Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Transfer Rumour Mill

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, TURNIP TED said:

That's a kick in the nuts then .. Win the league and then lose your top striker.

TT - may feel like that initially, however without him there is no way Tavistock would have come close to winning the league (6th or 7th at best). Tavistock had a great season - enjoy that, next season will be a lot different for a lot of clubs. 

On 17/05/2017 at 13:07, Football solution said:

Sid Taylor to St Austell !!!

Someone please tell me that's a joke!!

He couldn't  even raise a side at Helston!!

Great Player and done ok with Helston, but nowhere near the required standard to manage St Austell.

This actually been Confirmed by anyone to do with St Austell? 

However if is true links between Taylor, eddy and Goldsworthy may have helped this along... if most stay inheriting good successful squad 

9 hours ago, quiksilver said:

Can't see why, parkway massively underachieved and finished 7th despite big budget. Maybe 1-2 to saltash but can't imagine saltash needing 4-5 players from parkway 

Parkway actually spent a lot less than people thought. They tried to do things on a budget rather than just chucking cash at it. They tried to do it on a sustainable budget, but it didn't work

6 hours ago, gingerninja said:

Parkway actually spent a lot less than people thought. They tried to do things on a budget rather than just chucking cash at it. They tried to do it on a sustainable budget, but it didn't work

Haha ??? I've read it all now on here !! 

19 hours ago, beacon said:

Haha ??? I've read it all now on here !! 

Just look at Tyler Elliott. Was on £30 a game at Parkway, Tavistock offered him £70. He went to Parkway and asked if they'd match it and they refused as it wasn't in their budget to pay players that amount, so he left

Reliably informed by a friend of a cousin of a St.Austell supporter called Viv that Phillip Laffernty has approached St.Blazey about their vacant manager's position? Wants to help them & put something back in to his local football club, after seeing some good days looks like he is going to help them through their dark times. Well done if correct Phillip, that will test your managerial skills, be more of a challenge.

8 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Reliably informed by a friend of a cousin of a St.Austell supporter called Viv that Phillip Laffernty has approached St.Blazey about their vacant manager's position? Wants to help them & put something back in to his local football club, after seeing some good days looks like he is going to help them through their dark times. Well done if correct Phillip, that will test your managerial skills, be more of a challenge.

That was about three months ago Leeds !! As far as I'm aware the opportunity was turned down and I think your find its Saint Austell or nothing !!!

With this topic going 2 run for weeks on end it will be interesting 2 see who goes where. Players or managers. With at least 3 if not 4 teams looking for promotion next season and only in my opinion a handful of decent players around, money is surely going 2 talk. Let's see who is where a few weeks into the season. Cause all we r doing is guessing unless you know more than I do

39 minutes ago, Tribute said:

Just seen on twitter Harry Evans signed for Bodmin 

So St Austell have no management team, yet, to shape next season. Have lost Harry Evans and always rumours about Goldie and Liam going to Helston - could be a long pre-season for them. 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Hes said it himself on his twitter account he thanks St Austell for 3 great years he would be a great signing for BODMIN class player

No what I mean is the signing on forms aren't available to sign until 1 June so he can't have signed yet !!  I'm sure he will do but now sent Austell management may be staying he may think again? But I agree very good player for his age and still lots more to learn. Not quite sure if he is a midfielder winger or a striker but oozes confidence

On 23/05/2017 at 18:13, jft96 said:

Dan Carne, Ben Williams, Charlie Young, Mike Arscott, and Ryan Barnes all to Penzance! 

Ryan Barnes wouldn't drop from Falmouth peninsula premier surely?  Who had very good season or penzance have put big money up..  but they did that end last season and still struggled 

Everyone expected penzance to strengthen massively this year!!  they'll be lots on way out of there too I'd imagine 

19 minutes ago, paul pearce said:

Wouldn't shout 2 quick Leedsunited about management team at St AUSTELL. Perhaps u should have it go

They already tried to lure Gilby!! Must be a little embarrassing for them to be knocked back by your rivals manager, even having offered a huge transfer War chest to play with as well!

33 minutes ago, TURNIP TED said:

Wow , where did Marypoppins come from. Not been on here for a while. Typical pop at Plymouth Parkway. I can not see those players leaving.

Well I've heard the same from a very reliable source.  I've heard 2 more are making the short leap over the river too

4 hours ago, leedsunited said:

They already tried to lure Gilby!! Must be a little embarrassing for them to be knocked back by your rivals manager, even having offered a huge transfer War chest to play with as well!

To be fair Bodmin must of offered Harry more then st austell cause he hasn't gone there to play in front of a big crowd ??