Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City,season tickets.

1 hour ago, le boss said:

The sooner that those involved in Truro football club realise that very few, if any, people living outside of Truro are remotely interested in watching them the better. Cornwall is a parochial county and people only support their own town or village. Lovely idea that we shall feel compelled to watch them but should we all go and watch Truro cricket as well just because they are the biggest team in Cornwall? Not interested watching Ebbsfleet or any other non  league team let alone pay more than a tenner for the privilege 

Unusually sensible and on the money there le boss.

I have watched TCFC play ....when there is absolutely no local football on anywhere ...and that includes Helston (!)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Falmouth will always be the yardstick to my generation .....and they've had to sell their ground as well when trying to stay at the top level.

Is that the old Asfield ground or the present Bickland ? No information released from the club to the Press, as far as I am aware? Is a new ground actually started being constructed ?

15 hours ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

According to 'contact the club' info Colin Bradbury is still the Press Officer which I would think also covers PR. however the position of Commercial Manager isn't as easy as many think, to sell the image sponsors 'require to invest' you first have to have an image to project. - We don't appear to have a commercial manager at this time - A start has to be made to build the clubs image but that has been tried, unfortunately for every step forward we appear to take two back. - 10 years or so ago the club had an army of volunteers but a succession of rebuffs has left them disillusioned, a mixture of supporters and administrators, the type of people every club needs. so what do we get?  we get B_D coming on here admitting he has no knowledge of the events leading to rifts within the club, if he did and was himself a victim he too would join the MOANERS he criticises. B_D's postings only act to fan the flames, perhaps he should award himself a red card,:SM_carton: Offside Ref.:)

Hi B_D,

I appreciate your "Like" endorsement  for the above posting accepting the latter part of it in the humorous manner it was intended, despite our opposite opinion on some of the matters raised, varying opinions keep these forums to the fore, It may be better at times if when there is a different viewpoint those on the fringe of what is being mentioned ask any questions about matters they are uncertain about - perhaps these forums need more discussion rather than occasional conflict.

I notice you are a referee, I imagine you do that with humour, those types of referee are rare these days but are after all amongst the better ones. I was at a game this season and the referee made a mistake and I voiced my opinion but before restarting play he ran to near where I stood and said "if I was where you are I would say the same" and winked, it was a lesser error (he realised he made) but it may have created an atmosphere within the game if he had changed his mind so allowed the game to flow. - The better side of football.

1 hour ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Hi B_D,

I appreciate your "Like" endorsement  for the above posting accepting the latter part of it in the humorous manner it was intended, despite our opposite opinion on some of the matters raised, varying opinions keep these forums to the fore, It may be better at times if when there is a different viewpoint those on the fringe of what is being mentioned ask any questions about matters they are uncertain about - perhaps these forums need more discussion rather than occasional conflict.

I notice you are a referee, I imagine you do that with humour, those types of referee are rare these days but are after all amongst the better ones. I was at a game this season and the referee made a mistake and I voiced my opinion but before restarting play he ran to near where I stood and said "if I was where you are I would say the same" and winked, it was a lesser error (he realised he made) but it may have created an atmosphere within the game if he had changed his mind so allowed the game to flow. - The better side of football.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, how you voice that opinion is the important thing. I respect yours, as I do everyone else's. This forum is a fantastic platform for social interaction from all walks of football - Referees, players, spectators etc alike. But sometimes it can also be quite a nasty place. That's the bit I don't like.

I saw the humour to your post. I try to see the funny side in everything (where it can be found) :)

• 1 month later...

If you do speak out, you get banned from the website , I have sent an email to PM about 10 days ago and tried to build bridges but as of yet no reply. I then tried FB sent a message to Mr N who read it but also failed to respond. So just now I tweeted the club and asked if i am banned?     GREAT PR  i must say.  

13 hours ago, Mikeyburnsey said:

If you do speak out, you get banned from the website , I have sent an email to PM about 10 days ago and tried to build bridges but as of yet no reply. I then tried FB sent a message to Mr N who read it but also failed to respond. So just now I tweeted the club and asked if i am banned?     GREAT PR  i must say.  

Why do you need to build bridges.?

You get treated like s££t,but you still want to crawl back.

Think the Club have made thinks very clear,as far as you are concerned.

• 2 weeks later...

After weeks of no real news on the sale of season tickets,it appears it has been a  pretty ordinary response.

To try and encourage more interest,the Club are now offering a 7 match ticket for £70,concessions are £50.

All this is really doing is now offering everyone the Supporters Club discount.

Looks like the Club would like to invest more into the average squad,and are trying to raise more funds.

1 hour ago, somersetspur said:

After weeks of no real news on the sale of season tickets,it appears it has been a  pretty ordinary response.

To try and encourage more interest,the Club are now offering a 7 match ticket for £70,concessions are £50.

All this is really doing is now offering everyone the Supporters Club discount.

Looks like the Club would like to invest more into the average squad,and are trying to raise more funds.

I personally think this is a cracking idea Dave. I already know someone who will be taking the club up on this offer.

1 hour ago, Jacob-Englefield said:

I'm not getting one Dave. I don't have the time! Good job you reminded me. Let me know what I need to do to sign up again this season!

As an exsisting member Jacob,you dont need to do anything.Just pay your membership fee,before 15th August,and its all automatically done for you.

• 3 weeks later...