Cornwall Football Forum

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE

Guest Peppermint

Perhaps because the man himself publically stated that he has heard nothing of the Job and would not entertain the idea anyway.

Although we all know what a big cheque book can make happen these days and Mr Mandaric has a bigger cheque book than most. It will certainly be interesting to see how this unfolds BUT I have Holloway down as one of the few "loyal people" left in football.

Guest Peppermint

Thanks Crosser - I was only commenting on the Talk Sport News item I heard today. I would assume that most if not all Argyle fans would like Holloway to stay. He seems to have done a good job.

Guest Peppermint

I thought with all the reports in newspapers etc something was going behind the scenes. No smoke without a fire! I would have thought Holloway would have had an easier life at Argyle than working for that Chairman.

I just don't get it, Leicester are 10 places and 7points behind Plymouth in the league, Holloway had the utmost respect from the fans, and would easily be sitting more comfortably in his managerial seat at Plymouth than he would at Leicester. He publically said that the fans need to have nothing but respect for what he and the team are trying to achieve, yet he shows his own disrespect by walking away from those those he wanted respect from.

I seriously thought that he was a loyal kind of guy BUT when you look at the position he's in at Plymouth and compare it to where Leicetser are, it's surely clear that he's left for nothing more than MORE MONEY.

Ofcourse there's always the opposite side of the coin. If you were offered the chance to do the job you do at the moment but for another company and for a vastly larger salary, wouldn't you also accept the offer?.