Cornwall Football Forum

Looking for a new club.

Hi all looking for a new club for next season as my current club will be folding at the end of this season. Live in Truro area so looking for something around that area but can travel. Spent 4 years at my current club and played almost every game so very reliable. Have played at Trelawny Premier level for 3 clubs right through to Trelawny 4 with my current club. Thanks Aaron

Matt has got a new job and wont have the time anymore and felt it was the right time to fold the club. I believe he has yes

53 minutes ago, B_D said:

Why are newbridge folding? Have your club alerted the league?

1 hour ago, AJ715 said:

Matt has got a new job and wont have the time anymore and felt it was the right time to fold the club. I believe he has yes

It's a massive shame. Noone else interested in taking on the role?

Perfect opportunity for your players to help the teams that are struggling in the area; Threemilestone I'm sure would have happy to accommodate as would any team in the league. Good luck.

44 minutes ago, B_D said:

It's a massive shame. Noone else interested in taking on the role?

Perfect opportunity for your players to help the teams that are struggling in the area; Threemilestone I'm sure would have happy to accommodate as would any team in the league. Good luck.

He didnt wish for anyone else to take on the club which i can totally understand. It was his club from the start so guess its hard to let go but had a great 4 years so cant complain.

14 hours ago, ian beale said:

Is that a joke? You nearly folded your first team this season? And fair play for not but surely you should just focus on getting one team up and running before entering another? ?

By the looks of things all the Newbridge players are looking for clubs so i doubt there going to stick together to form a reserve club elsewhere can't understand why someone doesn't step up and keep them going seems a shame to me to be fair don't like to see clubs fold.. 

3 hours ago, justin1 said:

By the looks of things all the Newbridge players are looking for clubs so i doubt there going to stick together to form a reserve club elsewhere can't understand why someone doesn't step up and keep them going seems a shame to me to be fair don't like to see clubs fold.. 

I understand your concern, it's not a decision I have taken lightly and have put a lot of thought in to it. I'm not sure how other teams run, but having done every role single handedly for the 4 seasons, it's a massive ask to find 1 person with the time to do it, more so to find a group willing to! It is a real shame, but I've looked at all the pro's and con's and come to this decision with the support of the current players. It's been a great journey but sadly one that can't continue.

In regards to Aaron, he is a determined, commitment to the cause person and will give everything he has to a team!

Thanks Matt that means alot. I know the lads all understand your choice and i know it wasnt easy for you. We know how much Matt has done for us over the 4 years and appreciate every opportunity he has given to us as players. We have had some good players over the years and the boys looking for clubs will make great acquisitions for any team.