Cornwall Football Forum

Russell hall cup

Fourlanes 1-4 probus

Well done to probus on reaching the final. 1st half was very even 2nd half probus stepped it up and finished the job in hand. 

At 2.1 to probus fourlanes where awarded a pen which the probus keeper saved with confidence high went on to put 2 goals away between 70-75th.

I'm sure probus will put up a more in-depth report later.

Good luck in the final against newlyn lions and to both sides for the rest of the season.

Four Lanes 1 Probus 4

I thought that we (Probus) were abysmal in the first half and Four Lanes must have been gutted that we equalised 2 minutes before half time. We were so bad in the first half it was awful. Four Lanes took the lead when a free kick into the box was won by the big centre forward and the number 10's deflected shot beat our keeper, Sam Jones. FL had another shot pushed onto the bar and away for a corner but they didn't really create the chances they should have with the amount of possession they had. Connor Rhodes got an equaliser that we didn't deserve with a great solo run and finish from a tight angle.

We started the second half better (it was hard to imagine it could get any worse!) and we took the lead when a Matt Worthington free kick was headed back across goal for Paul Cox to prod home. Then came the critical moment of the game, when the Four Lanes number 10 was brought down in the box by Sam Jones for a penalty. The centre forward took it and Sam Jones made up for his error by guessing correctly and made an excellent save, low to his left. Within a minute we had gone further ahead when Connor Rhodes got his second goal following a goalmouth scramble. The final goal was scored by Sam Hadfield with a great finish high into the net from the left had side of the box. Four Lanes kept coming at us and looked dangerous from set pieces but Pete Davey marshalled the dangerous centre forward very well.

Overall we were awful in the first half but much better in the second. I thought the officials all did well and thank you to St Day for your excellent hospitality.

Def a game of two halves.. 

Delighted to get through against a very tough Four Lanes team and in my opinion they have the stand out player in our league. Don't know his name but he was no 10. The big no 9 is decent too to be fair.

Fair play to our lads too who certainly responded to some choice words from our manager at half time....

Just the small matter of a cup final and a big few league games left.

last mention has to go to our 16 year old keeper Sam Jones, what a penalty save ?

10 hours ago, Pete Davey said:

Def a game of two halves.. 

Delighted to get through against a very tough Four Lanes team and in my opinion they have the stand out player in our league. Don't know his name but he was no 10. The big no 9 is decent too to be fair.

Fair play to our lads too who certainly responded to some choice words from our manager at half time....

Just the small matter of a cup final and a big few league games left.

last mention has to go to our 16 year old keeper Sam Jones, what a penalty save ?

Two games iv been involved with probus in a week and sam jones has been outstanding in both. Not sure what num 10s actually called I know him as Messi lol