Mortgage Advice Bureau ECPL Fixtures Wednesday 10th May

Premier Division

Liskeard Athletic 0 St Austell 5

Pensilva 1 St Dominick 2

Polperro 1 Callington Town 3

Tavistock v Saltash United

Division One

Roche 0 Elburton Villa 1

Some cracking matches tonight.  If Liskeard get at least a point against St Austell they will avoid relegation - a defeat and they are down as Launceston have a superior goal difference.

St Dominick and Callington Town are still fighting it out for second place.  If St Dominick win at Pensilva and Callington draw or lose then St Dominick will finish second due to a better goal difference going into their final matches.  If St Dominick draw and Callington win then Callington will need to win their final match at home to Tavistock to come second. If both lose tonight then it is all up to their last games on Saturday Polperro v St Dominick and Callington v Tavistock.  Wow what an end to the season   

FT Roche 0 v 1 Elburton Villa (Nathan Francis)

Why would Liskeard or Launceston be relegated?

I understand 2 go down but Edgcumbe were in the league at AGM and pulled out after. That means only 1 should be relegated (St T) as Edgcumbe were officially the 16th team!

Had it before in SWPL when Dartmouth pulled out after AGM but before season started. Also Elmore pulled out during season. Only one went down on both occasions as both were classed as the other bottom team through default!

Why has Penzance been saved this season.... cause Tiverton have withdrawn! 

To relegate Liskeard or Launceston in my view would be incorrect.

Sorry Nick.  Vospers Oak Villa are dropping down from the SWPL.  This means the division will have 16 teams so 2 teams will go down.  Liskeard and St Teath.  It would appear that the league rules clearly state THE BOTTOM TWO ARE RELEGATED.  i would suggest someone puts forward a rule change.  Something like - if the division has its full compliment of 16 teams then the bottom two are relegated.  If only 15 teams then just one team to be relegated.  If there are 14 teams or less then NO team should be relegated.  .   

Following on.  There are two teams in the Premier Division who have given advance notice of withdrawal.  So getting a rule change is imperative.  So get to work you secretary's.and put forward a rule change   

So launceston are saved on goal difference, good job they had 4 0-0 losses this year otherwise it may have been different! I think it's shocking that a club who can't even get 11 together on numerous occasions stay in the league when a side who plays every game goes down. 

Promotion and relegation should get sorted first and then teams are discussed regarding entry to make 32.

As long as the league don't exceed its constitution of 32 then it doesn't matter if it's 16 in both divisions or 17 in Prem (due to VoV drop) and 15 in Div One.

I think this is the first time I know of any team dropping into the league from above?

I agree interesting SGM due soon. You can probably tell what I believe should happen! 

Im unaware of any expressions of withdrawal as we haven't had a meeting yet but agree that could also change the look on things.

Looks like no one will be relegated then. Liskeard and launceston finished bottom 2 last year (I think) and didn't get relegated due to numbers being short. So if 2 teams are dropping out, they'll be no need for relegation. Exactly the same as last season...

Number 13 if 2 teams do drop out from the league who are currently in the Premier then I would agree that any team in a relegation position would then receive a reprieve.

That would leave 13 teams, add VoV, Parkway & ???? making 16.

Any shortage in Div One then gets filled by new clubs.

Def ECPL.  Vospers Confirmed this today.  I will say it till I am blue in the face.  SOMEBODY MUST REQUEST A RULE CHANGE.  You can talk about precedents all you like but unless you change the rule then the league will just apply the current rule.  So come on TALK TO EACH OTHER.     . . 

Dave, you keep repeating yourself - no rule change was needed last year, so why would this year be different? We were at the meetings and saw first hand the precedent being set. You can't allow something last year and then say it's not right this year! The member clubs will have their say. 

1 hour ago, rob brown said:

So launceston are saved on goal difference, good job they had 4 0-0 losses this year otherwise it may have been different! I think it's shocking that a club who can't even get 11 together on numerous occasions stay in the league when a side who plays every game goes down. 

Agree, again something to be questioned as in SWPL they would also have been deducted 3 points every game and fined heavily.

4 times in one season in other leagues would pose a discussion between league officials or even instant expulsion.

Trust me I don't know the league rules off hand but the above scenario isn't the best for any league to have!

Forget precedents because that can be changed at every AGM.  If you don't have a rule change then you must accept whatever the league decide on the day.  A rule change will nullify all that.  I keep banging on but the only way to make it air tight is to change the rules if not this problem can come up time and time again and we will end up with the same discussion.  As far as Launceston are concerned I fully understand your reasoning.  Unfortunately this season is now finished but as I understand it there may be a rule change which would result in 3 points being deducted for non playing of a fixture.  This would solve that problem as well..  

Everything has to be in black and white so that there is no ambiguity.  That is what rules are for.  It is just like in a court of law.  if it is in black and white there is no argument.   So come on forget precedents CHANGE THE RULES.  You have the power to do that.  

On 5/8/2017 at 10:09, ECPL said:

Mortgage Advice Bureau ECPL Fixtures Wednesday 10th May

Premier Division

Liskeard Athletic 0 St Austell 5

Pensilva 1 St Dominick 2

Polperro 1 Callington Town 3

Tavistock v Saltash United

Division One

Roche 0 Elburton Villa 1

Polperro 1-3 Callington Town

An important win for Callington last night in their battle with St Dominic for runners up position.

Before Polperro got into their stride, Callington were 2-0 up after 20-25 minutes playing some good football, with two fine strikes from the predatory Jarryd Kelly.

Polperro pulled a goal back on the half hour, when they scored a clever direct free kick just inside the near post, wrong footing Town keeper Chris Wearing.

This gave the home side the impetus to up their game, and it remained pretty even to half time.

Polperro started the second half in the ascendancy, but without causing too many problems for Callington, who at that stage had limited opportunities.

Polperro were awarded a penalty half way through the second half, but with Callington pointing out that in their opinion keeper Wearing had clearly flicked the ball away from the Polperro player before any contact, the referee sensibly consulted his assistant, and the decision was overturned.

As the game entered the final 15 minutes, Callington did create quite a few opportunities finishing the game strongly, finally Kelly finished well with his left foot to clinch the win,

and his hat-trick.

A decent end of season game, with both sides giving it their best.

Polperro a proper ECPL team and set up, and a decent bunch of players - good luck in your game against St Dominic on Saturday !

A fair reflection of the match.....we do however feel hard done by after having a clear penalty given by the referee, for it to then be overturned by the Callington club linesman. You also managed to the miss the horrendous foul that left our centre back being carried off the pitch (somehow only a yellow card given) and the handball on the line by the Callington defender which was ironically not spotted by your linesman.

It was also a pity that no Callington players or members came into the clubhouse for a drink after the game as I'm sure your newly built clubhouse depends on this trade.....

good luck also 

Yes I do hope you injured defender is ok, and in the circumstances it was pleasing to see the Callington physio spending a good few minutes attending to your player , and helping to carry him off.

The "handball" you mention, I seem to recall the referee was well positioned to make a decision.

I stuck around for 5-10 minutes after the game, there didn't appear to be anything happening after match-wise, and having seen several Polperro players already head off, I decided to go - perhaps some miscommunication here.

Anyway I am sure there was no disrespect intended towards your club