Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawany league results Monday 24/04/2017

Holmans 0-1 Penwith Exiles 

We travelled to Holmans this evening expecting a tough game and that's exactly what we got. The extra men Holmans brought in from the senior team really made it difficult for us tonight. It was a very stop start game with not much attractive football being played which played into the hands of Holmans. The keeper fumbled a 25 yard effort about 38 minutes in and that's all that really happened. A few men missing in key areas for us and illness with a few players on the pitch but no excuses with the game or how it was played. Very happy to be leaving with 3 points. Good luck to Holmans for the rest of the season from all at Exiles.

Daniel Burt 1x

Lanner 1-5 Trispen. 

4 quick fire goals from James tregay in 15mins put this game to bed. 2nd half was more even with Lanner having the more Chances. 

Very hard to play any football on a Very dry tresavean which looked more like the serengeti than a football pitch. 

Well done to Trispen. Hard to play 2 games in 48 hours. But both teams got it done.

Got a funny feeling that wasn't the holmans side struggling to stay in division two if it was I'm amazed the situation they are in i was told before the game they had two 1st teamers in but to be quite frank think they had more but another 3pts for us towards the league crown 20 from 20 with 4 to go,next up on wednesday a small little matter of csm in the percy stevens cup quarter final at pz ground trying to regain the cup. 

1 hour ago, Danielburt8 said:

Holmans 0-1 Penwith Exiles 

We travelled to Holmans this evening expecting a tough game and that's exactly what we got. The extra men Holmans brought in from the senior team really made it difficult for us tonight. It was a very stop start game with not much attractive football being played which played into the hands of Holmans. The keeper fumbled a 25 yard effort about 38 minutes in and that's all that really happened. A few men missing in key areas for us and illness with a few players on the pitch but no excuses with the game or how it was played. Very happy to be leaving with 3 points. Good luck to Holmans for the rest of the season from all at Exiles.

Daniel Burt 1x

Well I've seen both teams in the league in Mabe and now Penwith and I've not looked at the table but apparently Penwith should win the league . In tonight's showing I'm not sure how !!!! It's true we had Adam Selley in at the back and Jack Mankee up top but other than that it was the usual lads with  a keeper for us who hasn't played in goal since school 4 yrs ago. Anyway no arguments Penwith were the better team throughout but they also rode there luck when we had a few half chances. Anyway great banter throughout good luck to Penwith with there final game games . Onto Wednesday and our 2 nds final fixture thank Francis for that 

in reply to above quote there were two as the 1 st team play tomorrow . For the first time this season we put 5 at the back instead of  a suicidal 3 . And to be fair without starting to spill banter to far your lads couldn't hit a barn door on shots taken tonight ?

2 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

Well I've seen both teams in the league in Mabe and now Penwith and I've not looked at the table but apparently Penwith should win the league . In tonight's showing I'm not sure how !!!! It's true we had Adam Selley in at the back and Jack Mankee up top but other than that it was the usual lads with  a keeper for us who hasn't played in goal since school 4 yrs ago. Anyway no arguments Penwith were the better team throughout but they also rode there luck when we had a few half chances. Anyway great banter throughout good luck to Penwith with there final game games . Onto Wednesday and our 2 nds final fixture thank Francis for that 

I came to the changing room after the game and said you battled well and with performances like that maybe you shouldn't be so low in the league, we had an off day today but take no credit from your boys, was a good game with banter flowing throughout.

we don't judge our season on one game because we don't have great games all the time but we grind out results and we said in the changing room before the game that with the players we were missing and for a rushed set up for a Monday night we would take a 1-0 all day.

Good Luck for your last game could end up doing us a favour ;)

4 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

in reply to above quote there were two as the 1 st team play tomorrow . For the first time this season we put 5 at the back instead of  a suicidal 3 . And to be fair without starting to spill banter to far your lads couldn't hit a barn door on shots taken tonight ?

?? your right we couldn't! No arguments there at all! We have been waiting for one of them games as every team gets them especially when your on a 19-0 league run so we are happy to get the win! I'm sure if you brought your 1st team players down for our home game instead of calling it off you might have seen a few more goals ?. You can't say you can't see how we should win the league off one performance on which we still took 3 points ?. Each to their own tho! ??

2 minutes ago, Danielburt8 said:

?? your right we couldn't! No arguments there at all! We have been waiting for one of them games as every team gets them especially when your on a 19-0 league run so we are happy to get the win! I'm sure if you brought your 1st team players down for our home game instead of calling it off you might have seen a few more goals ?. You can't say you can't see how we should win the league off one performance on which we still took 3 points ?. Each to their own tho! ??

Don't shoot the secretary ??

12 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

So the guy on the touch line tells lies cos both your center half's were 1st team an now your striker so that makes 3 so you need to get your story correct b4 you get caught out lol 

16 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

The table doesn't lie perhaps you should have a look lol. 

Daniel jewell has been a first team regular for years at Holmans but has played seconds all year due to a nasty injury so I will repeat for the not so smart ones two centre halves defo first team players but one been seconds all season up top jack Mankee striker from firsts now enjoy your evening and sleep sweetly and dream of that og ??

13 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

Daniel jewell has been a first team regular for years at Holmans but has played seconds all year due to a nasty injury so I will repeat for the not so smart ones two centre halves defo first team players but one been seconds all season up top jack Mankee striker from firsts now enjoy your evening and sleep sweetly and dream of that og ??

??. All this bitterness yet you call off our home fixture says a lot tbh! Have a chat with the league get the fixture back on and then you can come down to our place? We would love the chance to play you guys again! 

9 hours ago, Danielburt8 said:

??. All this bitterness yet you call off our home fixture says a lot tbh! Have a chat with the league get the fixture back on and then you can come down to our place? We would love the chance to play you guys again! 

Yes I'm sure the league will give us priority they might even wave our fine & 6 pts back & 3 more when we beat you ???have a lovely day Daniel son?

5 hours ago, GEACH1 said:

I know what would be a good match titans from 2012/13 season vs penwith.  Both in div 2 . I think titans went unbeaten that year 

Spot on Geach we were unbeaten in the league and two or three really good sides in it as well with a certain Wendron battling us all the way? I think that Titans team put together now would definitely beat what I saw last night at Holmans in Penwith but I would say that?  

1 hour ago, MARKSY said:

Spot on Geach we were unbeaten in the league and two or three really good sides in it as well with a certain Wendron battling us all the way? I think that Titans team put together now would definitely beat what I saw last night at Holmans in Penwith but I would say that?  

Some side you had then Dave. 

Would be an interesting watch. 

1 hour ago, MARKSY said:

Div 2 that season was very strong , I was just looking at the table from that season . Penryn , st Ives , trispen , frog pool . Etc . 

A lot of players from those teams are now playing senior football 

On 25/04/2017 at 17:03, MARKSY said:

Shame you couldn't make it tonight might have changed your opinion! ?

On Mon Apr 24 2017 at 21:52, MARKSY said:

Have to agree with marksy Danny Jewell has played twice in two league games iv reffed holmans this season. Not sure about who else played etc as wasn't there.