Cornwall Football Forum

Silverbow & Groundshare - and not at Torquay! (combined)

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew this would be the outcome, WE have have been MUGGGED by TRURO CITY OWNERS . he calls me rude in a telephone call last month for talking about the club and falling attendance.  WELL I WAS RIGHT   HE will now asked  that the club be demoted to lower leagues he is a JOKE   and I am sorry to all at TISA when we was told this years ago  HOW right they are . NO wonder he wanted them kept quite.  WELL I hope he  now, and let  the fans  who loves the club run it .

GET PM OUT NOW

16 hours ago, Mikeyburnsey said:

I knew this would be the outcome, WE have have been MUGGGED by TRURO CITY OWNERS . he calls me rude in a telephone call last month for talking about the club and falling attendance.  WELL I WAS RIGHT   HE will now asked  that the club be demoted to lower leagues he is a JOKE   and I am sorry to all at TISA when we was told this years ago  HOW right they are . NO wonder he wanted them kept quite.  WELL I hope he  now, and let  the fans  who loves the club run it .

GET PM OUT NOW

Never thought I would see the day.

Mickey Burns getting compliments on TISA's social media pages.lol

And may I say,well deserved.

Takes balls to admit you may have got something wrong.Fair play.

This is slightly tangental to the discussion, but has a bit of a bearing on what the club might be trying to achieve with Silver Bow. 

How important is it to remain in the National League South? Although it has been a proud time to follow the team as it scaled heights never before reached by a Cornish football team, and the prospect of them getting promoted last season was a tantalising one, I'm not sure it is a priority for me. It is unlikely the club in its current guise could find the resources to compete seriously at the next level up, after all.

If the club was to drop down to the Southern League Premier (or even Division One South and West), but was able to compete more competitively year-in and year-out, would that be such a bad thing?

If the move up to NLS and beyond had prompted a large and lucrative increase in matchday crowds, remaining in this division would be crucial. But, if anything, a proportion of the crowd has melted away, not helped by the unedifying football currently being served up. 

I place greater emphasis on watching the team play entertaining, passionate football than grinding away and achieving nothing for season after season, and it seems likely that last year was an anomaly and the resources are no longer there to repeat it. 

I still believe football clubs should strive for betterment, but this doesn't necessarily mean finishing 17th in NLS is preferable to being (perhaps) top ten in the league below. In my opinion, Truro could put a bit of focus into improving itself in other long-term ways - by working to build a broader fanbase, to improve its links with the local community and widening participation by restarting a reserve team or two.

Anyway, cutting to the chase, I'd still follow Truro if they dropped down a couple of leagues and had to ground share with another (reasonably local) club. Do we need Silver Bow? Would such a facility secure the club's long-term future or simply end up being a millstone around its neck? 

1 hour ago, TruroPostie said:

I'm amazed at the amount of false information being peddled here. So-called Truro City fans, most with their own agendas, Let everybody just take a deep breath and show some patience.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Just now, somersetspur said:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I'm amazed at the amount of false information being peddled here. So-called Truro City fans, most with their own agendas, Let everybody just take a deep breath and show some patience.

Your right.There is a lot of false information around.

Really ?  How much longer for TFC fans have to wait ? These are the people who through thick and thin follow their team , remember it is their team ,   patience ???? They have been answers needed  not more BS .

31 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Really ?  How much longer for TFC fans have to wait ? These are the people who through thick and thin follow their team , remember it is their team ,   patience ???? They have been answers needed  not more BS .

Were they following when they were a mediocre SWL team, struggling in a re-election battle and crowds of 50? Before Kevin Heaney came in with the pound notes and a promise of Football League within ten years?

The people of Truro and indeed Cornwall have shown , by not supporting the club by attending matches, that , in reality, there is little appetite for anything more than SWL football.

The fact that Truro City have made it to National League South without any substantial local support shows just how much the current regime have shouldered responsibilities that at most other clubs are shared with supporters. The city of Truro does not deserve a club playing at the current level.

11 minutes ago, TruroPostie said:

The people of Truro and indeed Cornwall have shown , by not supporting the club by attending matches, that , in reality, there is little appetite for anything more than SWL football.

The fact that Truro City have made it to National League South without any substantial local support shows just how much the current regime have shouldered responsibilities that at most other clubs are shared with supporters. The city of Truro does not deserve a club playing at the current level.

Or another way to look at it is that the owners, by divorcing the club from the community and failing to develop any kind of commercial activity beyond matchday therefore making the club unsustainable and taking the easy money from developers which to a large extent, funded the club until the start of this season have proved, that they are not fit and proper people to run a football club.  The alienation of loyal supporters is totally their fault.

Reserve team,shafted.

Youth set up discarded.

Ladies team kicked into touch.

Terrible Club PR,no commercial enterprise.

Employees booted out of jobs.

No social events,at the Club house,which is only opened up on match days.

Sacked one of TCFC best managers after achieving Truro's highest ever League position.

Oh yes,this current regime are really shouldering responsibilities

Good post somersetspur.

My personal thoughts maybe a little blinkered as I worked with Steve M and Peter very closely in my tenure managing the Peninsula side. Moving away from the issues I had with Pete ( which there were many)  the club died  when the reserves were pull out of the SWL West Divison, I made personal phone calls to Rob and JB who took over the reigns when i resigned and warned them of the transition i could see occurring, without being too patronising my thoughts were correct within months. The heart of the club was in the reserves team, players that had played from youth football right through to playing at a senior level for the club.  Steve Massey attempted to get the best players from local football to play at the highest leve, well within budget, no major high flying aspirations that could not be achieved, it was all pretty sustainable.   Peter had very different ideas and not coming from a football background it was obvious that the club would be where they are at this current time.

I think i could have written a book of craziness that was happening behind the scenes whilst i was managing the side, but i left with good memories and in in the top 5, I continue to have a good friendship with Steve and lots of the players of the club who now have unfortunately moved to new pastures. I wish all the real Truro City fans the best for the future and bring back your reserves, it's your history not a Toy. 

Reno  

With Hayle Rugby Club's ground having planning permission for a new retail development, they have the cash and are planning a new ground/club, etc. Ideal for Truro to groundshare once the site is up and running. Will be close to A30 so easy for travelling supporters. Last I heard it was going to be possibly built on the left between Hayle and Connor Down just above the garage.

What a mess ,  Truros fans must be spitting feathers as,. Looks like the only option is ground share ?  But where locally as , Torquay would probably be the last straw for the club . Sad times for Cornwall's highest placed team ,  perhaps a group can take over the reigns and regroup will take a big effort but there must be old players , ex committee members who want to save their club ., Not looking good at this moment for Truros future .

Would a rugby ground be acceptable? Redruth, Camborne and Pirates have decent grounds but not sure of the logistics. Even if it is for a season or two. All closer than Torquay.

If what I have heard is correct then Truro City could be ground sharing with another Cornish club next season which I assume would mean dropping down a few leagues. This I believe is another option if we have to vacate Treyew Road at the end of this season and its not Malpas Park Older.:c:

44 minutes ago, John Mead said:

There's no ground in Cornwall which even comes close to compliance with B Grade requirements and, apart from Argyle, Exeter and Torquay, nothing in Devon either! Facilities required for National Leagues Rugby are far removed from those for the round ball.

I don't see what the great difference is between what there is at TCFC and a bit of work somewhere else to get the same set up.

A few cheapy stands ....that's about it  (?)

When the retail funding dried up that signalled the start of the slide.

All that happened was designed to keep the first team going ... nothing else was of interest.

And at the bottom of it all from day one of the momentous climb up the leagues, funded on money borrowed against the land, and more recently funded by the dream of the retail park   .....was how much could be made.

TCFC have never had any of the money, always in the hands of others, and the mugs bought the charade on the promise of league football LMFAO here - it was - and never will happen

Football never really bothered any of them, it was just a means to an end - and the end has started.

Down a few leagues, more like down to Malpas in the end.

7 hours ago, TruroPostie said:

Hey Postie boy TCFC does not deserve you !!!!!

1 hour ago, TREYEW 1970 said:

Hey Postie boy TCFC does not deserve you !!!!!

Truro Postie , now there is a name , Cornwall support  for Truro ?  Look most people on the forums in  some way support other clubs  most games on a Saturday so we're was the support supposedly to come from  ?  Now there are football fans that follow local football  not one club , so these would be the floating fans you were looking for  but and remember this Cornwall is a low income area , to pay to get in  would cost a fair portion  of their earnings , perhaps if costs were  reduced for say any midweek games more would come and support  , so more income through the gates more money in food and drink sales , simple really ,  Truro fans are very loyal and have had the highs but now there seems to be a low on the horizon , a good post from Reno ,  when there was a reserve team in the SWPL they had a lot of fans which traveled to games lots of local games and rivalry , the fans and committee members said that they felt detached from the club and it was like two teams not a club  before they were dropped .

26 minutes ago, Brianmooreshead said:

I know that this isn't exactly pertinent to the topic, but I was just reading on BBC Cornwall the comments by the Chairman about the Manager. It basically says I don't really rate him but I'm stuck with him.

That must make for a wonderful working atmosphere 

I do believe the Chairman was questioning Lee Hodges constant team changes,when the Chairman would prefer a more settled line up.

Well Mr Chairman,if you did'nt bring in this stupid idea of loaning players for 28 days,and using non contract players,coming and going,Lee may have had a settled squad,to pick from.

I think it is now approaching 40 players that have come and gone so far this season,and the Chairman blames Lee about team selection.

Dear me.

Said it before, time & time again, Mr Masters is acting as a puppet for Kevin Heaney. Kevin is not going to pump in substantial investment & then just walk away. Truro could however flex their financial muscle & make a mockery of the local leagues if they were to drop down & win everything for the next 10 years as the they would have more money to offer & better facilities to offer players. I can just see Truro in the Swpl league, the CCFA would have a nightmare on their hands as they would probably walk the league & every cup competition

31 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Said it before, time & time again, Mr Masters is acting as a puppet for Kevin Heaney. Kevin is not going to pump in substantial investment & then just walk away. Truro could however flex their financial muscle & make a mockery of the local leagues if they were to drop down & win everything for the next 10 years as the they would have more money to offer & better facilities to offer players. I can just see Truro in the Swpl league, the CCFA would have a nightmare on their hands as they would probably walk the league & every cup competition

No they would not....you need money to win the league you're in....and they are a busted flush.....no bucks to call their own.

OH (!) I nearly forgot ......they don't have pitch either, hand to mouth on that one.

Unless they ground share with Torquay.....now that would be interesting in the league they are going to end up in.......Trelawney premier maybe.

One word describes why I haven't attended home games this season.

M A I D S T O N E

That brought shame onto the "City of Truro". I like others did not get an apology, I got a ban which still stands to anything Truro City but not from games because I have not committed any football related offence, I don't think saying Silver Bow would never be built counts. 

On Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 16:57, Mikeyburnsey said:

GET PM OUT NOW

Mikey, have you checked your latest status re social media postings with information associated with Truro City and the Chairman to be met with a BARRED notice, I was barred for something I have no contact from the club about so still don't know the reason why. Yes people do vote with their feet when alienated and that appears to have been the plan in recent times.

A Sir Bobby Robson quote I picked up in Dortmund printed on the opening page of an F A approved publication in association with the Football Supporters Federation for yesterday's Germany v England game.

It's the NOISE, the passion, The feeling of BELONGING  The pride in your City.

....It's a small boy.... clamoring up Stadium Steps gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf Beneath him and, without being able to .....do a thing about it ..... falling in love.

THE ABOVE JUST ABOUT SUMS UP WHAT STARTED IT ALL OFF FOR MOST OF US AND SUMS UP OUR FOOTBALL PASSION.

Too much to lose Truro City.

Didn't Treyew Roads latest planning permission include some sort of covenant saying a stadium had to be built for football?

13 hours ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Mikey, have you checked your latest status re social media postings with information associated with Truro City and the Chairman to be met with a BARRED notice, I was barred for something I have no contact from the club about so still don't know the reason why. Yes people do vote with their feet when alienated and that appears to have been the plan in recent times.

I am hurt  NOT  If I am Barred so BE It at least I don't tell tall stories on how to change the face of Cornish Football  GET PM OUT GET THE FANS IN 

21 hours ago, John Mead said:

There's no ground in Cornwall which even comes close to compliance with B Grade requirements and, apart from Argyle, Exeter and Torquay, nothing in Devon either! Facilities required for National Leagues Rugby are far removed from those for the round ball.

Truro City FC have agreed a mechanism in principle with Bodmin Town Football Club and The National League to ground share at Priory Park for next season, should the need arise.

To facilitate the move, Truro City will improve the facilities at Priory Park and upgrade the ground from its existing Grade G to Grade B to accommodate National League South football requirements.

The improvements to Bodmin Town will take place during the close season subject to final agreement between all parties.

Do you believe that the ground will be upgraded to B, or is this more lies?    Now we can all see why Truro sacked a manager that nearly got the club promoted and the use of so many players this season, I feel For Lee and his staff, I hope to god he can keep Truro up, then lets see if our Chairman keeps to his promise. 

OR will we start in the lower leagues ?  Should start a POLL will Truro stay up  and Get rid of PM 

On 22/03/2017 at 20:37, somersetspur said:

Never thought I would see the day.

Mickey Burns getting compliments on TISA's social media pages.lol

And may I say,well deserved.

Takes balls to admit you may have got something wrong.Fair play.

would i be allowed to come back to TISA website and see for myself ;-)

22 hours ago, John Mead said:

There could be some business ground work coming Darren Gilberts way

Rumours that were going around last year was that Bodmin offered to help TCFC,for this season,but the Club to even reply with an answer.

Now it looks like Masters has gone running back to Bodmin,to help him out this season.

A desperate man.

With politition's now getting involved with TCFC,and their future,Masters looks like he is up a river without a paddle.

42 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

If it is as has been written, the only grounds that Truro can share are Torquay, Exteter and Plymouth, unless they take up the option of Torquay then they will HAVE to take the other option, a trip down the leagues, to what level though and where to groundshare..

If that is true,this Bodmin groundshare,may not be the good news everyone is saying it is.