Cornwall Football Forum

England v Croatia

2 v 3

Goal England 0 - 1 Croatia :angry:

Goal England 0 - 2 Croatia :angry:

Goal England 1 - 2 Croatia :o

Goal England 2 - 2 Croatia :yahoo:

Goal England 2 - 3 Croatia :angry:

Was it me or was Defoe inside the area when fat frank took the penalty, it looked to me like he was right next to him when he kicked the ball ?

Please do not say what a great save from Carson from that corner i doubt he knew anything about it but the question is where was the marking ?

Great ball into the box from Beckham for the Crouch goal why the hell didnt Beckham start ?

Over all and lets be honest here, We were Shocking and the goals they scored were poor, Good strike for the 3rd goal but still poor goals.

We were not good enough and the wrong team was picked for such a big game.

Bye Bye McClaren and thanks for nothing :angry:

Guest crosser

just like to say well done to the managerial genius that steve mclaren is utter shite and as i said in another post please fcuk off you useless brainless inept excuse for a manager.

The person i feel sorry for the most is beckham, I know mclaren wanted to make a statement by dropping him but he has been one of englands outstanding players over the last 10 years and deserved to reach 100 caps but can't see that happening now.

Lets get hound dog harry in charge now please

How many goals do we see scored (even at our own level) when the defenders stop chasing to appeal for offside and the striker plays on and goes on to score? It's an embarrasing, schoolboy error. I've said it before and I'll say it again ....play the whistle!!!! Once that second goal went in we seemed to lose what momentum we had so it must have been one hell of a half-time talk. :clapper:

Guest crosser

The problem being it should'nt have needed a good half time team talk, he started with the wrong side and when that went belly up he had to make changes.

In englands most important game for years he made mass changes ok some he could'nt control due to injurys and suspensions, but come on why change your system when he's played pretty much 4-4-2 all campaign.

Why start with wright phillips you can count how many good england games he has had on 1 finger why bring back gerrard and lampard partnership thats never worked so many questions and only one answer.

Sack Mclaren don't even give him the dignity of resigning sack him now

I was probably the only one who was actually supporting Croatia, purely because i dont think England deserve to go through, after all lets face it they wouldn`t have got very far at all.

Dont think its fair McClaren gets all the blame though, all to easy to blame the manager all the time, the next manager that comes along will get the same treatment again, IF they get another Manager.

Maybe the FA could take a leaf out of Arsenal`s books, and actually get your academy built BEFORE you build a stadium and try and bring some english players through the ranks instead of bleating on about how arsenal are ruining the national side by bringing in to many foreigners, its bullshit! If anything should encourage more english players to up their quality.

The FA stopped the funding on their academy in order to build wembley so its only their fault they do not have enough quality coming through, shit facilties and training, guess why the england squad go to Arsenal`s training ground to train! LOL!!

Well done Croatia!!

Guest Sullivan

Glad it's all over to be honest. We just aren't good enough, end of! Hopefully now the FA will look at the English setup and maybe have a capping system for foreign players in an English squad. Our lone forward tonight doesn't even start for his club... what's that all about! Bent, Defoe, Bridge... same again! Poor Carson won't be sleeping for days!!!

Guest Sullivan

Whatever the bad performance,it's unpatriotic to make such comments and reflects the real problem that afflicts this Country as a whole.

The most unpatriotic thing about tonight was the performance!

Glad it's all over to be honest. We just aren't good enough, end of! Hopefully now the FA will look at the English setup and maybe have a capping system for foreign players in an English squad. Our lone forward tonight doesn't even start for his club... what's that all about! Bent, Defoe, Bridge... same again! Poor Carson won't be sleeping for days!!!

Thats the whole reason we have foreign players, english ones are shite! If the Enlgish Academy concentrated on bringing youngsters up through the ranks then they may get somewhere! We got better under 21`s who are better than the main squad, Where was Theo Walcott tonight i ask you? Where was Arron Lennon i ask you?

Just seen it on sky sports STEVE McCLAREN says he will not leave his post (Just great thats all we need).

Other news just in Paparazzi is a Croatia fan and a black cat was found alive and well in a cardboard box having been left by it's owners outside of the R.S.P.C.A in London. :yahoo:

Love it, More enjoyment of supporting croatia i tell you hehehe.

And i take back my comments about McClaren, Lets get rid of him, Burn him!!

Guest Doomer17

Woeful springs to mind.

Only good player i believe was Joe Cole. Defensively a wreck. Being a goalkeeper, naturally im going to comment on Carson. In defence of Carson.. He shouldn't have started in such a high profile game. Give him the Austria friendly yeah, fair play, but not the game that decides whether or not we qualify.

Im not sure what he was doing on the first goal, i think(and im sure im right) it was 100% nerves. He didn't even attempt to stop the 2nd, and the 3rd.. Well, any 'good' goalkeeper would normally save, Carson is known for shot stopping abilities..and fails to stop. With regards to his save from the header.. the corner was 4/12,5 yards out, Carson has to come for it!! The fact he didn't and made a pin point save was probably destiny. Its not all his fault though, awful defence, Gerrard looked completely lafargic throughout, didn't rate Lampards performance either. Crouch never gave up, but wasn't enough. Mclarens selection was ridiculous. Were out.

If you was STEVE McCLAREN you would certainly quit after that disater of a European campaign. But he wont he will wait until he is fired then will reap in all the compensation coming his way. And its not just his fault there are some players in the squad who should only be playing club football

This has been coming for years. We know McLaren was the wrong choice from the beginning but of course the FA bosses know more about football than the average fan. I think not. McClaren hasn't got the decency to resign and the FA haven't the guts to sack him.

No the problem is more serious than having a useless manager its the game itself in this country that is the problem.

1. We allow foreign owners to come into our country and buy up the top clubs.

2. We allow foreign managers to come into this country to manage our top clubs.

When a club is owned by a foreigner and they employ a foreign manager then we will get one thing and one thing only, a number of Arsene Wengers.

His job is the club, not England, the owners want one thing profit from a successful club who brings in any player they want from around the world to do it. They have absolutely no interest in the state of the game in England.

So out there in the real world what can we do about it.

My opinion is that McClaren is sacked, not given the chance to resign.

The FA needs a complete clearout. We don't want another adminstrator like Barwick we need football people running the game.

Inform the clubs, UEFA and FIFA that as from 1st January 2008 any club in this country will be restricted to having a maximum of foreign players. All English gum chewing nobody coaches should be fired and proper coaches brought in from abroad. We don't need any one to tell a player about passion, they should already have it. We want coaches who can teach the players the technical skills. Even at the highest level we only have one player who can actually control a ball properly equally as good with his left foot and his right foot and that is David Beckham and he is in the latter part of his career. We just do not despite the millions being ploughed into the sport produce these quality skilled players

It's a massive wake up call, this country is one big honey pot which every man and his dog seems to come to this country to get and then goes back to his own country a very rich man which produces nothing for English football.

What a crap few days of football ive had. First I watched St Blazeys woeful display at Ivybridge!!

Then today green blooded Ollie bucks off!! And for Leicester!! Wow....what a step up, sorry.....DOWN!!!

Then we have England, thrown a lifeline that no one could have hoped for a few days ago.....and we feck that up!!

I heard a few blame the pitch on 5 live.......TOSH!!!

Were just rubbish. Croatia played some stunning football on that pitch.....says it all.

England players.....should be people who are ALL leaders, can use BOTH feet, run their socks off to win games, pass the bloody thing and show true grit!!

Well were are these players??

Lescott.......PLEASE!!

Bridge.......Ya avin a laugh surly!!

Campbell....sold 2 years ago because he wasnt good for a top 4 prem side, says it all.

Lampard.....Dont get me started!!

Time to root out the old farts at the F.A and start fresh!!

English football is in a woeful period!!!

Pissed right off, rant over!!! :wacko:

I'm just glad the pub i was in tonight didn't have a tv (prob the only pub in the country), and i had no phone signal (no updates) so i won my darts (no distractions) and didn't find out how poo we were until after the game, i had to get the barman to call someone to find out. :D :drink:

I'm just glad the pub i was in tonight didn't have a tv (prob the only pub in the country), and i had no phone signal (no updates) so i won my darts (no distractions) and didn't find out how poo we were until after the game, i had to get the barman to call someone to find out. :D:drink:

Same again for you new years day then Anita :yahoo:

Guest Cornishdave1980

Well at least it was exciting, except MOtson showing the same league table over and over!!!!!

A few points i picked up on, espically last night was the lack of a plan B, once again everything was directed at the big man, Englands only decent performance, but were not playing against Macedonia or Andorra we were playing against a strong, experienced Croatia team.

Secondly as commentating on buig players disappeared, I dont remember the commentator mentioning Fat Frank in the first half, but i bet you he scores 2 and gets MOM on the weekend.

My last comment and probably most important is the state of english football, McClarens supposed plan B was to bring on 2 strikers who between them have only started 5 games for club. That is a clear sign the something needs to be done about the stucture of clubs in England, i say we need that rule about home grwon players brought in sooner becuase if yuo down the youth teams there isnt a huge bundle of talent coming through.

NOw its time to look at teams shirts and pick a country to follow next summer.

:angry:

Regretfully,the Football shambles is also a reflection of what is going on throughout every walk of life in this Country with the uncontrolled influx of good and bad from elsewhere in the World.

As regards the Footie,you do not need to look far to realise that the FA itself needs a good shake up from top to Grassroots bottom.

Guest Doomer17

What a crap few days of football ive had. First I watched St Blazeys woeful display at Ivybridge!!

Then today green blooded Ollie bucks off!! And for Leicester!! Wow....what a step up, sorry.....DOWN!!!

Then we have England, thrown a lifeline that no one could have hoped for a few days ago.....and we feck that up!!

I heard a few blame the pitch on 5 live.......TOSH!!!

Were just rubbish. Croatia played some stunning football on that pitch.....says it all.

England players.....should be people who are ALL leaders, can use BOTH feet, run their socks off to win games, pass the bloody thing and show true grit!!

Well were are these players??

Lescott.......PLEASE!!

Bridge.......Ya avin a laugh surly!!

Campbell....sold 2 years ago because he wasnt good for a top 4 prem side, says it all.

Lampard.....Dont get me started!!

Time to root out the old farts at the F.A and start fresh!!

English football is in a woeful period!!!

Pissed right off, rant over!!! :wacko:

Completely agree with you Paul. But, i don't believe we sold Campbell because hes past it, he had an awful game, as did the crop you mentioned and 3/4 more of them.

Its just shambolic, what can you say? Some of them were like fish out of water. How can, hoofing a ball 60 yards onto a 9ft'ers head be 'good football'! Why start with Wright-Phillips if you need somebody to get the ball onto Crouches head? Why start a goalkeeper whos only played once for england, in an unimportant friendly, which will now have a not so great effect on his career! So many questions, the biggest one is when is Mclaren going! My opinion, get Hoddle back. I know its not going to happen, but would love to see him back. Other than Wenger, my fave manager.

Guest Peppermint

Total shambles. Great posting by ECPL. Many valid points that should be taken on board by the faceless ones at the FA.

I have to agree with the Chairman that the posting by Paparazzi does nothing for anyone and is completely uncalled for by an Englishman[i presume]. How can anyone make statements like that.

All of us [except one] are totally shell shocked and disappointed and the appointment of McClaren was a disaster waiting to happen from the start.

An absolute shambles of a qualification programme.

1) everybody in England knows that Lampard & Gerrard can't play together my 12 year old daughter said it last night and my dog barked something along those lines so why do people keep on playing them it should be 1 or the other (my choice would be Gerrard).

2) If you are going to play that useless lump crouch up there you need somebody to play off him to get on the end of his flicks towards the goalkeeper, also what is the point of playing Crouch and not playing Beckham who is the best passer and crosser of the ball in the world, instead we play lips wright phillips who is notorious for his terrible end product (that is not opinion it is fact). apart from his goal all crouch did was head the ball back to there keeper and fall over a bit.

3) McClaren has been very unlucky with injuries but he should have had enough managment qualities to get us through one of the weakest groups we have ever been in. also mcClaren can only send the players out there they are all professional footballers who you would like to think can pass a ball ten yards to feet then move into space for a return ball, instead of twatting it 50 yards in the hope crouch can knock it on to nobody where are the brains where are the skills that makes these players think they are entitled to earn upwards of £50,000 a bastard week and represent the country.

the only answer i can see is a cap on foriegn players i would say 6 of the playing 11 have to be english that way you would still get the cream and you would get rid of the run of the mill johnny foreigner

i am pissed right off

mac

:angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2: :angry2:

Over the last 20 Years this Country(once GREAT)has been let down by a series of inferior MPs and an inferior FA propped up by the same sort of OLD BOYS network.

We chase the elite,spend Billions on trying to stage this, that and the other damn thing to flatter the same egoes,forgetting the Kids in the streets bursting to play anything,let alone getting to a World Cup or Olympic Games.

The National game sees Girls playing in Boys teams at School,lack of Coaches and good facilities and no real structure to it all.

This has been coming for years. We know McLaren was the wrong choice from the beginning but of course the FA bosses know more about football than the average fan. I think not. McClaren hasn't got the decency to resign and the FA haven't the guts to sack him.

No the problem is more serious than having a useless manager its the game itself in this country that is the problem.

1. We allow foreign owners to come into our country and buy up the top clubs.

2. We allow foreign managers to come into this country to manage our top clubs.

When a club is owned by a foreigner and they employ a foreign manager then we will get one thing and one thing only, a number of Arsene Wengers.

His job is the club, not England, the owners want one thing profit from a successful club who brings in any player they want from around the world to do it. They have absolutely no interest in the state of the game in England.

So out there in the real world what can we do about it.

My opinion is that McClaren is sacked, not given the chance to resign.

The FA needs a complete clearout. We don't want another adminstrator like Barwick we need football people running the game.

Inform the clubs, UEFA and FIFA that as from 1st January 2008 any club in this country will be restricted to having a maximum of foreign players. All English gum chewing nobody coaches should be fired and proper coaches brought in from abroad. We don't need any one to tell a player about passion, they should already have it. We want coaches who can teach the players the technical skills. Even at the highest level we only have one player who can actually control a ball properly equally as good with his left foot and his right foot and that is David Beckham and he is in the latter part of his career. We just do not despite the millions being ploughed into the sport produce these quality skilled players

It's a massive wake up call, this country is one big honey pot which every man and his dog seems to come to this country to get and then goes back to his own country a very rich man which produces nothing for English football.

ECPL what are you on about? You slag off foriegn managers & foreign owners and you say we should limit the amount of foreign players then you say we should sack the English coaches and bring in foreign ones. I know emotions were probably running a bit high when you posted this last night but don't you think that's a bit inconsistent?

Maybe we should put a cap on the ridiculous amount of money our players are paid and get clubs to invest in a 'kitty' for improving coaching at the lower levels - no offence to any managers/coaches on here but how many of you are actually qualified coaches? Anyone and his mum can get an FA level 1 coaching certificate (I know cos I've got one myself) but the progression to level 2 and 3 is out of many peoples reach because of the time & travel involved. If coaches could be trained at a more local level this benefit can be passed onto the kids and brought through to junior and senior levels.

That's my two penn'orth anyway - I'm going to lie down in a dark room now with a cloth on my head! :wacko:

Sorry you didn't get the point Ronin.

My posting was a measured one. My argument about foreign players is valid, as well as our useless coaches who if they were any good then we would have very good technically eficient players. Hence get rid of these so called coaches who only stay in the game because they cant leave it. They may get the certificates which really should be written on toilet paper but they quickly revert to type once they get the job. They are like actors who never slags off another actor and they are all great.

Why is it that everyone and I mean everyone who is English says foreign players are more skillfull than ours. ARE WE ALL WRONG. For goodness sake it must be something wrong with our coaching skills it is not rocket science.

I never would have thought that I would agree with Jordan the Crystal Palace chairman when he slags off not only the overpaid players but the plainly uselss coaches.

Football needs to be completely re-organised from top to bottom which must mean getting rid of the suits not just at the top but all the way down the gravy chain and start all over again.

We talk about our great football history. We don't have one. We won the world cup at home due to a dodgy goal 40 years ago but since then absolutely sod all. We must be thick at paying out a fortune to watch all the foreign stars in the premier division and then wonder why we cant field a half decent England team. Put it this way why aren't the Italy's and Spains of this world trying to attract our best players. Its simply because we don't have any.

This is a very sad period for our game. But what do we here from the FA. We will conduct a root and branches review with immediate effect, from the very people who are the problem. The chief Executive has been given responsibility to indentify a new head Coach. Hello out there in noddy land FA we want a manager not a coach we employ the coaches to carry out his bidding. So nothing will change. And we will still believe we can win every match we play.

I totally agree with the point you're making ECPL and i think you're absolutely right. You just seemed to be contradicting yourself that's all - sorry for speaking out, I'll shut up now :blink: ;)

Guest Doomer17

Please get Hoddle back!! The man is a legend. People probably think im crazy, but im telling you all he is the man that can and would of this time round lead us to success. He loves football, he knows his football. I would do anything to see him take over England

Guest postman pat

i have been involved in youth football for a few years and the kids in cornwall are getting more coaching now than i ever did. if you go to any adults clubs training sessions the players doing the simple things are the youngsters. most of them are prepared to use both feet and are trying more tricks than paul daniels.but this takes years to filter thru.once the base of the triangle gets bigger then the better players will start to filter thru.i do agree with more money in coaching i would like to move on from level 1 but do not have the time or money and there must be hundreds of coaches like us out there.forget the bigwigs and thier swarays and improve the grassroots :c:

What must cringe everyone is that Thompson the FA chairman has gone through four failed managers. Barwick, what a lovely guy he is, you know the one who thought he had got Scalari, then chose McClaren as an after thought, is now solely responsible for finding our next manager. What the hell does he know about football management apart from administration. And McClaren does as he is told, and says nothing at his press conference so that he can pick up his £2.5 million.

I would suggest that every manager busts a gut in an attempt to get the job, **** it up incur the wrath of the press, get the sack and pick up millions severence play.

This people is the BIG WAKE UP CALL Look at the debacle at Argyle as Holloword (you know the one with green blood flowing through his veins) goes to Leicester for the money. My suggestion. Forget professional football and watch your local team. It costs you peanuts and you can have a pint with new friends.

Is there anyway way the FA can be disbanded?

Guest crosser

First off on the subject of foreign players restricting english talent absolute tosh, ok there maybe a smaller pool of english players in the premier league but the quality of these players should be good enough to get us through. Because I'm bored here is a list of english players in the premier league taken from the top of my head so I have probably missed some.

Arsenal= walcott

Aston villa= carson, barry, young, Agbonlahor, Reo-coker

Birmingham = ??????

Blackburn= dunn, bentley

Bolton= nolan

Chelsea= A.Cole, J.cole, terry, Lampard, wright phillips, sidwell, bridge

derby=?????

Everton= lescott, neville, johnson, baines

Fulham=?????

Liverpool= Carragher, gerrard, pennant, crouch,

Man City= richards, johnson, vassell

Man Utd= neville, ferdinand, rooney, brown, hargreaves, carrick, scholes, foster

boro= woodgate, downing,

newcastle= owen, milner, butt, smith, barton

pompey= james, johnson, taylor, nugent

reading= shorey, lita, kitson

sunderland= richardson

spurs= Robinson, jenas, king, defoe, bent, dawson, lennon

west ham= Green, wright, upson, noble, ashton, parker, dyer

wigan= heskey, kirkland

Now those are just taken off the top of my head but there's about 60 there, there are bound to be some that i have missed. If you are telling me out of 60 players playing in the premier league that you can't get a squad/team out of that lot, that can go out and perform then you are having a laugh.

before anybody says but a lot of those players were injured suspended for the game against croatia, he should have still been able to put a side out that performed better than it did last night.

ECPL you have confused me with foreign owners=foreign manager=foreign side arguably the side with the least english players are arsenal who have a foreign manger but are they not owend by brits at the moment. Of all the other foreign owned clubs some have foreign managers but these were appointed before the foreign owners took over so i'm not sure on what you are basig that fact.

On subject of a limit on non english players that ain't going to happen unless england withdraw from the EU.

One last thing I've asked before and I will ask it again which of these three clubs fielded the first all non english 11 Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool, if you can get the year right you will know the to many foreigners is a myth.

Bloody hell I feel like coopsie :D

But how many of them have the skills and the quality of some of those Croation players? Lets face facts, we just cant pass the ball with the control and the touch that teams like Croatia can. Dosnt matter how crap the pitch was, we just havnt got it!!! Im starting to think that Gerrard is a good player, but a world class player when he has the likes of Torres and Alonso to name a couple who are able to read his game and have the control to take advantage of his long range passing. With England, he looks average at times. Still, his average is better than others poor effort!!

Last nights result was probably the best thing that could of happened to english football for some time. It got rid of a manager who had little idea how to actually manage an international side. He showed little passion for the game and I think just lost the plot when picking players to fit into the formations he wanted to play, basically putting round objects into square holes.

The FA will now have to look for an experienced international manager who will have to rebuild a side that has little standing amongst the international community. So do not be suprised if they pick some bloke from outer mongolia. It is about time that the FA was run by those who actually have played the game at the highest level.

In regards to the performance of the players last night, I do not know if it was me but it felt like a friendly as if nothing rested on it and that our players had already qualified. No one played well, Bridge was shocking as was the whole of the back four, the midfield was non existant, was Lampard and Gerrard actually on the pitch? The debate in regards to who should play Lampard or Gerrard, after last nights show neither.

I have read alot of stuff on this website in regards who to blame and what we should do to change it. Well the real reason we lost is because we as a nation are no longer winners. We do not know how to win, it seems the good old upper lip and we will fight them on the beaches no longer exists in our society,we are quite happy to be second best when it comes to sport, and there is nothing better for us but to fail because then we can moan about it. I hate to say this but we need to look down under when it comes to sport and the way they are able to produce winners.

Guest crosser

But how many of them have the skills and the quality of some of those Croation players? Lets face facts, we just cant pass the ball with the control and the touch that teams like Croatia can. Dosnt matter how crap the pitch was, we just havnt got it!!! Im starting to think that Gerrard is a good player, but a world class player when he has the likes of Torres and Alonso to name a couple who are able to read his game and have the control to take advantage of his long range passing. With England, he looks average at times. Still, his average is better than others poor effort!!

I don't believe that ok some of the players I mentioned might not have the skills of the croation players, but a lot of it comes down to how they are sent out to play, i have heard a lot today about how you can't blame the manager some of its got to rest with the players, but what was the point of the freindly on friday night? surely if he knew he was going to play a different formation to what recently had got him some good results you put out the starting eleven in that game that were going to play against croatia so they can get used to it.

The best football I have seen an england team play was under Venables and Hoddle, and seen as Venables was involved with Maclaren I'm not sure what role he was actually playing, but in my eye's the england side under maclaren was pretty similar to the boro side he had not very interesting to watch and very dull.

That is why it is so important that the next manager of england is the right one someone with a proven track record of getting the best out of the players. We have'nt turned into a bad side overnight we have just been badly coached/managed a half decent manager should have been able to get england through that group

Question....Do we really want a non english manager?

Im not one whos to against the idea, but I believe all countrys should be managed by one of their own!!

Else you might as well have foreign players to surly!!

My choice....Martin Oneil. :drink:

Philpy could do it on a part time basis I supose!!

No he is Northern Irish. Therefore do we count him as foreign. Personal preference old Harry would make a great England manager. Able to motivate, understands the english way of thinking and is pretty tactically sound, also he can get average players to play well.

I no hes not English, but not far off shall we say. Hes done well everywhere hes been. Expierence in Europe. Deals with the press well. Just got something about him. Think hed do well. Harry Redknapp has always done well, but he hasnt much European expierence. Gona be a hard call what ever.

Depends on the group we get and who is the manager. We can't do any worse than we have done, the one good thing about the world cup is alot of the U21 will be more experienced by then so we should have a really good squad to pick from.

Lets hope the FA do learn form the last 15 months.

Guest crosser

it now gets worse, FIFA have redone the wrold rankings before the world cup draw and we are now ranked 12, which now puts us in the second pot which means we will now probably face the likes italy, germany, france etc

full story here

The current archetypal England footballer has this sort of mentality:-

"Hi, my name is Baby Bentley Bling and I am a professional footballer. My girlfriend/wife is a topless model/girl band singer and I live in a 6 bedroom mansion in Essex. I earn £100,000 a week basic salary for playing for Mugs Town and I have 6 cars to drive. My Agent has got me a deal, to sell disposable razor blades, at £1 million per year and the OK magazine is paying me £500,000 to have sole rights to take pictures of my forthcoming operation to remove my ingrown toenail. Oh, and by the way I play for England."

Rewind to when Terry Butcher pulled on the famous England shirt:-

"I am Terry Butcher and I am deeply honoured to play for my beloved Country. I will run through brick walls to ensure that we win. We might not be the most gifted team buy My God you had better be prepared to get hurt if you want to come through me. We will not surrender."

What happened before the last World Cup? We had Ferdinand on TV showing pranks against his team mates. We also had the Beckham party and they all lorded it up with pop stars et al. They all want to be celebrities first, stinking rich second, play for a CL Club third and way down the list they will want to play for England.

Instead of playing "Billy Big Balls" they would have been better off going to the Normandy Beaches and visiting the War Graves - that would have instilled humility into them all and made them realise that it is an HONOUR to represent your Country.

How about going to the Falklands? Taking a trip to the South Atlantic would not only be a tremendous PR job for the England Team but it would also make these wimps realise what it means for so many to be English. If they stood in front of the San Carlos Memorial for just one minute they would never, ever pull out of any tackle whilst playing for England. They would be fired up with fervour and passion and be proud to be able to wear the England shirt.

when the great Jack Charlton (another true and proud Englishman) back in the 70`s was manager at Sheffield Wednesday - he took his whole squad to the CTCRM (Royal Marines Training Centre at Lympstone). The purpose was to show them what real fitness was all about plus he wanted to make sure that they knew just how lucky they were to be professional footballers. They mixed with guys who put their lives on the line on a daily basis and all for the love of their Country - they got paid peanuts compared to footballers.

Whoever becomes the new England Head Coach/Manager I hope that they realise what comes first in representing your Country. Instead of putting them in a 5 star luxury hotel for training sessions, try taking them to the Brecon Beacons for a few days and let the Paras take them on a few "tabs". Or drop them off at Dartmoor and let the "Bootnecks" take them on a "yomp" or two. They might not become better footballers but they sure as hell would know what representing your Country should be all about.

The England Rugby Union Team showed what passion and pride was all about so it is about time that the gutless, pampered and overpaid Prima Donnas that call themselves an England Team grew some balls. :angry2:

On wednesday night you disgraced yourselves, you disgraced the shirt and you disgraced your Country. You should all be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves but no doubt you will all write a book about it and blame everybody, and everything, else as to why you are all cowards.

SORRY GUYS, RANT OVER. :c:

Coopsie,

Well said mate. It is a shame that your rant will never be read by those who need to read it. Being an ex serviceman myself I think it would be good for these over paid soft panzies to find out what earning your money means, especially sending them off with the booties as they would get on with each other like a house on fire both have only one cell brains. (before anyone takes offence ref booties I served over 9 years in the mob as a skimmer)

What you want to do coopsie is send your rant to the national papers like the Sun or the News of the screws I am sure they would print it and probably take it one step further.