Cornwall Football Forum

Fal town 3rds vs illogan

Game postponed at 2-1 to illogan 80 mins played due to a very nasty town leg break! 

It it was a freak accident not really any bad tackles in the game at all and must say fair play to all the illogan lads (players) who done as much as they could to help out with the situation! 

There manager on the other hand after being told we had a player with a broken leg said can't we role him off? Then obviously this enraged some of the town players who after just seeing a bloke who is one of the nicest and most helpful blokes I've ever met with a nasty leg break confronted the manager who was then offering everyone around the back for a fight! A complete let down to his team who are genuinely really nice lads! 

Once again a massive thanks to all the illogan players who did all they could and shut there manager up once they knew what was going on! 

Good luck for the rest of the season! 

13 minutes ago, ian beale said:

Game postponed at 2-1 to illogan 80 mins played due to a very nasty town leg break! 

It it was a freak accident not really any bad tackles in the game at all and must say fair play to all the illogan lads (players) who done as much as they could to help out with the situation! 

There manager on the other hand after being told we had a player with a broken leg said can't we role him off? Then obviously this enraged some of the town players who after just seeing a bloke who is one of the nicest and most helpful blokes I've ever met with a nasty leg break confronted the manager who was then offering everyone around the back for a fight! A complete let down to his team who are genuinely really nice lads! 

Once again a massive thanks to all the illogan players who did all they could and shut there manager up once they knew what was going on! 

Good luck for the rest of the season! 

I'm the Manager I'd like to put my point across don't want a slanging match I thought there was bit of clash didnt know the severity at all that I apologise, Few Falmouth players approached me as I entered the field and I did get bit heated !!! I completely apologise  that I didn't realise what had happened... I completely send my best wishes to the player and hopefully not as bad as it sounded after hearing from players nearby, Maybe I should of thought of potential severity of the injury before thinking about the game continuing... Everyone will probably jump on this post but I've said my bit on it again maybe I should of thought of what could of been before making a comment about game continuing but that's just a personal error in judgement from myself, again send best wishes of speedy recovery to the chap 

11 minutes ago, erby ruin said:

Feel bad for the player in question as it was a challenge in the air from me that caused the injury 

Feeling really bad and hope the recovery is quick

I dont think anyone thinks there was any malice in the tackle just a really bad freak accident. (Our 2nd this season in evening games)  Thanks for all you boys did to help. 

Hate hearing when any player suffers a break having had a couple myself and seen a few others over the years. Pete, don't blame yourself, anyone who knows you will know that it was an accident. My worst moment in my almost 40 years in football was breaking my friend Dennis Annears leg. 50/50 ball on a wet surface we just collided, Den ended up breaking his tib and fib and I did my medial knee ligaments. Really affected me for ages, of all the keepers I played against week in week out in Cornwall and Devon and I break my mates leg!! Just get back on the horse so to speak Pete, and try and put it behind you, best wishes to the Town player, hope you come back even stronger after your recovery ?⚽

9 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Hate hearing when any player suffers a break having had a couple myself and seen a few others over the years. Pete, don't blame yourself, anyone who knows you will know that it was an accident. My worst moment in my almost 40 years in football was breaking my friend Dennis Annears leg. 50/50 ball on a wet surface we just collided, Den ended up breaking his tib and fib and I did my medial knee ligaments. Really affected me for ages, of all the keepers I played against week in week out in Cornwall and Devon and I break my mates leg!! Just get back on the horse so to speak Pete, and try and put it behind you, best wishes to the Town player, hope you come back even stronger after your recovery ?⚽

Appreciate it bud .. was truly gutted when it happened and still a bit down bout it now and my next game is a county cup final on Sunday so need pick myself up for it

These are the sort of instances that cannot be helped and I take my hat off to those (more mature) players and personnel who helped this man out,!!!! Speedy recovery to the injured gentleman.

Edited by Dave Deacon
Apology by manager has been posted and so no point making the situation worse.

Obviously we were involved at the beginning of the season when one of the Town players suffered an unfortunate leg break. Never like to hear about a player breaking a leg because as we all know we don't get paid to play and it now means the player losing out on work and money! Just like to say we hope the player involved has a speedy recovery and Comes back stronger, thats from everyone involved at Mawnan.

16 hours ago, Manager. said:

Very sad to hear this. I hope he's on the mend. What was the outcome of the game then. Will they have a chance to replay the game?? Or do the points go to illogan as it finished after a certain time in the match?

I hear that Illogan have donated their points to Mabe as they need them to try and catch Penwith for the title .

1 hour ago, GEACH1 said:

i hear that illogan have donated there points to mabe as they need them to try and catch penwith for the title .

Not really the topic to start a grudge match in 

We have Mabe twice in 3 days and we will see then what happens 

Any news on the extent of the injury

No idea on the outcome as 80 played but our guy told league it was 2-1 before being abandoned in 80 and since then result put as 2-1 on the site

Just looked and the site now updated as A-A so no idea 

48 minutes ago, erby ruin said:

Not really the topic to start a grudge match in 

We have Mabe twice in 3 days and we will see then what happens 

Any news on the extent of the injury

No idea on the outcome as 80 played but our guy told league it was 2-1 before being abandoned in 80 and since then result put as 2-1 on the site

Just looked and the site now updated as A-A so no idea 

The league will make a decision baef on the information they have. Personally I think a rematch is the fairest thing as a lot can happen in ten minutes and when I was there it was a very even game. Time will tell.

Hope the player makes a speedy and full recovery - clearly unintentional Pete and good to see the manager (stokefan1) come on a forum and apologise for actions at the time  

Fairly sure the FA rules are that a game must have two equal halves, there is nothing about how long has been played - therefore any abandonment would mean a replay. However I do think a team can concede - rarely happens. 

7 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Hope the player makes a speedy and full recovery - clearly unintentional Pete and good to see the manager (stokefan1) come on a forum and apologise for actions at the time  

Fairly sure the FA rules are that a game must have two equal halves, there is nothing about how long has been played - therefore any abandonment would mean a replay. However I do think a team can concede - rarely happens. 

This is the rule so would say a replay on the cards

v. In the event of a match not being played or abandoned owing to causes over which neither Club has control, it shall be played in its entirety on a date to be mutually agreed by the two Clubs and approved by the Management Committee. Failing such agreement and notification to the Fixtures Secretary within 14 days the Management Committee shall have power to order the match to be played on a named date or on or before a given date. The Rules governing postponements are at Rule 10f(vii) below.

Speedy recovery to the player who suffered the unfortunate injury. Leg cask over the summer always a cracking tan line