Cornwall Football Forum

FA Pilot Mixed Gender match this Sunday Enys Parc St Agnes 3pm ko

Hi Keith 

Thank you for your comment. 

I guess the point to the FA pilot is to see whether it works or not. I will feed your comments back to Brunel University and the FA who are monitoring this and 6 other pilots across the country. 

We are intending to enjoy today's fixture and if it opens the way for more players to play football in a different format maybe that could be a good thing?

I would really value your full thoughts so please send them over on an email bolsterpaper@gmail.com

Thank you

Mandy

Aggie maid it was an excellent game played in good spirits. As mixed football can now be played up to Under 18s it would seem the natural progression to allow men and women to play on the same team. The game gave the ladies the opportunity to showcase their talent and I certainly didn't see any evidence of the men on the field today "tippy toeing" around anyone!

2 hours ago, Smudge said:

Aggie maid it was an excellent game played in good spirits. As mixed football can now be played up to Under 18s it would seem the natural progression to allow men and women to play on the same team. The game gave the ladies the opportunity to showcase their talent and I certainly didn't see any evidence of the men on the field today "tippy toeing" around anyone!

Of course they did (!)

Thank you to everyone who supported today's Charity Fixture at St Agnes AFC.
I cannot begin to express how proud i am of what we achieved today on the pitch as part of the FA Pilot into Mixed Gender Football and off the pitch! We raised approaching £700 to be split between two Cornish Charities Penhaligon's Friends (supporting bereaved children) and the Merlin MS Centre! 
Amazing stuff! Thank you to players, officials and everyone who supported and donated in every way!

was a great day and game , the ladys that played were very good plays and showed us how good they are . the club should be proud of what they did . thank you for letting me be part of it . anyone that thinks different needs to open there eyes on how far ladys football has come on over the years

Of the games I've reffed this season, I've seen some blinding football being played by women. Some absolutely fantastic goals scored also. I believe they play better football than most of the teams at our level. The passing and the moving, the build up play from defence to attack often puts the football I regularly play/officiate to shame. They play training ground football, as do youth.

That said, I do have to agree with @Keith B in the sense that I don't believe that men and women being in the same team would be competitive (on a physical basis). I certainly wouldn't put in a challenge on a woman like I would a male. I can see where he is coming from. 

A huge well done to Mandy and St Agnes, aswell as Cornwall FA for their hard work.