Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City,season tickets.

On 2017-5-18 at 15:23, somersetspur said:

Truro City are offering a season ticket for £210:00 Supporters Club members £190:00.

Concession season ticket is £168:00.Supporters Club members £148:00.

Wealdstone ,who are in Truro League,are currently offering their season tickets at £99:00.

Are Truro City's good value,and would you buy one.

I wont.

£99 is cheap but cost you over £100 to travel up and back for home games tho won't it

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a shame that even season tickets can divide opinion amongst TFC fans , I can see both sides revenue towards new signings or not supporting the owner  with the way the club is run/ managed , I take my hat of to you guys that follow their team on long away trips it costs time and hard earned cash to do this and you have every right to be dischanted with your club with all the off field problems , it's just a shame the owners and supporters can't come together and sort out some of the difference's between both sides  and have a clear vision where the club is going and how it can be funded . Just don't forget the fans without them there is no club .

19 minutes ago, stevieb said:

It is a shame that even season tickets can divide opinion amongst TFC fans , I can see both sides revenue towards new signings or not supporting the owner  with the way the club is run/ managed , I take my hat of to you guys that follow their team on long away trips it costs time and hard earned cash to do this and you have every right to be dischanted with your club with all the off field problems , it's just a shame the owners and supporters can't come together and sort out some of the difference's between both sides  and have a clear vision where the club is going and how it can be funded . Just don't forget the fans without them there is no club .

Things dont seem to be getting any better.

The Official Supporters Club,have now had their ties severed from the Club.

They are now just a Supporters Club.Another strange decision by the Chairman.

3 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Things dont seem to be getting any better.

The Official Supporters Club,have now had their ties severed from the Club.

They are now just a Supporters Club.Another strange decision by the Chairman.

Perhaps they could merge with TISA  as you both seem to have problems with your chairman or does he like the support divided which takes the pressure away from him  .  

Very good point.

TISA have had informal talks with the Supporters Club chairman,and they are indeed the same as TISA,now .Independent.

Both parties would like to talk again,soon.

The Chairman likes to keep everyone at each other's throats,that way they cant get together,and form a formidable opposition,to what is going on.

But maybe,things are about to change.

3 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

Very good point.

TISA have had informal talks with the Supporters Club chairman,and they are indeed the same as TISA,now .Independent.

Both parties would like to talk again,soon.

The Chairman likes to keep everyone at each other's throats,that way they cant get together,and form a formidable opposition,to what is going on.

But maybe,things are about to change.

If the Supporters Club are independent why are they being offered a discount on Season Tickets? I presume you TISA boys aren't being offered the same deal?

How much does it cost to run Truro city FC for a month?

Selling a 100 full price season tickets at £210 would only bring in £21,000. Peanuts.

So I love it when people post "Buy your season ticket so the club can spend the money improving the side".

That £21,000 might pay one or two player's wages. Not much of a team building exercise using the whole annual takings from one fifth of the average home attendance!

Selling season tickets at this level has a small impact on a club's income but it does tie supporters to the club for the year.

34 minutes ago, Never-Pay-Never said:

If the Supporters Club are independent why are they being offered a discount on Season Tickets? I presume you TISA boys aren't being offered the same deal?

As I said the Chairman ,like s to see people at each others throats.

But you are right,as far as I am aware,TISA will get no Season Ticket discount.

3 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Selling a 100 full price season tickets at £210 would only bring in £21,000. Peanuts.

So I love it when people post "Buy your season ticket so the club can spend the money improving the side".

That £21,000 might pay one or two player's wages. Not much of a team building exercise using the whole annual takings from one fifth of the average home attendance!

Agree.

But if you fill your squad with short term loans,and non contract players,like last season,you are not losing a fortune.

With this way of doing things,gate's of around 400,just about keeps you financially stable without spending too much of your own cash.

Chuck into that a couple of big attendences and a Cup run,when you play teams like Forest Green,and it makes it even easier.

Mind you ,getting 400 plus for all games is the big ask.

Its not as bad as poor old Pete,tells it.

2 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

So what your really saying is that you don't know. 

No, what Im saying is I will tell you,to your face at the first Pre season game.

No I dont know the exact figures,but I can give you a rough idea.

Think you may be a little surprised.

If you believe what the Club says,why is one of the owners still putting this sort of money into the Club,when he has absolutley no interest in football or Truro City.

WHY.?????????????????????????

3 hours ago, somersetspur said:

No, what Im saying is I will tell you,to your face at the first Pre season game.

If you believe what the Club says,why is one of the owners still putting this sort of money into the Club,when he has absolutley no interest in football or Truro City.

Your sounding like Diane Abbott now

10 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Land is money.

On 2017-5-31 at 14:24, cornishteddyboy said:

A lot and that's it - Unfortunately there is not a club in Cornwall who could compete at Truro City's level without a minus balance at the seasons end.

Sponsors are needed and at larger numbers than those available.

The dust should be allowed to settle and the club look towards signing "good" players on two year contracts with a view of enhancing their careers and selling on to supplement the clubs finances, it has been reported many times that the ambition is to reach Football League Two, the fact is most of those League Two clubs do just that, sign em, improve em and sell em, strengthening the team season by season, building it's strength and then aim for a higher level. Some may say how can you advance when selling those better players but once that avenue for advancement is opened up more players some better than those already in the squad could be eager to join. Success has to be built and it takes time.

JUST A THOUGHT - With Isaac Vassell going to Luton Town gift wrapped by Santa Claus, I would have expected at least an offer from them to send their FIRST TEAM down to Treyew Road for a pre season friendly - A freebie in recognition of the work put in helping the lad get his career back on track, he was after-all a fans favourite. Contracted I imagine he would have been worth a lot of money (at our level in the region of £600,000).  

5 hours ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

A lot and that's it - Unfortunately there is not a club in Cornwall who could compete at Truro City's level without a minus balance at the seasons end.

Sponsors are needed and at larger numbers than those available.

The dust should be allowed to settle and the club look towards signing "good" players on two year contracts with a view of enhancing their careers and selling on to supplement the clubs finances, it has been reported many times that the ambition is to reach Football League Two, the fact is most of those League Two clubs do just that, sign em, improve em and sell em, strengthening the team season by season, building it's strength and then aim for a higher level. Some may say how can you advance when selling those better players but once that avenue for advancement is opened up more players some better than those already in the squad could be eager to join. Success has to be built and it takes time.

JUST A THOUGHT - With Isaac Vassell going to Luton Town gift wrapped by Santa Claus, I would have expected at least an offer from them to send their FIRST TEAM down to Treyew Road for a pre season friendly - A freebie in recognition of the work put in helping the lad get his career back on track, he was after-all a fans favourite. Contracted I imagine he would have been worth a lot of money (at our level in the region of £600,000).  

Agree the Club needs to be built on solid foundation's,that would consist of top quality PR,with a good Commercial Manager and team,to build TCFC's name.

The current owners are a million miles away from that situation.

Hence ,we find ourselves in the current situation.

Just as an outsider looking in to the constant TCFC bashing which is regularly posted on this forum; as locals, why don't we actually support our local club instead of constantly belittling it and slagging the people off behind the scenes who work tirelessly to keep things running?

All I see on these threads [all the time] is constant bitching about those involved in the club and the cost of things, the stadium, players, performances etc. Get behind the team! Imagine how the players and staff feel when they look on this forum and see so many keyboard warriors voicing their opinions? Instead of slagging them off, if it really pisses you off (primarily the finances at the club), go and do your bit. Run cake sales, charity events, sell a kidney... do something that will actually help and benefit Truro City. The amount of time people spend behind an alias on here, I bet the majority could spend the same amount of time making a quid or two for their local team.

Who cares how much the season tickets cost? £210 for the amount of games you will see when TC play at home is worth the money. As has already been eluded to, I bet the sales of season tickets doesn't even cover 5-10% of the annual expenditure at the club. People moan about player wages, if you want the better players, you have to pay the money. If you want to see the better players, you have to contribute.

Its Truro City, you won't see any Russian or Chinese billionaires coming down this way to invest (if that's what you want to call it) their pocket money in a club which is a number of leagues below the riches of the Premier League. You want a stadium yet you expect the money to just come out of someone's pocket... the club have to pay for it, which means the supporters, sponsors and the club have to contribute. Why would the sponsors/board/inverstors wantbto put their money into a club with such rubbish attitudes within their supporting ranks? It weren't that long ago TCFC were on the brink of crumbling until two people put their own hand in their pockets to bail the club out... yet now we expect to see a stadium owned by the club? Cloud cuckoo land!!!

Away clubs/fans must love viewing this forum to see how much bickering their is! I'd challenge someone to find a local football club playing at the same level that has as much bullshit being spouting about behind the scenes as Truro City.

Get behind your club if you want to see it succeed! If you don't want to see the club succeed, then go and find another one that you do.

Better yet, get out from behind your screen and do your bit to help your club succeed. Show them a bit of support. Let's just have a little bit of positivity, from all sides, for once! Imagine that!!!

1 hour ago, B_D said:

Just as an outsider looking in to the constant TCFC bashing which is regularly posted on this forum; as locals, why don't we actually support our local club instead of constantly belittling it and slagging the people off behind the scenes who work tirelessly to keep things running?

All I see on these threads [all the time] is constant bitching about those involved in the club and the cost of things, the stadium, players, performances etc. Get behind the team! Imagine how the players and staff feel when they look on this forum and see so many keyboard warriors voicing their opinions? Instead of slagging them off, if it really pisses you off (primarily the finances at the club), go and do your bit. Run cake sales, charity events, sell a kidney... do something that will actually help and benefit Truro City. The amount of time people spend behind an alias on here, I bet the majority could spend the same amount of time making a quid or two for their local team.

Who cares how much the season tickets cost? £210 for the amount of games you will see when TC play at home is worth the money. As has already been eluded to, I bet the sales of season tickets doesn't even cover 5-10% of the annual expenditure at the club. People moan about player wages, if you want the better players, you have to pay the money. If you want to see the better players, you have to contribute.

Its Truro City, you won't see any Russian or Chinese billionaires coming down this way to invest (if that's what you want to call it) their pocket money in a club which is a number of leagues below the riches of the Premier League. You want a stadium yet you expect the money to just come out of someone's pocket... the club have to pay for it, which means the supporters, sponsors and the club have to contribute. Why would the sponsors/board/inverstors wantbto put their money into a club with such rubbish attitudes within their supporting ranks? It weren't that long ago TCFC were on the brink of crumbling until two people put their own hand in their pockets to bail the club out... yet now we expect to see a stadium owned by the club? Cloud cuckoo land!!!

Away clubs/fans must love viewing this forum to see how much bickering their is! I'd challenge someone to find a local football club playing at the same level that has as much bullshit being spouting about behind the scenes as Truro City.

Get behind your club if you want to see it succeed! If you don't want to see the club succeed, then go and find another one that you do.

Better yet, get out from behind your screen and do your bit to help your club succeed. Show them a bit of support. Let's just have a little bit of positivity, from all sides, for once! Imagine that!!!

Agree with everything you have to say.. The only mistake you make, is, in presuming that the people that shout the loudest are  actually fans or supporters of TCFC.  They are in fact, bitter and grumpy old men, that are only happy when they're miserable.

41 minutes ago, djs said:

Except for the bit that says 'SO MANY keyboard warriors'. In fact there are only a VERY small number. It just looks more given his (oops, their) constant posting.

You may have a valid point there...

Look at a post from May in this part of the forum... TCFC were labelled as a "disgrace" for not having a celebratory event for the ten year anniversary of winning the FA Vase. AFC Wimbledon won the FA Cup in the late 80's... do they mark that event every one-ten year(s) with an anniversary event? No. Why would you? Yes it was a fantastic achievement in the clubs history, but if you really feel the need to celebrate a Cup victory from a decade ago, it says a lot about the club. It makes absolute sense that TCFC didn't stage some sort of celebration. 

The same person who wrote that often bitches about the finances at Truro, yet then expects them to shell out on an anniversary event?!? Where is the sense in that?!? 

I just don't get it!

I never usually visit this part of the forum (I prefer the lower echelon), yet when I do I find myself getting pretty frustrated with the constant barrage of abuse hurled towards the most successful Cornish Club in the history of Cornish football... I reiterate my point, if you want them to succeed as a fan, put your money in your pocket. Buy some merchandise, get yourself and the wife a season ticket, bake a cake, submit 50% of your annual income... just stop bitching about it on a bloody forum.

Football is a business. The Premier League teams are the Tesco's, the Google's, the Amazon's etc Truro City are like the True Trend, the Trago Mills, the Jims Cash & Carry....  If you want your local team to succeed, invest in them. 

Older, you know much more about the club than I do, I'm sure. I know diddly squat if I'm honest. I just find it disheartening to read so many negative comments about the highest ranked side in the County. 

Everything you say above revolves around finance... around money! You won't get investors at this level, at least significant investors at that. You have to make do. If the whole of Cornwall (and I mean the whole of Cornwall) got behind Truro, they could be up there playing in the Football league... but that means the fans paying out of their own pocket. People just aren't willing to do so. We expect success instantly; we expect success from nothing. 

If Truro were to succeed, they need the whole County behind them. They haven't got that. So, in my opinion, they have done well to stay in the league. You can only work with what you've got.

Again, I reiterate the point that I don't know much about the club itself. If I was to read (and believe) everything that I read about TCFC on this forum, I am sure it would be nowhere near a true reflection on the club itself.

I've lived in Cornwall for twenty years, I've played football in the County (started at 16) for the last 14. I've not once seen anything in the community about Truro City Football Club. There's one problem right there for them that I know of without looking in. More needs doing in the community and more certainly needs doing on a PR front. But, I speak of what I see and heal not what I know.

31 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Bust a gut to support a club who owe thousands, built on debt and don't have a ground, who could go to the wall in five minutes on a whim of others - no thanks.

You all go bake your cakes - I'll keep watching the shenanigans.

You've become an institution on this forum Older 'The Victor Meldrew of local football'. Long may you continue to provide me with endless amusement,

Never Dave. 

I made the point previously, saying that I am not a TCFC supporter. I play/ref on Saturday and have far too many commitments during the week. That is why you very rarely see me comment/view these threads. I've have very rarely had any input on this forum regarding TCFC. 

I made the point earlier on in the thread saying that I am an outsider, looking in. I still stand by that comment; to that end I'm not sure what you are getting at exactly?

My comments are based on my opinion from what I see on this forum; not what I know from external sources. I do however plan to visit the ground next season when I get the chance. But with work commitments (deployments), playing/reffing, league stuff etc, I doubt I will have any time.

2 hours ago, B_D said:

You may have a valid point there...

Look at a post from May in this part of the forum... TCFC were labelled as a "disgrace" for not having a celebratory event for the ten year anniversary of winning the FA Vase. AFC Wimbledon won the FA Cup in the late 80's... do they mark that event every one-ten year(s) with an anniversary event? No. Why would you? Yes it was a fantastic achievement in the clubs history, but if you really feel the need to celebrate a Cup victory from a decade ago, it says a lot about the club. It makes absolute sense that TCFC didn't stage some sort of celebration. 

The same person who wrote that often bitches about the finances at Truro, yet then expects them to shell out on an anniversary event?!? Where is the sense in that?!? 

I just don't get it!

I never usually visit this part of the forum (I prefer the lower echelon), yet when I do I find myself getting pretty frustrated with the constant barrage of abuse hurled towards the most successful Cornish Club in the history of Cornish football... I reiterate my point, if you want them to succeed as a fan, put your money in your pocket. Buy some merchandise, get yourself and the wife a season ticket, bake a cake, submit 50% of your annual income... just stop bitching about it on a bloody forum.

Football is a business. The Premier League teams are the Tesco's, the Google's, the Amazon's etc Truro City are like the True Trend, the Trago Mills, the Jims Cash & Carry....  If you want your local team to succeed, invest in them. 

AFC Wimbledon did not win the FA Cup in 1988, in fact they never have. They weren't even around at the time. The Wimbledon team that did win the FA Cup moved lock stock and barrel to Milton Keynes and the Dons part of their name is the only link to their past. The replica of the trophy was given to AFC Wimbledon but the club formed in 2002 have never set the competition alight.

Truro may be playing at the highest level a Cornish club ever has but I wouldn't say they are the most successful club in the history of Cornish football.

13 minutes ago, Willow Tree said:

AFC Wimbledon did not win the FA Cup in 1988, in fact they never have. They weren't even around at the time. The Wimbledon team that did win the FA Cup moved lock stock and barrel to Milton Keynes and the Dons part of their name is the only link to their past. The replica of the trophy was given to AFC Wimbledon but the club formed in 2002 have never set the competition alight.

Truro may be playing at the highest level a Cornish club ever has but I wouldn't say they are the most successful club in the history of Cornish football.

I googled that (obviously). My football knowledge is obviously as bad as my FA Cup winners history. I knew that a "Wimbledon" side won it.

Who would you say is the most successful club in Cornish history?!?

18 minutes ago, B_D said:

I googled that (obviously). My football knowledge is obviously as bad as my FA Cup winners history. I knew that a "Wimbledon" side won it.

Who would you say is the most successful club in Cornish history?!?

Falmouth will always be the yardstick to my generation .....and they've had to sell their ground as well when trying to stay at the top level.

7 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Falmouth will always be the yardstick to my generation .....and they've had to sell their ground as well when trying to stay at the top level.

When I talk about success, I talk about the leagues in which the teams have played in. Have Falmouth played at a standard above the current Truro side? Maybe success is the wrong word, as one might say that a club with 100 Cup wins in the SWPL is more successful than a National league South side with 80 cup wins (if that makes sense). Genuine question btw, I don't know the answer to that. 

1 hour ago, B_D said:

Never Dave.  

I asked out of curiosity because I am always amazed that Truro don't achieve bigger gates at evening games.

I say this because the club is playing at a high enough national league Step level that should attract football followers, but for various reasons (admittedly work commitment is one sometimes given) the club midweek attendances are no better than a Saturday when everyone are involved in their own club in the county. There are a lot of teams playing on a Saturday afternoon!

I work every other evening :( The other days I have spare, I'm either at meetings, training, at games of my own or looking after my daughter (because my other half is at work) etc. I'm just too busy.

I am looking at seeing some of their pre-season games, I've also got a long leave period in which I hope to go and watch a game or two. 

The thing is, TCFC aren't going to make millions on the gates. What surprises me, I have no idea what their kit looks like. I know they play in white, that's about it. I have a vague idea what their badge looks like, it has bits of red in. The point I'm making is that I don't see many people walking around with club merchandise, I see nothing in the community regarding the club. I'm on a league committee but have never heard of our local big club wanting to get involved with community football. For me (again, an outsider with not a lot of knowledge on the club), I believe PR and media play a huge part in boosting reputations (it can also shatter them). I've been on the clubs Facebook page - very few updates ever posted on there. Nothing about their season tickets, upcoming friendlies etc. They've only had a small number of reviews... Is this an official page? The point I'm making, look at the Facebook page I administrate for the Trelawny League. It's been going less than a year, we have more people tha "like" our page, more people interacting with it and much more regular updates. This plays a huge part.

Anyway, I didn't come on here to pick faults in the club and talk about something I know nothing about. I just find it a little disheartening to see so much negativity on here towards the club, pretty much every day.

Dave's right. Truro have no pull for potential new supporters. I rarely see games advertised, their chairman just seems interested in slagging off a group of supporters on social media - not enough goes into the media side of it. I'm constantly trying to plug matches on twitter, Facebook etc and we are in a field in the middle of nowhere. I don't see anything from Truro. 

How they run without a reserve of youth team is beyond me too! Surely to progress and gain stability they would need some kind of development in place? How do amateur teams up and down the County run a full supplement of youth football and many men's teams yet the top team in Cornwall can not? What a way that would be of gaining new supporters as well as potentially mold future first team players. 

I know most players are part time - but in my opinion they should be out getting into schools, coaching and many other things - similar to what the Cornish Pirates do. 

I'd love to see Truro progress. I love the idea of a professional team in Cornwall. It could go a long way in smashing the glass ceiling us Cornish folk often put over ourselves and it gives the youth a realistic target to aim for. 

All the problems spoken about regarding,Truro City not being part of the community,having poor PR,and not having a Commercial manager,are because of one thing.

Chuck in the Reserve team ,youth set up's and Ladies team all being dumped by the Club,and you have the problems that surround this whole shambles.

52 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

All the problems spoken about regarding,Truro City not being part of the community,having poor PR,and not having a Commercial manager,are because of one thing.

Chuck in the Reserve team ,youth set up's and Ladies team all being dumped by the Club,and you have the problems that surround this whole shambles.

Such a shame - as Cornwall's senior team they should be breaking down walls, setting benchmarks and being a model for the rest of us to follow and to aspire to. 

1 hour ago, WendronOfficial said:

Such a shame - as Cornwall's senior team they should be breaking down walls, setting benchmarks and being a model for the rest of us to follow and to aspire to. 

Add to that a Social Club and Clubhouse,that is only opened for a couple of hours on a match day.

To think what that place used to be like.

SHAMBLES.

7 hours ago, somersetspur said:

According to 'contact the club' info Colin Bradbury is still the Press Officer which I would think also covers PR. however the position of Commercial Manager isn't as easy as many think, to sell the image sponsors 'require to invest' you first have to have an image to project. - We don't appear to have a commercial manager at this time - A start has to be made to build the clubs image but that has been tried, unfortunately for every step forward we appear to take two back. - 10 years or so ago the club had an army of volunteers but a succession of rebuffs has left them disillusioned, a mixture of supporters and administrators, the type of people every club needs. so what do we get?  we get B_D coming on here admitting he has no knowledge of the events leading to rifts within the club, if he did and was himself a victim he too would join the MOANERS he criticises. B_D's postings only act to fan the flames, perhaps he should award himself a red card,:SM_carton: Offside Ref.:)

The sooner that those involved in Truro football club realise that very few, if any, people living outside of Truro are remotely interested in watching them the better. Cornwall is a parochial county and people only support their own town or village. Lovely idea that we shall feel compelled to watch them but should we all go and watch Truro cricket as well just because they are the biggest team in Cornwall? Not interested watching Ebbsfleet or any other non  league team let alone pay more than a tenner for the privilege 

10 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

No,a bit further back than that.When Steve Massey was manager the first time,with players like Kirkup,Tallon,Tabb,etc.

As I said above Truro City had an 'army' of volunteers

Many of those were trained to NVQ standard for Crowd Control etc.