Cornwall Football Forum

Combination League Results - Sat 11/2/17

On 9 February 2017 at 15:21, cornishteddyboy said:

Results for
Saturday 11th February 2017
Carharrack P-P Perranwell 
Goonhavern Athletic 0-1 Porthleven Reserves (Oscar Furgus-)
Att- 25
Hayle (Billy Foster 2, Cameron Irish, Liam Mooney) 4-1 Perranporth (Gavin Perraton)
Att- 16
Illogan RBL Reserves (Kurt Long) 1-1 St Ives Town (???)
Att- 30
Newquay Reserves (???) 1-2 Falmouth Town Reserves (Max Everard, Steve Retchford)
Att- ???
St Agnes (???) 3-2 Helston Athletic Reserves (???)
Att- ???
St Day (Matt Witts 2, Gavin Boon, Tom Langford) 4-2 RNAS Culdrose (???)
Att- 20
St Just (???) 3-1 Redruth United (???)
Att- ???

Suuplementary Cup
Preliminary Round
Mullion (Dan Higgins 2, Jack Prowse, Nathan Davison) 4-3 Penryn Athletic Reserves (???)
Att- ???

Newquay scorer: Josh Burnell

23 hours ago, willy7 said:

St.day pitch midweek but got it ready to play again today. Played on it last Saturday and entertained culdrose today. Well done to the groundsmen!

IMG-20170211-WA0000.jpg

Superb work Mark Leah. 

But.... just because St days pitch was playable doesn't mean everyone else pitch is the same as Vogue. So irrelevant use of comparison. 

3 minutes ago, Asterix said:

Superb work Mark Leah. 

But.... just because St days pitch was playable doesn't mean everyone else pitch is the same as Vogue. So irrelevant use of comparison. 

or a lack of trying? the only game to be called off in the county? what goes around comes around..

30 minutes ago, yeww said:

or a lack of trying? the only game to be called off in the county? what goes around comes around..

I would seriously like you to come down and say that to our 75 year old groundsman who has put all his effort in getting our pitch fit every week.

First postponement since start of the season. A testament to all his hard work.

Very sad

Why the fuss about the Carharrack game being postponed? 

It is not as if their opposition are going to lose the points they might have won. They game will be played at a later date I have nosed down there myself in the past and the strip down the far side that was cleared away (where they were told to do it by the league when they applied to join), is usually soaking underfoot.

I have it from the Horse's Mouth the reason Carharrack did not apply for promotion is the fact that they want to spend their money improving their pitch, and set up, for the future, not spend it on travelling, etc in the SWPL.

12 hours ago, Asterix said:

Superb work Mark Leah. 

Thanks Ralf, However it wasn't my hard work, i struggle to find time at the moment with work, family and overseeing 9 youth football teams the pitches although as many will know is my passion i just cannot fit that in also. The hard work was done by, as it has been all season; Dave Searle, Peter Grenfell, Dave Tedd and Adrian Walters so its a big well done from them.

Cheers all the same

1 hour ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Why the fuss about the Carharrack game being postponed? 

It is not as if their opposition are going to lose the points they might have won. They game will be played at a later date I have nosed down there myself in the past and the strip down the far side that was cleared away (where they were told to do it by the league when they applied to join), is usually soaking underfoot.

I have it from the Horse's Mouth the reason Carharrack did not apply for promotion is the fact that they want to spend their money improving their pitch, and set up, for the future, not spend it on travelling, etc in the SWPL.

They will have the best facilities in the trelawney league in a couple of years 

1 hour ago, St Darren said:

They will have the best facilities in the trelawney league in a couple of years 

St Darren why are you adamant Harry and all his players will be gone soon? Was that not said about them when they first got promoted to the combo? They're still there now and doing good things. In fact, of all the teams in the league they're one of few that seem to be sticking together? 

4 hours ago, oldman said:

Could anyone shed some light IE - CTB why Mullion have 23 points when they should have 24. I know they were deducted 3 points for the game vs Helston but does anyone know were the mystery -1 point has come from. Thanks

Here begineth the lesson. Mullion played an ineligible player and won the game. They lose the three points for that. We all agreed.

Next, they were due to play at home to Newquay Reserves who could not make it as they could not raise a side. Mullion awarded three points. Still with me?

Now the hard bit. The FA in it's wisdom say that all figures must tally up at the end of the season so all games not played HAVE to be recorded as 0-0 draws. Still towing along?

This means on the pitch Mullion's (even though the current table says reading across 25-6-6-13) results should read 24-6-5-13. The minus and plus 3 points cancel themselves out giving them 23 points. The extra game and draw is the FA ruling. If they had not lost the 3 points they would read 25-6-6-14 with a total of 26 points!

Lesson over.

17 hours ago, Carharrack Loyal said:

I would seriously like you to come down and say that to our 75 year old groundsman who has put all his effort in getting our pitch fit every week.

First postponement since start of the season. A testament to all his hard work.

Very sad

Only played about 14 games on it this season so should look pretty good. Barry does a great job but sometimes you might need extra pair of hands, Ask the players to come down and do abit of forking!

3 hours ago, COYG said:

St Darren why are you adamant Harry and all his players will be gone soon? Was that not said about them when they first got promoted to the combo? They're still there now and doing good things. In fact, of all the teams in the league they're one of few that seem to be sticking together? 

Hey. I could be wrong. I just believe that they won't be at carharrack in 2 years unless the club go up a league. 

Mr pope is an ambitious manager and therefore if an opportunity comes would it be turned down. Cos that's what happened with threemilestone!!!

and to say they're still there. It's only their second season in combo isn't it?

43 minutes ago, St Darren said:

Hey. I could be wrong. I just believe that they won't be at carharrack in 2 years unless the club go up a league. 

Mr pope is an ambitious manager and therefore if an opportunity comes would it be turned down. Cos that's what happened with threemilestone!!!

and to say they're still there. It's only their second season in combo isn't it?

Do you not reckon mr pope has already been offered jobs in higher leagues since taking over at Carharrack? 

5 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Now the hard bit. The FA in it's wisdom say that all figures must tally up at the end of the season so all games not played HAVE to be recorded as 0-0 draws. Still towing along?

Sorry CTB but this is incorrect if you're referring to Full-Time.  When a Home Walkover is awarded in FT it does a number of things to the table i.e.:

1.  Awards the points to the non-defaulting team;

2.  Records the game as a 'win' in the 'W' column of the non-defaulting team and a 'loss' in the defaulting teams 'L' column so the number of games 'played' will always be correct      i.e includes walkovers as games played;

3.  Displays the result as H-W; 

4.  Shows the reason for the walkover if one has been entered in the notes section and made public;

5.  Gives the correct points totals for the number of wins and draws (unless there’s an asterisk which is automatically generated when a points adjustment is made for other                offences).

The only time a game would have to be entered in FT as a 0-0 and followed up with points adjustments would be if a game wasn't played because it had been declared 'void' as the void function doesn't do any of the above.

Took my dogs for a walk down Carharrack woods this afternoon.

So took the chance to have a walk on the pitch, you would not have played on it today let alone Saturday !!!!

The damage from the last game was obvious to see, that game should not have been played and caused last Saturdays cancellation.

A bit of work needed to get this weeks game on I would have thought, will need to be dry all week or that will be off as well in my opinion.

Same on our pitch, we got caught with an hour of heavy rain during a ladies game and lost the next two fixtures.

Some games should never be forced on, you just lose out the following weeks.

10 hours ago, oldman said:

Could anyone shed some light IE - CTB why Mullion have 23 points when they should have 24. I know they were deducted 3 points for the game vs Helston but does anyone know were the mystery -1 point has come from. Thanks

And when is Saturday's Newquay result going to appear on the FA Full-time site?

6 hours ago, St Darren said:

Darren you come across as obsessed what Carharrack are up to. You sound a bit jealous. Is it because Carharrack came into the Combo league in the first season played in the league club final against St Agnes and thought you know what we fancy a bit of that.

Should you not be questioning St Agnes lack of ambition? 

We'll have to agree to differ on the way unplayed matches are dealt with Steve. I believe full-time is incorrectly programmed if it automatically awards a win to the non-defaulting team: SCOR only allows points to be awarded or deducted - not wins or losses. At the end of the season, the league table should accurately reflect the number of games a team has won or lost on the field. The full-time system works ok for cup competitions where a Home Walkover is a legitimate result but higher Leagues - ie SWPL - record any unplayed league matches as winning and loosing draws with an asterix indicating that the points have been adjusted and do not necessarily agree with the number of wins, draws and losses.

6 hours ago, Carharrack Loyal said:

Darren you come across as obsessed what Carharrack are up to. You sound a bit jealous. Is it because Carharrack came into the Combo league in the first season played in the league club final against St Agnes and thought you know what we fancy a bit of that.

Should you not be questioning St Agnes lack of ambition? 

Lol, I could talk forever about ambition. For me, clubs should stick to what they can survive at. My belief would be if st Agnes got promoted or whatever then it would have a detrimental effect on the club. For what it's worth I have no affiliation with st Agnes whatsoever now!

carharrack have a good side in the combo league and some good lads in there as they were when they were at tms!

we will see in 2 years time! In the meantime best of luck this season in the quest for the double/treble

8 hours ago, John Mead said:

We'll have to agree to differ on the way unplayed matches are dealt with Steve. I believe full-time is incorrectly programmed if it automatically awards a win to the non-defaulting team: SCOR only allows points to be awarded or deducted - not wins or losses. At the end of the season, the league table should accurately reflect the number of games a team has won or lost on the field. The full-time system works ok for cup competitions where a Home Walkover is a legitimate result but higher Leagues - ie SWPL - record any unplayed league matches as winning and loosing draws with an asterix indicating that the points have been adjusted and do not necessarily agree with the number of wins, draws and losses.

Quite possibly John!!  These are two ways of ending up at the same point and once you get out of the recreational leagues and into the SWPL the rules may be slightly different.  And of course the SWPL doesn't use Full-Time so the procedure you describe may be the only way it can be done.  SCOR isn't perfect as we know but the section you refer to doesn't say you can't award the game just that you can't award goals.  By using Full-Time to record walkovers it accurately reflects events as opposed to inventing a result for a game that didn't take place and then making adjustments.  All of this detracts of course from the original question about accuracy which is very simply answered.  If a walkover is awarded and then further points adjustments are made for the same game then the points total will be wrong. 

14 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

So took the chance to have a walk on the pitch, you would not have played on it today let alone Saturday !!!!

The damage from the last game was obvious to see, that game should not have been played and caused last Saturdays cancellation.

A bit of work needed to get this weeks game on I would have thought, will need to be dry all week or that will be off as well in my opinion.

Same on our pitch, we got caught with an hour of heavy rain during a ladies game and lost the next two fixtures.

This game that caused the cancellation wasnt the week before, Thats what was surprising.

On 13/02/2017 at 11:29, Mark said:

Thanks Ralf, However it wasn't my hard work, i struggle to find time at the moment with work, family and overseeing 9 youth football teams the pitches although as many will know is my passion i just cannot fit that in also. The hard work was done by, as it has been all season; Dave Searle, Peter Grenfell, Dave Tedd and Adrian Walters so its a big well done from them.

Cheers all the same

No worries. Well a big well done to all those guys. Great pitch. Played on vogue for St day few seasons back and it's an immaculate surface. So well done to St day. Probably one of the best pitches in cornwall.  

23 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Went down there again this afternoon - it's wetter than ever....lot of work needed there to get this weeks game on....if it's possible (!)