Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City,season tickets.

Truro City are offering a season ticket for £210:00 Supporters Club members £190:00.

Concession season ticket is £168:00.Supporters Club members £148:00.

Wealdstone ,who are in Truro League,are currently offering their season tickets at £99:00.

Are Truro City's good value,and would you buy one.

I wont.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, somersetspur said:

For an extra £60,you could watch Conference football at Ebbsfleet.

£270,good value for that grade of football.?

Ah but buy a Truro City season ticket and you may get a red and black scarf thrown in.:thumbsup:

I have never criticised the price of season tickets when supporting MY club, I want them to do well and for success I expect to pay towards it, not continually expecting others to pay for my enjoyment. So it costs more to follow Truro City with the expenditure for travelling great distances competing in the standard of football OUR team competes, add to that the need to pay players of a higher standard more, at the end of the day it comes down to choice pay National League admission prices or realign preference for football in the SW Peninsula Leagues. Wealdstone raise their prices after May 31st the £99 becomes £149.

When clubs sit down (like most businesses} there is a need to come up with a business plan, it's called survival, I've mentioned before the whingeing of most clubs having to travel the vast distance to Truro ONCE a season, some clubs have gone on record to state the trip to Cornwall wipes out their surplus cash for the season, Truro have that expenditure every other game so finance plays a vital role towards the clubs success. I think to quote Wealdstone a little bit selective bearing in mind they have the second least distance to cover per game for the round trip of 158 miles.

With the leagues top two best supported teams promoted I select DARTFORD who came 3rd in the league and 3rd for attendances (998 per game) Truro 402 AND THE LEAST MILES PER GAME (156) Truro 531 for my quotation.

DARTFORD Adult Admission £14 Concessions (65 years) 

DARTFORD Adult Season Ticket £250 E/bird £220

So the best supported team in National League South next season with the least mileage per away games playing in a stadium provided for them by the local Conservative council charge a great deal more than Truro City despite the disadvantage we are at. I liked some of the Carry on films but "Carry on Moaning" is a bit tedious.

Want good class football then Pay for it, that's the only way.

8 minutes ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

I have never criticised the price of season tickets when supporting MY club, I want them to do well and for success I expect to pay towards it, not continually expecting others to pay for my enjoyment. So it costs more to follow Truro City with the expenditure for travelling great distances competing in the standard of football OUR team competes, add to that the need to pay players of a higher standard more, at the end of the day it comes down to choice pay National League admission prices or realign preference for football in the SW Peninsula Leagues. Wealdstone raise their prices after May 31st the £99 becomes £149.

When clubs sit down (like most businesses} there is a need to come up with a business plan, it's called survival, I've mentioned before the whingeing of most clubs having to travel the vast distance to Truro ONCE a season, some clubs have gone on record to state the trip to Cornwall wipes out their surplus cash for the season, Truro have that expenditure every other game so finance plays a vital role towards the clubs success. I think to quote Wealdstone a little bit selective bearing in mind they have the second least distance to cover per game for the round trip of 158 miles.

With the leagues top two best supported teams promoted I select DARTFORD who came 3rd in the league and 3rd for attendances (998 per game) Truro 402 AND THE LEAST MILES PER GAME (156) Truro 531 for my quotation.

DARTFORD Adult Admission £14 Concessions (65 years) 

DARTFORD Adult Season Ticket £250 E/bird £220

So the best supported team in National League South next season with the least mileage per away games playing in a stadium provided for them by the local Conservative council charge a great deal more than Truro City despite the disadvantage we are at. I liked some of the Carry on films but "Carry on Moaning" is a bit tedious.

Want good class football then Pay for it, that's the only way.

So are you going to support Pete Masters,and buy one to support the Club.

You obviously think City's is good value,and thats what the thread has asked.

You could ask yourself that question David being LOCAL

On a pension and living 272 miles from Treyew Road costing around £70 rail fare a season ticket would be foolhardy as it costs me £50 plus just to attend away games unlike  you TISA lads who have enough local members to share the expenditure, when I use to come down the early booking ticket was useful until so many games were postponed and with no early purchased rail ticket fares refund I lost about £250 in one season. Last season I did a tiny little small amount of spiking the flooded areas on the pitch.

Before and since new ownership I have made donations to the club but not this past season following the Maidstone incident. however if there was a weekly/monthly fund raising initiative I would consider being part of it.

Something you could try, instead of posting club negatives raise a smile and come up with some ideas to help the club, as you are aware I suggested to help people afford their season tickets by introducing a staggered payment plan for them via DIRECT DEBIT or STANDING ORDER.

Think back to the last time season tickets were discussed you were airing the same complaint, at that time I posted about a bank that was used by many Football League clubs, they paid the club in full up front and paid the interest and the season ticket holder paid no interest just the actual Season ticket cost by instalments, I think the season ticket idea was withdrawn so no need to investigate that initiative.

Surely the value is in the social aspect of attending the game and team performance but YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR and if the cards are stacked against you as in Truro's case (my previous posting) there could be a need to address that adversity by charging a little more but Truro are asking for less than arguably the leagues best supported and structured club.

Encourage your mates to get in the club house a couple of hours early before games could help finances :drink:

Lace up your corsets and support the club.

Dave, As for value, I am having a good day.:thumbsup:

y

1 hour ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

You could ask yourself that question David being LOCAL

On a pension and living 272 miles from Treyew Road costing around £70 rail fare a season ticket would be foolhardy as it costs me £50 plus just to attend away games unlike  you TISA lads who have enough local members to share the expenditure, when I use to come down the early booking ticket was useful until so many games were postponed and with no early purchased rail ticket fares refund I lost about £250 in one season. Last season I did a tiny little small amount of spiking the flooded areas on the pitch.

Before and since new ownership I have made donations to the club but not this past season following the Maidstone incident. however if there was a weekly/monthly fund raising initiative I would consider being part of it.

Something you could try, instead of posting club negatives raise a smile and come up with some ideas to help the club, as you are aware I suggested to help people afford their season tickets by introducing a staggered payment plan for them via DIRECT DEBIT or STANDING ORDER.

Think back to the last time season tickets were discussed you were airing the same complaint, at that time I posted about a bank that was used by many Football League clubs, they paid the club in full up front and paid the interest and the season ticket holder paid no interest just the actual Season ticket cost by instalments, I think the season ticket idea was withdrawn so no need to investigate that initiative.

Surely the value is in the social aspect of attending the game and team performance but YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR and if the cards are stacked against you as in Truro's case (my previous posting) there could be a need to address that adversity by charging a little more but Truro are asking for less than arguably the leagues best supported and structured club.

Encourage your mates to get in the club house a couple of hours early before games could help finances :drink:

Lace up your corsets and support the club.

Dave, As for value, I am having a good day.:thumbsup:

Im afraid you are spouting rubbish,as far as I am concerned.

As long as Masters is at the helm,you wont see me supporting ,HIM. You know my history.

This rubbish Masters is threatening you all with season-tickets,sums him up.

Its up to the supporters,what sort of squad we get.The more that are sold ,the better team we will have.Masters at his best.

You know very well where TISA drink before games and will continue to do so.

Many a good pre match drink have been had there,with our visiting friends,who turn up in large number's like Corby and Wealdstone.

Here's a little money making idea.Open the bloody Club house ,other than match day and try and create a social scene.

Ahhhhh ,no cant do that.Could affect trade in Bunters.

I say instead of running around saving newspaper's,maybe he should put TCFC ,first.

By your posting's ,it look like you have fell off the fence,and landed on the wrong side.

y

£210 for the number of games in this league would have to be considered as very reasonable, every SWPL game if £5. Whether that constitutes 'good value' is very much a matter of opinion, based on whether you support TCFC or not.

I would love to support the 'senior' team in the County, however to sack a successful manager in Steve Tully, to have so many players on loan, very limited local players, no Reserve Team and no youth policy - let alone the amount of venom that appears to exist between groups of supporters and the club coupled with the tainted financial history - in answer to the question posed - I won't be paying £210.

Come on Dave talking of fences there are times you appear to have one ball either side of the fence, which one do we kick first  :)

Just thinking, before computers your newspaper response would be consigned to tomorrows wrapping for fish and chips you didn't even give me a "Like".:c:

Teams rely on season ticket sales especially early bird ones, that way they can afford the players those sales support BEFORE and during early season games, if this wasn't the case teams including Tottenham Hotspur (yes I am still a Spurs member) wouldn't be so keen  on them, never mind with a 22000 waiting list there shouldn't be a problem accommodating them at Wembley.

Sorry but without support the team decays, with support there is strength that could become attractive to possible investors and sponsors. 

As St Darren often says "Only here for the fun", glad I don't walk around with my eyes shut.:ninja: Better times lie ahead. See you soon (Boat trip could be one time).

How does anyone buy a season ticket anyway? All I can see on the website is the price information.

SEASON-TICKET PRICES: Adults: £210 (£190 for Supporters Club members), Concession (over 65): £168 (£148 for Supporters Club members), Under 18s & full-time students: £80 (£50 for Supporters Club members).

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

How does anyone buy a season ticket anyway? All I can see on the website is the price information.

SEASON-TICKET PRICES: Adults: £210 (£190 for Supporters Club members), Concession (over 65): £168 (£148 for Supporters Club members), Under 18s & full-time students: £80 (£50 for Supporters Club members).

That is a great point,St Darren,all you have is Masters word,on where the money is going.

How much of the price goes towards the cost of moving to the new stadium? I have no idea what the price of the club's season tickets were last season. As soon as the move has taken place, I expect the cost to increase. 

I take on board the points raised by Mountaineer. A substantial income from early sale of season tickets can only be a good thing. Would be good to know sooner than later which new players are coming in. All I know so far is the return of Ben Gerring. 

52 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

That is a great point,St Darren,all you have is Masters word,on where the money is going.

David, It is common knowledge clubs showing a profit are a dying breed, endangered as they are we are privileged to be enjoying those that survive, as fans we should act more towards being supporters, I like many accept the money goes in that bottomless pit of losses to aid the clubs survival. There have been a number of things I have not been happy with but for the club to survive this long since administration takes a lot of skill and negotiation so money wise I am happy for the survival.

53 minutes ago, PzFan said:

How much of the price goes towards the cost of moving to the new stadium? I have no idea what the price of the club's season tickets were last season. As soon as the move has taken place, I expect the cost to increase. 

I take on board the points raised by Mountaineer. A substantial income from early sale of season tickets can only be a good thing. Would be good to know sooner than later which new players are coming in. All I know so far is the return of Ben Gerring. 

No new players yet,just River Allen,Ben Gerring,Rocky Neal and Cody Cooke have signed for this season.

There were no season tickets,last season,due to the lack of interest.

7 minutes ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

David, It is common knowledge clubs showing a profit are a dying breed, endangered as they are we are privileged to be enjoying those that survive, as fans we should act more towards being supporters, I like many accept the money goes in that bottomless pit of losses to aid the clubs survival. There have been a number of things I have not been happy with but for the club to survive this long since administration takes a lot of skill and negotiation so money wise I am happy for the survival.

Thank god for Helical Bar,then.

4 hours ago, St Darren said:

Contact Russell Keeble. I'd be wanting to see bank details of where it is going. 

I would have thought a club of the stature of TCFC would have had a bit more of a formal process rather than contacting an individual on a private email address

Hence my question too. Have to agree with St Darren

Somersetspur wrote There were no season tickets,last season,due to the lack of interest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David there was some interest but if you remember it was not certain the club could complete their fixtures at Treyew Road and as I heard it the decision was made not to have them, having said that I think in Cornwall it could be difficult to sell season tickets in the numbers required without a payment plan.

16 hours ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Come on Dave talking of fences there are times you appear to have one ball either side of the fence, which one do we kick first  :)

Just thinking, before computers your newspaper response would be consigned to tomorrows wrapping for fish and chips you didn't even give me a "Like".:c:

Teams rely on season ticket sales especially early bird ones, that way they can afford the players those sales support BEFORE and during early season games, if this wasn't the case teams including Tottenham Hotspur (yes I am still a Spurs member) wouldn't be so keen  on them, never mind with a 22000 waiting list there shouldn't be a problem accommodating them at Wembley.

Sorry but without support the team decays, with support there is strength that could become attractive to possible investors and sponsors. 

As St Darren often says "Only here for the fun", glad I don't walk around with my eyes shut.:ninja: Better times lie ahead. See you soon (Boat trip could be one time).

Sounds painful to me Ivor poor old Dave having his balls on different sides of the fence. Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

1 hour ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Somersetspur wrote There were no season tickets,last season,due to the lack of interest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David there was some interest but if you remember it was not certain the club could complete their fixtures at Treyew Road and as I heard it the decision was made not to have them, having said that I think in Cornwall it could be difficult to sell season tickets in the numbers required without a payment plan.

Make up your mind.One thread you say Season Tickets are essential for the Club finances.

Then you come up with this post,which is full of the Clubs excuse's not to have season tickets.

TCFC wasnt sure they would fulfill their fixtures at Treyew Rd.??????????????????????? Absolute rubbish.

Masters done a deal to stay there for the season,he told us enough times,how hard he had been working around the clock,to do the deal.

Truth is,there was hardly any interest,and the printing cost's of the tickets,outweighed the demand for tickets.

But the Club could'nt say that ,could they.

Plus St Darren raises a excellent point,about where your season ticket money is going.No banking detail's ,just some ones E.Mail address.

Not for me.

All monies will be done either by cheque made out to Truro City Football Club or by debit/credit card using the clubs pdq machine. I am NOT collecting money and take exception to the implication made. What the Club does with the money will be to further the Club. If you have no other task in life but to be harpies of doom and gloom then that's an issue with you. If you are supporters of the Club then get behind the Club and Team and want the best for them.

In response to how to get Season Tickets then contact via enail me (russellkeeble@yahoo.co.uk) or the Club and give your details or post in the form attached.

001.jpg

56 minutes ago, St Darren said:

Perhaps give that information out at the beginning to prevent any other issues. 

Still can't believe the club aren't dealing with it themselves officially though

Yes but do they know how to do things "officially" from an outsiders point of view they always seem to mess it up

Just so you know, this is "Official". We are a small Club staff wise so everybody who cares mucks in and does what they are best at. In most of your cases that is bellyaching, picking holes and acting like old women. You have only to see the photos on Facebook of Supporters putting in time and effort at the ground. If you can get off your high horses you could come down and help!!

@yahoo.co.uk doesn't sound official to me. 

I appreciate that that is the way it is but it could help tcfc if it appeared more professional. It wouldn't be hard to do

Theres lots of little things the club could do to help its image but unfortunately the owners aren't willing to take advice

8 hours ago, St Darren said:

@yahoo.co.uk doesn't sound official to me. 

I appreciate that that is the way it is but it could help tcfc if it appeared more professional. It wouldn't be hard to do

Theres lots of little things the club could do to help its image but unfortunately the owners aren't willing to take advice

I can see the advert now: St Darren's advice : 100% guaranteed or your money back. Could be very lucrative for you! ?

6 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Russell Keeble reports Season ticket sales are good,and supporters are delighted with the signings ,so far.

Do the supporters inform Russell,about the signings,on the bottom of the Season Ticket application form.????????

No, but I have talked to them direct. They are all positive about the future for TCFC, unlike some of the doom and gloom merchants on this forum.

21 minutes ago, russellkeeble said:

No, but I have talked to them direct. They are all positive about the future for TCFC, unlike some of the doom and gloom merchants on this forum.

You call us doom and gloom.

Realistic is what I would call it.

Even though we are in early summer,unless the Club and Lee pull some rabbits out the bag,I can only see things ,very similar to last season.

I do believe I mentioned a bet along the same lines as last season.

Even this early I will predict TCFC will finish in the lower half of the League,and no where near the play offs.

Dont know if you fancy backing your optimism.

9 hours ago, somersetspur said:

So after all your moaning,are you all of a sudden,satisfied.?

Where have I been moaning? You do enough for both of us.      

I have yet to see anything to excite the locals  a bit of same as.

You too should see why I think season ticket sales are vital.

For the football on offer I think a £168 season ticket is where 

I would have priced them. Sales provide the funds for new signings.

16 minutes ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Where have I been moaning? You do enough for both of us.      

I have yet to see anything to excite the locals  a bit of same as.

You too should see why I think season ticket sales are vital.

For the football on offer I think a £168 season ticket is where 

I would have priced them. Sales provide the funds for new signings.

Dear Ivor,I have spent many a hour at away games in the pre match beverage session,over the last season listening to you slag the Club off,because of what has been going on.

I speak my mind,I tell it in pub, and I tell it on Social media,if it is labelled moaning or what ever,thats up to you people.

But i tell you something,a lot of my moaning and groaning,dont end up to far from what actually happens.

On 2017-5-24 at 21:30, somersetspur said:

Dear Ivor,I have spent many a hour at away games in the pre match beverage session,over the last season listening to you slag the Club off,because of what has been going on.

I speak my mind,I tell it in pub, and I tell it on Social media,if it is labelled moaning or what ever,thats up to you people.

But i tell you something,a lot of my moaning and groaning,dont end up to far from what actually happens.

Oh dear here we go Dave's usual RUBBISH - if that's the best defence you have we are staring relegation head-on.

On those away trips you and I rarely spend much time talking, as you are aware we say hello exchange a few pleasantries and spend most of our time with those we travelled to the game with, you also know my disagreement centres around what happened at Maidstone and there being no apology, also the rift between supporters and club or vice versa not helped by some poor PR. Oops I almost forgot in the EXCITEMENT and our banning for anything on the TCFC media go round.

DON'T WORRY - there will be quite a number of times I shall be away on my football travels with 4 trips already booked to watch England I booked the last one to Vilnius for the game in October this morning, that follows the Malta trip in September so that must make you feel better.The silence should be deafening.

7 hours ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Oh dear here we go Dave's usual RUBBISH - if that's the best defence you have we are staring relegation head-on.

On those away trips you and I rarely spend much time talking, as you are aware we say hello exchange a few pleasantries and spend most of our time with those we travelled to the game with, you also know my disagreement centres around what happened at Maidstone and there being no apology, also the rift between supporters and club or vice versa not helped by some poor PR. Oops I almost forgot in the EXCITEMENT and our banning for anything on the TCFC media go round.

DON'T WORRY - there will be quite a number of times I shall be away on my football travels with 4 trips already booked to watch England I booked the last one to Vilnius for the game in October this morning, that follows the Malta trip in September so that must make you feel better.The silence should be deafening.

OK Ivor,have it your way.You never speak to me about Truro City.

And I speak rubbish.