to get for years there mate and was the whole point of getting a third team for the 18's to go into and for the kids side to have something to aim for a progress into. Seems a shame for the club to loose that base. 

10 minutes ago, Adlestrop said:

Sadly there is only one loser in this saga-St.Dom.- a  good Club run by one of the most respected people in the ECPL,-Ken Harvey.Could you really blame Ken

in view of this and the problem with last season's manager, if he felt like chucking it all in ? The question must be asked if St.Dom can possibly continue.

As for Liskeard :----"CAVEAT EMPTOR"!

And me! Only ECPL manager to have never managed a game before being removed!