Cornwall Football Forum

Another Question For The Referees

Imagine the scenario.

During a game, a players makes a challenge which, by all the players on the field of play is deemed to be either dangerously high or two footed. The referee deems it to be a fair challenge. The same player then makes the same sort of challenge on an opponent breaking his leg (the opponents leg), who is ultimatley responsible.

A. The player making the challenge

B. The Referee who is in charge of the game.

It is a question that could be answered either way. The players know the rules and should abide by them at all times. The referees who also have a responsibility and duty of care to the players in thier control of the game. what are the consequences to the players or referees involved.

just wondered what anyones thoughts are on this, and especially the referees.

A referee is not held liable for:

*Any kind of injury suffered by a player, official or spectator.

* Any damage to property of any kind.

and so on and so forth.

Ok question for players, have you all suddenly became stupid? There seems to be a lot of questions about the laws of the game being asked lately. :D

i dont think players are stupid. refs are so unapproachable if a player makes a mistake he is punished refs or linos shrug their shoulders and move on i know we need refs but since when are they so special that they dont have to own up to a mistake.and surely the players safety is down to the ref after all if he or she is doing their job properly they would have the game under controll

Imagine the scenario.

A player makes a two footed challenge that is obviously dangerous and.....his team mates tell him to stop playing dangerously, or his manager substitutes him as he decides that is not the way that he wants his team to play. Unlikely . Why is it that players feel that they can absolve themselves of any blame in these situations and transfer it to the officials. When was the last time you heard a player admonish a team mate for a bad challenge.True , it is our role to enforce the laws of the game but how much easier it is when the teams don't try to constantly bend them.

Guest postman pat

why is it that only the referees on here are defending the laws of the game <_< perhaps we are now getting to the problems of lack of refs.when players break the rules of the game they should know what they have done and just maybe if they accepted the concequences the refs would not have to be so stand offish.if one of your teammates carries on and on to you do you just put up with it :glare:i presume you would not,so why should refs.i know that sometimes refs do make mistakes.if your goalkeeper makes a mistake if his teamates are any good they would not run up to him and shout in his face!!!!!so whats the difference with a ref.its not easy being the only one in a ground.perhaps if more players went on refs. courses they may understand the game they presume to understand better. and we may just have enough refs to go around on saturdays :c::thumbsup::drink:

why is it that only the referees on here are defending the laws of the game <_< perhaps we are now getting to the problems of lack of refs.when players break the rules of the game they should know what they have done and just maybe if they accepted the concequences the refs would not have to be so stand offish.if one of your teammates carries on and on to you do you just put up with it :glare:i presume you would not,so why should refs.i know that sometimes refs do make mistakes.if your goalkeeper makes a mistake if his teamates are any good they would not run up to him and shout in his face!!!!!so whats the difference with a ref.its not easy being the only one in a ground.perhaps if more players went on refs. courses they may understand the game they presume to understand better. and we may just have enough refs to go around on saturdays :c::thumbsup: :drink:

Sorry but I dare not reply to this post.

Why bother writing that???

I think that it is a bit of both. the ref is responible because if he/she was doing their job properly then the person involved would not have a chance to do the same tackle again. Then on the other hand the team whos player it is could have taken them off. Or team mates telling them to calm down.