Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Result April 3rd

Division 3

Frogpool Reserves 1-0 St Day Thirds

A decent but scrappy game at the Richard Jory Playing field.

An extremely even first half saw Frogpool waste a few very good chances on the counter attack but St Day dominated the majority of possession and had a couple of opportunities themselves. Our game plan to sit reasonably deep and counter attack with balls through the channels seemed to be working.

The goal came from a freak corner, Charlie Martin's delivery curled into the top corner,  no hope for the St Day keeper who had an impressive game as always.

St Day dominated possession for the following 40 minutes, but for all their possession, they failed to create any real clear cut opportunities which I think was credit to our boys who defended extemely well for the entirety of the game. St Day were limited to crosses from deep which were expertly handled by Lewis Bax and Sam Bromley at centre back as well as Kyren Coulls in goal.

Ashley Johnson struck the post for the hosts on the counter attack but the majority of the play was St Day's. Despite the possession, I was extremely happy with the team performance. Everyone dug deep to defend against a very strong St Day side, and although they had the ball I didn't ever feel like we were going to concede.

All the best to St Day, good bunch of lads.

Well refereed by Marc Rose ? who was outstanding.

St Day res 1-4 West Cornwall

4-0 up at half time through Ed Huckfield, Archie Condie, Jordan Knuckey and Chris Prout. Dominated the 1st half, 2nd half came out and took our foot off the gas. Credit to the young Saints side though, they could easily have given up but came out and had a real go. Their goal came via a clearance from our CB smashing into an onrushing striker which flew into the top corner! No chance for me, had to chuckle really! 

Glad to come away with another 3 points. Onto next Tuesday now with a Dunn Cup semi final vs Lizard at Wendron.

Other results:

Premier - St.Day 1  West Cornwall 4

Div 1 - Helston 6   Mullion 1

Perranporth 1 St.Agnes 4

Rosudgeon 2  Hayle 1

Div 2 - Goonhavern 0  Frogpool 1

Illogan 11 Storm 0

Div 3 - Ludgvan 2  St.Just 2

Div 4 - Newbridge 3  Carharrack  6

Trelawny League Division 3: Ludgvan Reserves 2-2 St Just Reserves

A late goal forced Ludgvan to settle for a point at Fair Field.

After the assigned referee failed to turn up (he didn't know about it apparently), Nicky Stevens took the whistle so a big thanks to him for that.

St Just took the lead inside the opening 15 minutes after a long ball over the top wasn't adequately dealt with by the Hurlers' back four, but the home side drew level before the break after top scorer Michael Fitchett latched on to a defence-splitting pass and cooly applied the finish.

Ludgvan were dictating the game towards the end of the first half and carried it on after the break; they got their reward when Fitchett notched his second after some good work from Jamie Robinson down the right-hand side.

The Hurlers continued to press and created a number of opportunities to increase their advantage, but were ultimately made to pay when St Just found an equaliser with less than five minutes remaining.

A point is probably a decent return against what was a strong St Just side but in all honesty it felt like two points dropped.

The games are coming thick and fast now as we prepare to host Four Lanes on Wednesday evening and St Day on Saturday.

5 minutes ago, wedding280991 said:

I know the referee who is reffing ludgvan v four lanes tomorrow and he had an email from Sue at Ludgvan but it contained no message so maybe a problem with her emails

NOT BUYING THAT! is receiving a blank email from a football team, maybe like having a missing call on your phone?.......you return it and find out what they wanted?? not just ignore it!

Does the referee not receive an email from full time with the game info on it as well? 

7 hours ago, B Manning said:

Hurler, of course the referee knew about the game, especially as your secretary would have contacted him and confirmed the game with him. 

All I know is when our manager phoned him at 6:30 yesterday evening he said he didn't know about it.

6 hours ago, wedding280991 said:

I know the referee who is reffing ludgvan v four lanes tomorrow and he had an email from Sue at Ludgvan but it contained no message so maybe a problem with her emails

Surely if that was the case he'd think something along the lines of: "Ludgvan's secretary has sent me an email, maybe I'm refereeing one of their games soon. I should probably get in touch to find out if it's that or if she's just emailed me by mistake." Or is that just me!?

17 minutes ago, wedding280991 said:

He knew it was about his game and replied to sue saying no message but ok for game on Wednesday evening

Fair play. I was referring to the referee who was meant to be there last night though, should the same thing have happened with the emails. Anyway, the game went ahead regardless so it's done now.

1 hour ago, Mr Mo said:

NOT BUYING THAT! is receiving a blank email from a football team, maybe like having a missing call on your phone?.......you return it and find out what they wanted?? not just ignore it!

Does the referee not receive an email from full time with the game info on it as well? 

Referee in question should receive an email notification from full-time as well.

Goonhavern 0 Frogpool 1

Back to winning ways at a windy reen manor. Frogpool started brightly against the wind and created some good chances including the winning goal from Kevin Smith shooting low across the keeper into the bottom corner.
Scrappy game but everyone worked hard for each other and came away with the 1 nil win. Plenty of challenges. Goonhavern hit the post and had a 1 on 1 excellently saved by Lee booker in the second half. Tim reeks having a good game in the middle. He was happy with everything it seemed haha

1 hour ago, AJ715 said:

Newbridge 3-6 Carharrack Reserves. Newbridge goals Nico Lane (Pen) x2, Jordan Whaley. Unfortunaly one of our strikers came off with a broken collar bone because of a clumsy challenge.

They both challenged for the ball in the air and your player landed awkwardly, the ref gave a drop ball and your player (with no moans) kicked it back.  Wasn't any clumsiness at all. 

7 hours ago, Tempo said:

Division 3

Frogpool Reserves 1-0 St Day Thirds

A decent but scrappy game at the Richard Jory Playing field.

An extremely even first half saw Frogpool waste a few very good chances on the counter attack but St Day dominated the majority of possession and had a couple of opportunities themselves. Our game plan to sit reasonably deep and counter attack with balls through the channels seemed to be working.

The goal came from a freak corner, Charlie Martin's delivery curled into the top corner,  no hope for the St Day keeper who had an impressive game as always.

St Day dominated possession for the following 40 minutes, but for all their possession, they failed to create any real clear cut opportunities which I think was credit to our boys who defended extemely well for the entirety of the game. St Day were limited to crosses from deep which were expertly handled by Lewis Bax and Sam Bromley at centre back as well as Kyren Coulls in goal.

Ashley Johnson struck the post for the hosts on the counter attack but the majority of the play was St Day's. Despite the possession, I was extremely happy with the team performance. Everyone dug deep to defend against a very strong St Day side, and although they had the ball I didn't ever feel like we were going to concede.

All the best to St Day, good bunch of lads.

Well refereed by Marc Rose ? who was outstanding.

Tempo, what happens if Frogpool Reserves finish the season in top two position. Do you get promoted to Div 2 and Frogpool  first X1 relegated to Div 3?

5 hours ago, Hurler said:

Fair play. I was referring to the referee who was meant to be there last night though, should the same thing have happened with the emails. Anyway, the game went ahead regardless so it's done now.

Not in any way blaming Sue as when ever I have refereed at Ludgvan her communication has always been spot. She would even message me if a game was in doubt

Frogpool won't get relegated from Division 2. Well, not this season anyway. It's a complete farce if we do. Realistically, the lowest we'll finish is 10th. That's 4th from bottom. There definitely won't be 4 teams getting relegated. It'll be harsh if the Reserves get promoted but can't go up. Because if you finish in the promotion places then it's only natural you go up, as that is what you've earned, the right to be in a higher division. However, unfortunately that won't be the case. Unless of course the First Team ever got promoted to Division 1 or relegated to Division 3.

4 minutes ago, JENGLE said:

Frogpool won't get relegated from Division 2. Well, not this season anyway. It's a complete farce if we do. Realistically, the lowest we'll finish is 10th. That's 4th from bottom. There definitely won't be 4 teams getting relegated. It'll be harsh if the Reserves get promoted but can't go up. Because if you finish in the promotion places then it's only natural you go up, as that is what you've earned, the right to be in a higher division. However, unfortunately that won't be the case. Unless of course the First Team ever got promoted to Division 1 or relegated to Division 3.

Or they just swap the squads around if they believe seconds are stronger than first team?

But I don't believe that's the case it's just unlucky and frogpool reserve will just have to keep plugging away until firsts earn promotion too!!! but finishing in top 2 of div3 won't be easy this year tough looking competitive league 

1 hour ago, skippy said:

Tempo, what happens if Frogpool Reserves finish the season in top two position. Do you get promoted to Div 2 and Frogpool  first X1 relegated to Div 3?

I don't think we will anyway. Firsts won't get finish below 10th either. We can't go up while they're in the division above either. So basically we don't have to worry about it this season anyway. As for the strength of the squads, well it's up for debate, I believe on our day at full strength we can beat almost anyone in junior football. But yeah, I'm not too worried about next season yet anyway, the focus is on our cup semi-final and finishing as high up the league table as possible. 

Frogpool can't get relegated Newquay pulled out back in October so only 1 going down and Storm have finished all their fixtures and have 3 points (Frogpool have 22). As long as all teams above Storm complete all their fixtures and dont invoke a points penalty for not being able to raise a team they are safe. Its up to Chacewater to get a win (or 3 draws) from their final 4 games to avoid being bottom as they should be ok bar any world record breaking spankings on the goal difference front

Scott, more often than not the two teams at Frogpool will play each other in a friendly just before the season starts. You can never read a huge amount in to that though as neither team never normally has their full strength team. However, I do believe that the gap at the moment is the closest it's ever been between the two sides. Anyone who's played the Reserves over the last couple of seasons will know how much of a difficult team they are to beat. That is compared to previous seasons before that anyway.

Tempo, don't be too defeatist! ;) The season is far from over yet. As the table is so tight at the top of Division 3 it's still impossible to tell where anybody will finish. Any of about 5 teams can still win it.

2 hours ago, JENGLE said:

Scott, more often than not the two teams at Frogpool will play each other in a friendly just before the season starts. You can never read a huge amount in to that though as neither team never normally has their full strength team. However, I do believe that the gap at the moment is the closest it's ever been between the two sides. Anyone who's played the Reserves over the last couple of seasons will know how much of a difficult team they are to beat. That is compared to previous seasons before that anyway.

Tempo, don't be too defeatist! ;) The season is far from over yet. As the table is so tight at the top of Division 3 it's still impossible to tell where anybody will finish. Any of about 5 teams can still win it.

I didn't mean to sound defeatist, it's just unlikely with the teams around us having so many games in hand. I'm just happy with how hard the team has worked, we've come a long way since I first took over. 

I see what you mean. The table certainly does favour those around you. And they have got more games to play whereas you have very few left to play. You have come along way for sure. With the current squad, plus additions if you choose to, things will only get better. They can't get worse.

2 hours ago, JENGLE said:

I see what you mean. The table certainly does favour those around you. And they have got more games to play whereas you have very few left to play. You have come along way for sure. With the current squad, plus additions if you choose to, things will only get better. They can't get worse.

I think it'll be tough to keep the squad together, but we'll see.

1 hour ago, Sijames said:

That's what you get for bringing in players instead of loyal locals committed to the cause and not just the short term success ?

If you can find me a squad of 20 keen footballers in Frogpool give me a heads up buddy x

i think most of the players will stay, but some are students who won't be here next year. We'll see ???

On 04/04/2017 at 18:50, Pitty said:

Frogpool can't get relegated Newquay pulled out back in October so only 1 going down and Storm have finished all their fixtures and have 3 points (Frogpool have 22). As long as all teams above Storm complete all their fixtures and dont invoke a points penalty for not being able to raise a team they are safe. Its up to Chacewater to get a win (or 3 draws) from their final 4 games to avoid being bottom as they should be ok bar any world record breaking spankings on the goal difference front

I heard tonight pitty that storm will not finish bottom because Chacewater have not fulfilled some fixtures so have lost points.perhaps nigel can confirm

10 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

I heard tonight pitty that storm will not finish bottom because Chacewater have not fulfilled some fixtures so have lost points.perhaps nigel can confirm

Already reflected in the league table Mr.Pat,in accordance with league procedure.

Storm have now completed their fixtures whilst Chacewater have four to play.