Cornwall Football Forum

St Cleer vs Holywell Bay/Cubert (Duchy 2)

St Cleer maintained their 100% record in Duchy Division 2, making it eleven wins out of eleven, with a 2-1 victory against nearest rivals Holywell Bay/Cubert.

Saints took the lead on twenty five minutes with a well struck free kick from captain Lee Collins. Holywell Bay came back into the match early in the second half with a strike from Chad Gibson. St Cleer recovered from this set back and took all three points with a well worked team move which resulted in a cool finish from Martin Jackson.

This was a well contested match between two teams who will both surely be in the promotion race at the end of the season.

Good point Peter,as an ex player and manager myself it is good to see both sides of the game and it does help with the communication side of Reffing.

I remember back in my playing days in Leicester there was twins,who were both ex players and Refs,in there spare time they were a tag team on the wrestling circuit and their wit and put downs on the pitch to players were fantastic and nobody ever had a moan at them on the pitch or off. ;0) :clapper: