Padstow Utd 0 Launceston 9

Penryn Ath 3 Hayle 4

Penzance 1 Godolphin Atlantic 0 aet

Probus 0 Truro City 7

Saltash Utd 3 Dobwalls 0

St Blazey 4 Illogan RBL 3

St Columb Major 4 St Austell 5

Penzance 1, Godolphin Atlantic 0 (aet)

THE Magpies needed a goal six minutes from the end of extra-time to see off the spirited challenge of East Cornwall League high-fliers Godolphin at Penlee Park.

Godolphin deserve great credit for a tremendous performance in the atrocious weather conditions, particularly after they were reduced to 10 men when they had Lee Paxton sent off for a second bookable offence late in the second half.

The G's star man was undoubtedly their 5ft, 16-year-old keeper Shaun Semmens, who denied the home side on numerous occasions, but was powerless to prevent home substitute Steve Hancock from scoring his 12th goal in 15 games when his effort went in off the bar in the 114th minute.

It was harsh luck on the rookie keeper, who fully deserved the applause he was given by supporters of both sides after the game.

Guest Black&White

Don't think having about a dozen Godolphin subs/officials/managers etc crammed into the 'technical area' helped matters; the last I heard such things are not allowed and those in the dugout area need to be named on the team sheet. Perhaps it's different for Senior Cup?

I was there and it was a good cup tie. Both keepers had great games and the more Lanreath soaked up the Millbrook pressure the more it looked like they would win the game.

Millbrook probably shaded 'normal' time but Lanreath battled well to keep them out. Lanreath scored after about 5 mins of the first period of extra time and then played really well to see out the remainder of the game.

I'm sure that most of the Millbrook spectators at the game would join me in saying that Lanreath deserved their win and wish them well in the next round.

Any comment Keano

Or do you only do Kids football

i would love to make a comment but at this time im under strick orders to stay tight liped , ill let you carry on for now !

Maximum respect to the spectaters at Penzance who applauded the Godolphin players off the pitch this afternoon following the home sides 116th minute winner in a typical David & Golieth Cup tie.

Every "G" player gave ever ounce today and dispite playing for 45 minutes with 10 men the boys almost forced a replay, but it wasn't to be.

Good Luck to Penzance for the rest of the competition from all at Godolphin !!

Guest Peppermint

Well said Derek - it must have been heartbreaking to play so long with ten men and then concede a goal in extra time.

I watched another ECPL side play really well and if they had not missed a number of chances then they might have been in the next round. This was the St Columb Major/St Austell tie. Played in rain throughout but both sides made it an entertaining spectacle with the final score 5-4 in the visitors favour.

Congratulations the Nigel Worrall and his team - your supporters can be very proud of your efforts.

One more point - should the Senior Cup postings appear on the Main Discussion Board - after all the competition contains teams form other leagues than the SWPL.

Yes Peppermint it was very hard on the lads to concede such a late goal. Legs were very tired in extra time and we came under a lot of pressure as you would expect playing with 10 men but we almost held out. It would have been interesting to take Penzance back to Godolphin Way.

The most important thing is that the lads have again aquitted themselves extremely well at a higher level and its been more invaluable experience for all of us.

Guest Peppermint

Yes well done to you and your team Derek. There is one consolation in that you can now concentrate on winning the league title. That should then set up a fascinating local derby for next season between you and Newquay.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

I watched another ECPL side play really well and if they had not missed a number of chances then they might have been in the next round. This was the St Columb Major/St Austell tie. Played in rain throughout but both sides made it an entertaining spectacle with the final score 5-4 in the visitors favour.

Congratulations the Nigel Worrall and his team - your supporters can be very proud of your efforts.

Indeed, the home side missed a hatful of chances, especially in the first half. I see the St Austell GK was the man of the match in the Sunday Independent this morning, although if I was a defender I wouldn't feel too secure with him behind me as he spent an awful lot of time outside of the area playing football!

This brings me to one of my pet peeves - match reports, whether in the Indy or elsewhere, that only mention the goalscores of one side. Surely it isn't too hard to get all the facts before sending in the report?

--

Richard

Guest Peppermint

Hopefully you were not getting at me Richard because I did not do the Indie report but my report will be in the Newquay Voice and all goal scorers will be mentioned whatever the team they played for.

Hopefully you were not getting at me Richard because I did not do the Indie report but my report will be in the Newquay Voice and all goal scorers will be mentioned whatever the team they played for.

No, not getting at you - it was a general point, and I assume the report had been put in by someone from the St Austell side. The same thing afflicted the Bude v Wadebridge game, and quite often applies to Western League reports. I'll get one of my family to get the Newquay Voice this week and look forward to reading your report!

--

Richard

Guest Peppermint

Thanks Richard. I think the Indie report was done by somone from the away team. It is normally quite easy to get the scorers from both teams because some supporters will know who scored!