Cornwall Football Forum

Porthleven V Helston

Can anybody tell me why the Porthleven V Helston game which is due to be played next saturday (1st December) has now been re-arranged so that now Helston are playing Penzance, And Porthleven are now playing Truro????????? :(

I can see no reason whatsoever for this game to be postponed/re arranged or whatever you want to call it, as both teams are still able to play a game.

Would it be due to the fact that Porthleven 1st team do not have a game and that Helston fear Porthleven may load the Reserves up with 1st teamers??????

Please Answer. :wacko: :wacko:

NOTHING TO DO WITH US YOU SILLY BOY ITS YOUR HOME FIXTURE!!!!!

GODDA PLAY WHO U GODDA PLAY M8. WHY NOT PLAY TRURO WHEN UR 1ST TEAM AINT GOT A GAME LOAD IT LIKE THEY DO WHEN THERE 1ST TEAM AINT.....

No idea Paps.

When I was told we were playing Helston at Pz next week I thought it was because Holmans had to play Truro in their cup replay and there might be unplayed Senior Cup games but as Port are playing the Tigers that idea is out the window. Pz were supposed to be playing St Day at home next week.

The following week has changed for the Magpies as well. We are away at Ludgvan on the 8th Dec instead of playing Truro away. Perhaps they are scared of us and want a mid-week game so they can pack their team with 1st teamers! :lol:

Yeah calm down winno! Yeah it is our home fixture and we wanted to play helston whether we had our 1st team playing a game or not, we just want to know why it has been changed, seem like there is no reason!

And loading up statement, Porthleven Reserves have never loaded up with 1st teamers! we have had 2 1st teamers in recenly and that was because the 1st team wanted 2 of our players, a simple swap.

Guest Helston Patriot

I thought it changed as it was Combo Cup weekend? Dont worry paps you not the only won who is gutted, every one at Helston was looking forward to the game!

I aint worried at all paps. U implyed that we had something to do with the game being switched. Read your comments. Not getting involved in any more stupid slagging on here but check your comments b4 u put them on or ur gonna get a bite rnt u. We will probably play you mid week now anyway!!!!!!!

BUSHY SHUT UP AS WELL UR STARTING TO PISS ME OFF......

At the end of the day if Helston can play Penzance, then they can play Porthleven, NO EXCUSES!

And to bugger up Penzance`s fixture of st day is just pure cheek

PAPS WHY DO YOU SEEM TO THINK ITS GOT SOMETHING TO DO US YOU SILLY BOY WE WILL PLAY YOU NEXT WEEK IF THEY TELL US TO OR WE WILL GO TO PENZANCE OR TO TRURO OR ANYWHERE WHATS IT MATTER WE ALL GODDA PLAY EACH OTHER SOME TIME!!!. THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY LOOKING TO THE FUTURE FIXTURES WITH CUP GAMES ETC AND TRYING TO KEEP TEAMS PLAYING EVERY WEEK . SENIOR FOOTBALL NOW IT GETS A LITTLE MORE COMPLICATED. SPEAK TO KEVIN IM SURE HE WILL PUT YOU RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT SAID YOUVE LOADED UP EITHER. I SAID YOU CAN IF YOU WISH AGAINST TRURO.........

YOU SEEM TO BE MORE WORRIED ABOUT IT BEING CANCELLED THAN US WHYS THAT??????????????

:drink:

At the end of the day if Helston can play Penzance, then they can play Porthleven, NO EXCUSES!

And to bugger up Penzance`s fixture of st day is just pure cheek

PAPS WHY DO YOU SEEM TO THINK ITS GOT SOMETHING TO DO US YOU SILLY BOY WE WILL PLAY YOU NEXT WEEK IF THEY TELL US TO OR WE WILL GO TO PENZANCE OR TO TRURO OR ANYWHERE WHATS IT MATTER WE ALL GODDA PLAY EACH OTHER SOME TIME!!!. THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY LOOKING TO THE FUTURE FIXTURES WITH CUP GAMES ETC AND TRYING TO KEEP TEAMS PLAYING EVERY WEEK . SENIOR FOOTBALL NOW IT GETS A LITTLE MORE COMPLICATED. SPEAK TO KEVIN IM SURE HE WILL PUT YOU RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT SAID YOUVE LOADED UP EITHER. I SAID YOU CAN IF YOU WISH AGAINST TRURO.........

YOU SEEM TO BE MORE WORRIED ABOUT IT BEING CANCELLED THAN US WHYS THAT??????????????

:drink:

Just a shame its been cancelled and cant really see any real reason why.

Without a senior team we have no choice but to bring in players from other clubs if they are available to us. Why should Helston be able to use 4 reinstated players and we can,t because we have no senior team? I have no problem with teams reinstating as long as they abide by the rules and use the correct amount. Nice to see you bounce back from your loss last week Winno mind you I thought that Perranwell just might of taken something off Truro did,nt you?

I did bud and from what I heard they should have as well!!!! Like I said if you don't break the rules no-one can moan football is a very complicated thing behind the scenes. But rules are there and if they are abided to then no-one can complain even thoughas I stated in the paper I agree with the point made.

take care

winno

Truro still have some difficult places to go, and of course they have to play you twice yet. your biggest threat will be the Combo Cup the further you go the more you will have to play catch up. and as a Dracena avenue player catch up is a hard game to play. best of luck to you all anyway just keep pluggin away!

we should be playing on boxing day m8. what happened in the past is the past. Y cant we sort it even now........ we only got to ask the league or fixture sec. win or loose think of the piss up and bar takings

we should be playing on boxing day m8. what happened in the past is the past. Y cant we sort it even now........ we only got to ask the league or fixture sec. win or loose think of the piss up and bar takings

Yeah it would be nice, and most definately for the piss up boxing day is always a perfect day for drinking!!!

I think the Penzance fixture will be set in stone now to be honest, IF i was secretary then i would enquire about it but unfortunately i`m not. :glare: