Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League - Saturday April 22 2017

Please feel free to post your postponement, result, goalscorers and post-match comments

All 2.30pm ko

PREMIER DIVISION

Chacewater           v              Camborne School of Mines

Lizard Argyle         v              Troon AFC

Pendeen Rovers  v              St Day Reserves

Penryn Ath 3rds   v              Mousehole Reserves

St Buryan               v              Threemilestone

DIVISION 1

Hayle Reserves     v              Trispen

Helston Athletic 3rds          v              Marazion Blues

Mullion Reserves v              Lanner

Newlyn Non-Athletico         v              Rosudgeon

St Agnes Reserves               v              Constantine

DIVISION 2

Falmouth Town     v              RNAS Culdrose Reserves

Frogpool & Cusgarne          v              Mabe

Holman SC Reserves            v              Wendron United 3rds  (To be played at Wendron)

Illogan RBL 3rds    v              Chacewater Reserves

DIVISION 3

Four Lanes            v              St Just Reserves

Newlyn Lions        v              St Day 3rds

St Erme  v              Falmouth DC

West Cornwall Reserves     v              Probus

DIVISION 4

Newbridge Athletic             v              Madron  (To be played at Madron)

Ruan Minor           v              Troon AFC Reserves

Stithians Reserves                v              Four Lanes Reserves

Wendron United 4ths         v              Newlyn Non-Athletico Reserves (kick off 4pm as advised below)

6 minutes ago, dobbie said:

Div 1 

Helston 3rds v Marazion game off Marazion can't raise a side

Surprise as Marazion are third in the league , but also Helston first team unable to raise a team for the SWPL game today . Just thought i would mention it .

1 minute ago, stevieb said:

Surprise as Marazion are third in the league , but also Helston first team unable to raise a team for the SWPL game today . Just thought i would mention it .

Surprised as well Steve...and yes not a good day for Helston not fulfilling our first team fixture...however not many of 3rd Team signed on SWPL.

Chacewater 3  Camborne SOM 4  H/T 2-2

In an entertaining match,Chacewater took a very early lead when young Owen Dunstan was chopped down in the box and Craig Hitchens drove home from the penalty spot.The School equalised a little against the run of play when a good cross was headed in and soon after took the lead when their outstanding player went on a mazy dribble and scored from a narrow angle.Bayley  Milling's deep free-kick was superbly headed in by Dave Hitchens before the break.

Two early headed goals by the School ,one from corner and the other to a free-kick put them in the box seat but Chacewater hung on and Owen Dunstan tapped in Sean Preston's corner to ensure a nervy last few minutes for the visitors.

Match was outstandingly well controlled by Dave Dodson.

West Cornwall Reserves 0 Probus 7

If you were watching the first 35 minutes of the game you wouldn't have predicted the final score, as it was an even opening to the game. Bothe teams have half chances but neither keeper really made a save, although Paul Cox for us hit the post after swivelling in the box. We were awarded a penalty in the 37th minute which Paul Cox smashed into the corner and then he headed home a Chris Shackley cross at the far post in the 38th minute. The first half scoring was completed in the 43rd minute when Paul Cox was felled in the box and he smashed the resulting penalty straight down the middle of the goal. 0-3 at half-time.

We made some changes at half time and we struggled to get going at the start of the second half. We did increase our lead with goals Connor Rhodes in the 54th minute and Paul Cox in the 73rd after great work by Connor Rhodes. The final 2 goals were scored by Chris Shackley in the 87th and 90th minutes.

Well done to West Cornwall, who are a good side and we would have taken any win today on a tricky pitch but to get a clean sheet and 7 goals was pleasing.  I hope the WC player who went off with a cut head is ok. I thought the ref, Dave Rowe, (who I think was being assessed) had a good game and thanks to him for providing the times of the goals. Four Lanes in the Cup semi-final next up for us at St. Day on Thursday evening.

27 minutes ago, Chris Davey said:

If you were watching the first 35 minutes of the game you wouldn't have predicted the final score, as it was an even opening to the game. Bothe teams have half chances but neither keeper really made a save, although Paul Cox for us hit the post after swivelling in the box. We were awarded a penalty in the 37th minute which Paul Cox smashed into the corner and then he headed home a Chris Shackley cross at the far post in the 38th minute. The first half scoring was completed in the 43rd minute when Paul Cox was felled in the box and he smashed the resulting penalty straight down the middle of the goal. 0-3 at half-time.

We made some changes at half time and we struggled to get going at the start of the second half. We did increase our lead with goals Connor Rhodes in the 54th minute and Paul Cox in the 73rd after great work by Connor Rhodes. The final 2 goals were scored by Chris Shackley in the 87th and 90th minutes.

Well done to West Cornwall, who are a good side and we would have taken any win today on a tricky pitch but to get a clean sheet and 7 goals was pleasing.  I hope the WC player who went off with a cut head is ok. I thought the ref, Dave Rowe, (who I think was being assessed) had a good game and thanks to him for providing the times of the goals. Four Lanes in the Cup semi-final next up for us at St. Day on Thursday evening.

Thank you and no problem I wasn't sure who scored just recorded the times. Yes Gerald said I did a good job both teams played really good football and where very sporting towards each other. Thank you to both teams for a good afternoon of football. 

Hope the lad who went off with the cut eye is ok. The probus player clearly did not intend it as for his reaction.

Frogpool 0 Mabe 2

An enjoyable game to play in. Mabe going 1 nil up after 5 mins. Frogpool coming back into it and playing some good football and unlucky when hit the bar. Pretty even until the 45th min corner that was scrambled over the line after a punch onto the post. Mabe came at us second half but didn't create many clear chances. Need to play better then that if going to mix it with the big boys of the combo if rumours are true.

Penryn 3rds 2 - 2 Mousehole Res

Hard fought 90 mins by teams at the wrong end of the table. Draw was fair result in end I think both teams would agree. Penryn dominated possession in second half and mousehole looked dangerous on the break. Shout out Penryn keeper 'world class' save onto the crossbar which would have made it 3-1 to the mousehole if he hadn't saved it.

Dont like to normally criticise on the forum but the game was slightly ruined by the man in black. Before I get shot down by all the referees, I know we need refs otherwise we don't have a game. Both sets of players were perplexed by some of his decision making today. IN MY OPINION I think man in black had a bad day at the office today and failed to let a good battle between two evenly matched teams flow. Rant over. 

Illogan 3rds 13-1 Chacewater reserves 

Firstly gotta hugely credit Chacewater who travelled down and played the first 15minutes with 8players and the rest of the game with 10 after couple late arrivals!!!

Real good bunch lads never stopped working for eachother and actually whatever score was seemed upbeat which is great reflection on them, there manager said that first team had squad of 14 and wouldn't give one which sounds quite worrying if correct! Hopefully get better numbers for last couple fixtures.... On our side we did what we needed to do and finished well especially in the second half looking forward to Falmouth on Tuesday :)

Thanks Chacewater sticking around after for some grub too :)

17 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

Hard fought 90 mins by teams at the wrong end of the table. Draw was fair result in end I think both teams would agree. Penryn dominated possession in second half and mousehole looked dangerous on the break. Shout out Penryn keeper 'world class' save onto the crossbar which would have made it 3-1 to the mousehole if he hadn't saved it.

Dont like to normally criticise on the forum but the game was slightly ruined by the man in black. Before I get shot down by all the referees, I know we need refs otherwise we don't have a game. Both sets of players were perplexed by some of his decision making today. IN MY OPINION I think man in black had a bad day at the office today and failed to let a good battle between two evenly matched teams flow. Rant over. 

Town 3rds had the same problem. So much so that the team that was getting decisions were taking the p*** out of them ?

1 hour ago, Del Boy said:

Before you come on here disrespectfully commenting about your ref.

1. He's given his time so u can play

2. Payed his own money to do the course and buy his kit.

3. If you know so much and clearly you must be as good as clattenburg or webb get yourself on the course...

Only when you ref a game do you realise how hard it is. You get a split second to make your calls/decisions.

Bare that in mind before you post comments about refs. It's simple your teams play the game, take shots pass the ball etc yet you moan about the guy who hasn't touched the ball....

2 minutes ago, Mr Bean said:

3. If you know so much and clearly you must be as good as clattenburg or webb get yourself on the course...

Only when you ref a game do you realise how hard it is. You get a split second to make your calls/decisions.

Bare that in mind before you post comments about refs. It's simple your teams play the game, take shots pass the ball etc yet you moan about the guy who hasn't touched the ball....

Great post mr bean

Every ref makes bad decisions or so we think. Surely a matter of opinion. The view they have is different to yours. Appreciate you have a ref and enjoy your Saturday afternoon.

2 minutes ago, Mr Bean said:

That's fine. But it's also their choice, they're not forced or made to do it. 

A referee is qualified to apply the laws of the game. Interpretation is fine, if I was a ref I'd just say I didn't see it as you can't say anything back to that. But if they get the laws fundamentally wrong then in my opinion they deserve to be criticised. 

Just now, YoungPercy said:

Great post mr bean

Every ref makes bad decisions or so we think. Surely a matter of opinion. The view they have is different to yours. Appreciate you have a ref and enjoy your Saturday afternoon.

Exactly. I know paul Roberts the ref in question. He's reffed higher standard than any of these players have played some even watched. Paul is a talented ref. 

I am the manager of Penryn 3rds and me personally, I think he didn't get much wrong (before I'm criticised, I am a ref too) 

His decision making was fair and he let the game flow and spoke to players about his decisions with accuracy and a calm manner. 

Even after the game I asked him about a couple things I was unsure of and he explained them to me from his view. 

I think he he could have shown a fair few yellows today for dissent but chose not too, especially when he was called a joke by one of the Mousehole defenders... the Mousehole full back wearing 2 I hope is qualified as he questioned every decision that went against his team and the majority of them were inaccurate according to football law

On the game, draw a fair result, we started badly and made a few positional changes that got us going and back into the game. Few top saves by Donut as he does every week keeping us in games when we go hunting for goals. Good luck to Mousehole for their last 2 games and cheers for coming back in for a beer after the game

11 minutes ago, St Darren said:

A referee is qualified to apply the laws of the game. Interpretation is fine, if I was a ref I'd just say I didn't see it as you can't say anything back to that. But if they get the laws fundamentally wrong then in my opinion they deserve to be criticised. 

Ok counter arguement to your opinion:

1. No 1 is perfect

2. If we reffed by the laws and there was no grey area no many teams would finish will 11 per team

3. So are you saying if a player was late andaccidenty takes out a player they deserve to be cautioned under correct laws of the game without using common sence. 

Remember no player is perfect so how can you expect your ref to not make mistakes. If they are having a bad game get off their backs and remember they know the laws.... do you?

7 minutes ago, fal lad said:

I am the manager of Penryn 3rds and me personally, I think he didn't get much wrong (before I'm criticised, I am a ref too) 

His decision making was fair and he let the game flow and spoke to players about his decisions with accuracy and a calm manner. 

Even after the game I asked him about a couple things I was unsure of and he explained them to me from his view. 

I think he he could have shown a fair few yellows today for dissent but chose not too, especially when he was called a joke by one of the Mousehole defenders... the Mousehole full back wearing 2 I hope is qualified as he questioned every decision that went against his team and the majority of them were inaccurate according to football law

On the game, draw a fair result, we started badly and made a few positional changes that got us going and back into the game. Few top saves by Donut as he does every week keeping us in games when we go hunting for goals. Good luck to Mousehole for their last 2 games and cheers for coming back in for a beer after the game

Thank you for supporting paul. Instead of blaming him.

11 minutes ago, Mr Bean said:

If you read my original post I stated it was MY OPINION which I am intitaled to. I also stated that without the men in black no game. So your first two points are in fact pointless. One day I may take up the whistle but that day is not yet. 

Some decesions today:

1. Player stole ten yards on a throw, ref gave the throw the other way. Second half opposing team steal 10 yards plus. Ref quotes 'I was happy were he took it from'.  Player from mousehole then questions decision ref then gives indirect free kick 20 yards from goal when play was in penryns half.

2. Penalty first half HAD to be taken from the pentalty spot in a massive divet. 88th min penalty for penryn was allowed to be taken out of the divet. 

3. Winger in second half for mousehole calls his name to challenge for a high ball. Refs gives indirect free kick for unsporrting behaviour. 

4. Penryn midfielder gets heavy challenge on the halfway line ball bounces into path of two penryn attackers 2 on 1 (score @ 2-1) once penryn attcker touches the ball blows his whistle for free kick. 

There were a lot of other silly little things which just didn't let the game flow. Both sets players frustrated with the decesions and both felt the game could have been reffed better. 

I don't like to criticise referees for the most part they do a fantastic job and get lots of abuse for doing a thankless task. It was a big game today with both teams fighting for survival in the league, AND IN MY OPINION the game was jaded by a below par performance in the middle. 

18 minutes ago, St Darren said:

And c.f who missed goal deserve to be laughed at and defenders who score own goals well that's public flogging for sure I guess hahahaha

4 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

If you read my original post I stated it was MY OPINION which I am intitaled to. I also stated that without the men in black no game. So your first two points are in fact pointless. One day I may take up the whistle but that day is not yet. 

Some decesions today:

1. Player stole ten yards on a throw, ref gave the throw the other way. Second half opposing team steal 10 yards plus. Ref quotes 'I was happy were he took it from'.  Player from mousehole then questions decision ref then gives indirect free kick 20 yards from goal when play was in penryns half.

2. Penalty first half HAD to be taken from the pentalty spot in a massive divet. 88th min penalty for penryn was allowed to be taken out of the divet. 

3. Winger in second half for mousehole calls his name to challenge for a high ball. Refs gives indirect free kick for unsporrting behaviour. 

4. Penryn midfielder gets heavy challenge on the halfway line ball bounces into path of two penryn attackers 2 on 1 (score @ 2-1) once penryn attcker touches the ball blows his whistle for free kick. 

There were a lot of other silly little things which just didn't let the game flow. Both sets players frustrated with the decesions and both felt the game could have been reffed better. 

I don't like to criticise referees for the most part they do a fantastic job and get lots of abuse for doing a thankless task. It was a big game today with both teams fighting for survival in the league, AND IN MY OPINION the game was jaded by a below par performance in the middle. 

Point 1. Nothing wrong with it he took the throw in where the ref was happy and free kick was correct.

Point 2. As long as apart of the ball is on the spot no problem. I'd suggest a better grounds man.

Point 3. Depends if he believes the winger has tried to put the other player off I guess.

Point 4. There is definition of advantage.

3 minutes ago, Mr Bean said:

And c.f who missed goal deserve to be laughed at and defenders who score own goals well that's public flogging for sure I guess hahahaha

Mr B - your support for the man in the middle is admirable and much needed, but this is a football forum and if someone believes that an official had an off day - they are not challenging the value or credibility of the official, just commenting on how they saw a game.

Everybody makes mistakes or has great days - it's not personal it's just opinions. Sometimes a blinkered view that you can't say anything undue, serves more to undermine the officials - I watched a Swpl Prem game today, didn't agree with a lot the ref did, but he was very consistent and 'honest' and everyone walked off at the end of the game feeling the game had been played fairly, irrespective of result. 

Let's get back to football matters....

Threemilestone today got their first point of the season and over the 90 minutes probably deserved all 3......having taken over 5 weeks ago it is good to see the lads taking on board our system and structure....with four 16 year olds from our current and previous Truro youth set up in the squad it was a great performance.

we went 1 up early in first half when the pacy 16 year old Tom Fisher out-stripped the full back, got to the byline and pulled back to Joey Simms to smash into the roof of the net from 5 yards.......both teams then had half chances, but two other 16 year olds, Ross Woolcock in goal and Harrison Maguire at centre half stopped the St.Buryan efforts coming to anything.

with 15 minutes of the first half remaining St.Buryan's number 9, who was different class, hit an unstoppable curling shot from 20 yards into the top corner and 5 minutes later he set up the second, which was smashed in from 8 yards out.

at the beginning of the season I have heard that this would have signalled a landslide of goals, but not anymore.

at half time we re-grouped and came out quickly and strongly......once again Fisher ran from the half way line and forced a good save from the keeper, but Jamie Shaw was on hand to knock the rebound into the net 2-2.

TMS pushed on and were rewarded with a third when a good attack found Jason Pearce 12 yards out and his left footed drilled shot nestled in the bottom corner.....3-2.....but 20 minutes to go.

st.Buryan with the wind behind them threw the kitchen sink at us, with the back 4 of Dean Robins, Ian Jay, Harrison Maguire and Dan Head, with young Woolcock behind them, somehow withstood the barrage........but with 5 minutes to go, the St.Buryan number 9 picked the ball up on the half way line, a quick look up and let fly to score an amazing "Beckham" style goal to end an amazing game of football.

great signs though for next season.

39 minutes ago, Mr Bean said:

Exactly. I know paul Roberts the ref in question. He's reffed higher standard than any of these players have played some even watched. Paul is a talented ref. 

Laughable comment Mr Bean. Both teams had players that played min SWPL West division playing today. If the ref has reffed at a higher standard he didn't show it today with a below average display.

2 hours ago, Villatim1981 said:

Frogpool 0 Mabe 2

An enjoyable game to play in. Mabe going 1 nil up after 5 mins. Frogpool coming back into it and playing some good football and unlucky when hit the bar. Pretty even until the 45th min corner that was scrambled over the line after a punch onto the post. Mabe came at us second half but didn't create many clear chances. Need to play better then that if going to mix it with the big boys of the combo if rumours are true.

So your saying mabe are going to Falmouth to play combo if rumours are true?? 

Blimey, a ref in trelawny prem makes 4 bad decisions in 90 minutes and has had a bad game, a player at any level makes more mistakes than that.

I have been manager of many games when this ref has been the man in the middle and what ive witnessed is a honest man who is a proper football man. He's officiated at a much higher level than trelawny, but due to the lack officials decides to carry on well into his 60's (maybe 70's)?

Its always frustrating when a ref doesn't give the decision that you think is right, and believe me i've given my share of grief to an official, but i think a couple of hours after the game you got to think hang on were not playing premier league at least we had a ref whose given up his time to give his view.

52 minutes ago, Fish said:

Threemilestone today got their first point of the season and over the 90 minutes probably deserved all 3......having taken over 5 weeks ago it is good to see the lads taking on board our system and structure....with four 16 year olds from our current and previous Truro youth set up in the squad it was a great performance.

we went 1 up early in first half when the pacy 16 year old Tom Fisher out-stripped the full back, got to the byline and pulled back to Joey Simms to smash into the roof of the net from 5 yards.......both teams then had half chances, but two other 16 year olds, Ross Woolcock in goal and Harrison Maguire at centre half stopped the St.Buryan efforts coming to anything.

with 15 minutes of the first half remaining St.Buryan's number 9, who was different class, hit an unstoppable curling shot from 20 yards into the top corner and 5 minutes later he set up the second, which was smashed in from 8 yards out.

at the beginning of the season I have heard that this would have signalled a landslide of goals, but not anymore.

at half time we re-grouped and came out quickly and strongly......once again Fisher ran from the half way line and forced a good save from the keeper, but Jamie Shaw was on hand to knock the rebound into the net 2-2.

TMS pushed on and were rewarded with a third when a good attack found Jason Pearce 12 yards out and his left footed drilled shot nestled in the bottom corner.....3-2.....but 20 minutes to go.

st.Buryan with the wind behind them threw the kitchen sink at us, with the back 4 of Dean Robins, Ian Jay, Harrison Maguire and Dan Head, with young Woolcock behind them, somehow withstood the barrage........but with 5 minutes to go, the St.Buryan number 9 picked the ball up on the half way line, a quick look up and let fly to score an amazing "Beckham" style goal to end an amazing game of football.

Superb news Brian 

What makes me smile, with very gritted teeth, is that people come on here every week and make points about what the refs got wrong. However, when I turn up week in week out and play/watch the games in the Trelawny Leagues, it is clear that the vast majority of players do not know the Laws of the Game themselves and constantly cheat or try to cheat (throw ins, corners, offsides and so on). You often get subs running the line with no clue as to where they should be standing. Do the refs come on here week in week out and lambaste the clubs in their often very poor efforts to play a fair game and apply the Laws truly? No. Get on with it.

57 minutes ago, Fish said:

Great result Brian against me ol mate Ian at St B. i hear the Tms goals wern't as much smashed in as you describe but went in all the same! Two fantastic goals from Luke Waller rescued a point for buryan.

3 hours ago, stokefan1 said:

Illogan 3rds 13-1 Chacewater reserves 

Firstly gotta hugely credit Chacewater who travelled down and played the first 15minutes with 8players and the rest of the game with 10 after couple late arrivals!!!

Real good bunch lads never stopped working for eachother and actually whatever score was seemed upbeat which is great reflection on them, there manager said that first team had squad of 14 and wouldn't give one which sounds quite worrying if correct! Hopefully get better numbers for last couple fixtures.... On our side we did what we needed to do and finished well especially in the second half looking forward to Falmouth on Tuesday :)

Thanks Chacewater sticking around after for some grub too :)

The 1st team only had 12 and 1 player was struggling with injury but we'll done to 2nds for playing the game

3 hours ago, Del Boy said:

Laughable comment Mr Bean. Both teams had players that played min SWPL West division playing today. If the ref has reffed at a higher standard he didn't show it today with a below average display.

Funny old world really, I was talking to the ref after the game....and he thought you were s*it as well - but he can't say that - so I have.

Just for the record, Mr Roberts has officiated at a standard where we could only dream to reach as players.

I'm not going to harp on like i usually do because enough has been said about referees today. But, i will voice my opinion... (okay, I have actually harped on)

Firstly, a few seasons ago, referees would get slated on this forum all the time, then everyone would jump on the bandwagon. These days, more and more people are standing up for referees; ma y now beginning to understand that the majority of the time, it's a thankless task and that club officials and players would rather criticise the referee than themselves for their performance. So, good effort to those who now look at things from both sides 

Now, I've known Paul for quite a few years off the field and i can tell you one thing about him that no-one will disagree with... He will always do his best. He officiated a game that i played in at the beginning of the season, i came off the pitch thinking he had a bad game with some questionable decisions. However, i know how it can be. I slept on it and then thought about the decisions that i believed he got wrong. When i actually thought about it from his point of view, i actually realised that he got 95% of his decisions spot on. I suggest that before we criticise referees, we try and look at particular scenarios from their view before we jump straight on a forum and throw daggers.

I say this every single week... For those criticising, i would hazard a guess that you think you can do a better job. If that is the case, please get yourselves (or ask me to) get you on the referee course. We could do with having more referees available to us, even if it is for the odd game here and there.

I've played in a few games this season where i believe that the referee has had a shocker. I keep those opinions to myself. I'm quite an opinionated person so it does pain me to keep my mouth shut... But the reason i do is because i know how hard and isolated it can be in the middle and i appreciate the job that they do.

It's not an easy job, particularly when you start getting both teams and their managers on your back. It's a lonely place at times. Just bare that in mind. 

My last point is about the application of law; the law book is big, it's complex and it is forever changing. It's rather ambiguous at times and leaves everything down to the referee to interpret. We all have differing interpretations of decisions. Accept that 

If you look at the mistakes that are made, there is a common factor in every single one...

1. Not taking a throw in from the correct position.

2. Not taking a penalty from the correct position

3. Calling the referee a joke (that's quite insulting, an easy red card there if he wanted too).

The list continues... Common factor here - the players! Just behave yourself and don't give a referee the chance to make an error or a decision that could be seen as contentious.

As for your game, here are my thoughts:

If a player fails to take the throw from the position in which the ball goes out, it's a foul throw. If the ref says "I was happy from where he took it from", that means he has possibly seen something that you haven't; the angle in which the ball has left the field. The only opinion that matters in this situation is the referees.

For dissent, an indirect free kick is awarded from where the offender is, not the play or the ball. Player also lucky not to receive a caution (which is mandatory); referee displays common sense here and saves the player a £10 administration charge!!!

The penalty must be taken from the penalty mark. Referee correct. As for the second one, so long as the ball is on the penalty mark, there is no infringement.

Is the player's name "mine" or "boo" by any chance? If the referee believes that the player verbally distracted an opponent, an indirect should be rewarded. No-where in the lawbook does it say anything about shouting a players name, it's the manner in which it is shouted.

A heavy challenge, I'm guessing that's a foul then? Referee correct to call for a free kick (maybe because you'd been moaning all game)? Advantage could have been applied should the situation deserve, but it is not mandatory. If you'd been appealing for everything previously, I'd have blown my whistle aswell!

As for the referee being called a joke... Easy red card there if the referee deemed it to be offensive, insulting or/and abusive.

Sounds like the referee officiated fully in accordance with the Laws of the Game to me whilst applying common sense at the same time.

maxresdefault.jpg

Just to clear one or two things up from my perspective. 

The throw in he reversed wasn't for the throw in the wrong place, it was because it was a foul throw. 

The free kick he pulled back when we could of have a potential advantage was because of arguement that followed between the two players involved in the foul

The free kick awarded for the player shouting his name was given because, although he shouted his name, he was nowhere near being able to make a challenge for the ball. unless someone else deems 10 yards back and with no chance of getting near the ball to challenge. Indirect free kick awarded as the shout was deemed inspiration conduct as I did distracty player who subsequently missed the header. 

Lets just leave it know, Mr Roberts  is a top ref who was happy to explain things to me after the game. Nobody can keep 22 players happy every week

16 minutes ago, fal lad said:

Just to clear one or two things up from my perspective. 

The throw in he reversed wasn't for the throw in the wrong place, it was because it was a foul throw. 

The free kick he pulled back when we could of have a potential advantage was because of arguement that followed between the two players involved in the foul

The free kick awarded for the player shouting his name was given because, although he shouted his name, he was nowhere near being able to make a challenge for the ball. unless someone else deems 10 yards back and with no chance of getting near the ball to challenge. Indirect free kick awarded as the shout was deemed inspiration conduct as I did distracty player who subsequently missed the header. 

Lets just leave it know, Mr Roberts  is a top ref who was happy to explain things to me after the game. Nobody can keep 22 players happy every week

Correct decision.

Correct and sensible decision. Why play advantage when there is a situation that could boil over occuring? You can blame that on the Penryn player arguing with the opposition player instead of getting on with the game.

Again, absolutely correct decision made by the referee. Verbally distracting opponent, correct restart followed. 

Sounds like the referee had a good game and applied the laws correctly and in the spirit of the game. I hope he is marked in accordance with the Trelawny League's Referee Marking Guide and not the clubs "He didn't do us any favours so we'll bring that point up on the forum and mark him low" guide.

This again shows the lack of knowledge of the Laws of the Game by the clubs and players. It sounds like the referee, being called a joke etc didn't deserve that at all because he was doing his job to the letter.

9 hours ago, Gcharlie said:

The 1st team only had 12 and 1 player was struggling with injury but we'll done to 2nds for playing the game

Sorry if mis informed just what was told by the reserve team manager, Yeah they turned up and did there club proud never gave up.

24 minutes ago, B_D said:

Correct decision.

Correct and sensible decision. Why play advantage when there is a situation that could boil over occuring? You can blame that on the Penryn player arguing with the opposition player instead of getting on with the game.

Again, absolutely correct decision made by the referee. Verbally distracting opponent, correct restart followed. 

Sounds like the referee had a good game and applied the laws correctly and in the spirit of the game. I hope he is marked in accordance with the Trelawny League's Referee Marking Guide and not the clubs "He didn't do us any favours so we'll bring that point up on the forum and mark him low" guide.

This again shows the lack of knowledge of the Laws of the Game by the clubs and players. It sounds like the referee, being called a joke etc didn't deserve that at all because he was doing his job to the letter.

Dave your like talking law book! Take some typing out but best way copy and paste 

Used to be able to come onto this board and catch up on match reports... now it just seems to be people arguing about referee decisions!

Long and short... people make mistakes! You see it even in the World Cup (the pinnacle). Why would Trelawny be any better?! 

If you feel so agreived, complain through the right channels. 

9 hours ago, Gcharlie said:

Yes,the first team had 12 players.That substuitute played his part in the game as players were carrying knocks,one player recovering fitness after a long injury absence and the hard ground also took it's toll on the players.

The reserves started with eight players at Illogan with another two arriving after kick off.We fulfilled the fixture against a strong team and the club are proud of the players and manager for doing so.

4 hours ago, B_D said:

Correct restart if a caution comes before it. Paul knows my thoughts on this, and there should be no Lee-way if you believe it is an offence.

I got only this to say ref combo st day v Holmans yesterday 1-1 ht ref pulls up with hamstring name Paul Kempen our manager slated for not allowing an unregistered ref to carry on who was st day lino so our manager slated for that too. Now I've had a hamstring pull in my football day but I've never known anyone to be able to run the line in two games the very next day as Paul kempen is as I speak at Helston in the youth finals and in a row as well. What a remarkable fella must have elastic band legs ?

5 hours ago, MARKSY said:

I got only this to say ref combo st day v Holmans yesterday 1-1 ht ref pulls up with hamstring name Paul Kempen our manager slated for not allowing an unregistered ref to carry on who was st day lino so our manager slated for that too. Now I've had a hamstring pull in my football day but I've never known anyone to be able to run the line in two games the very next day as Paul kempen is as I speak at Helston in the youth finals and in a row as well. What a remarkable fella must have elastic band legs ?

I did my hamstring once, hurt like a mother ..... ?

On Sat Apr 22 2017 at 21:08, Del Boy said:

That's little league compared to Paul's experience 

14 hours ago, B_D said:

Correct decision.

Sounds like it was a perfectly good show from paul and sour grapes from a side hoping to win since penryns manager has basically said.

On Sat Apr 22 2017 at 17:30, Chris Davey said:

Would u believe it I am 1 of the assist refs for the cup game.