Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results - 4-3-17

Results
Goonhavern Athletic p-p Mullion 
Helston Athletic Reserves p-p St Ives Town
Illogan RBL Reserves (Callum Cartwright, Tom Willoughby) 2-0 St Just 
Att- 75
Newquay Reserves 0-5 Carharrack (Ed Wilton 4, Mark Hollands)
Att- 37
Penryn Athletic Reserves p-p Perranporth
Perranwall p-p Hayle 
St Day p-p Ludgvan

Supp Cup Q-F
Falmouth Town Reserves p-p Redruth United 
Holman SC p-p RNAS Culdrose

11 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

None on the "national" strike? 

From what I hear most of the Cornwall officials are content with the support we have been given over the last couple of years. It's certainly got better even in the short time since I qualified.

Newquay Reserves 0-5 Carharrack (H/T 0-2)

Carharrack were easily the better team but Newquay showed some fighting spirit to ensure the visitors had to fight for the points.

On a windy day at Mount Wise, Newquay played with the wind from the clubhouse end and could have taken the lead but when Carharrack took the lead after 7 minutes, they never looked back. The home keeper made a few good saves but Carharrack doubled their advantage after 37 minutes.

In the second half, Carharrack added goals in the 63rd, 65th and 66th minutes to seal a comfortable win, which could and probably should have been more had they been more clinical in front of goal.

Referee Tim Reeks had a fine game. No contentious decisions and both teams should be applauded for letting him deal with the game and no backchat was given which was nice to see. I think he is the first referee I've seen since Porky to wear a hat throughout the game!

Yes, I wondered about the bobble-hat....

Wilton had goals 1, 2, 4 and 5. We had the other down to an o.g. only because that was the answer Billy Chown got from one of the players.

Home 'keeper had an outstanding game, agreed. I thought their lad up front who appeared to be wearing glasses was promising, too.

Point about the reffing. Twice or three times when a FK was awarded to Carharrack a Newquay player, rather than retreating the 10 yards, dawdled over the ball and the Carharrack player taking the kick deliberately kicked the ball at the home player's legs. Ref wagged an admonishing finger - at the Carharrack player - and ordered the kick to be retaken. He told the Carharrack boy off a third occasion, telling him not to deliberately kick the ball at the opponent. Truro had a player booked when he stood in front of the ball, less than two feet away, and had the ball kicked against his shins by the vising player. Which ref was right?

Shame to see the Newquay club struggling.

Tom, regarding your comment about a Newquay player not retreating the 10 yards and dawdling over the ball, as much as you don't want to flash out cards I think if a player deliberately disrupts a quick free kick from being taken and being a general nuisance then they should be booked.

30 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

Yes, I wondered about the bobble-hat....

Wilton had goals 1, 2, 4 and 5. We had the other down to an o.g. only because that was the answer Billy Chown got from one of the players.

Home 'keeper had an outstanding game, agreed. I thought their lad up front who appeared to be wearing glasses was promising, too.

Point about the reffing. Twice or three times when a FK was awarded to Carharrack a Newquay player, rather than retreating the 10 yards, dawdled over the ball and the Carharrack player taking the kick deliberately kicked the ball at the home player's legs. Ref wagged an admonishing finger - at the Carharrack player - and ordered the kick to be retaken. He told the Carharrack boy off a third occasion, telling him not to deliberately kick the ball at the opponent. Truro had a player booked when he stood in front of the ball, less than two feet away, and had the ball kicked against his shins by the vising player. Which ref was right?

Shame to see the Newquay club struggling.

A lot of players deliberately kick the ball at an opponent dawdling and it annoys me to see it. It happens a lot and it's easier just to tell the player to take it again.There was an occasion when a Carharrack player was injured and the referee stopped play. Newquay wanted the game to carry on but as they were in their own half he told them so. I felt that was a good call personally. I'm not a qualified referee so from my unqualified position it was good.

The second half goals (including the definite own goal) are on Twitter.