Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday Indy

What a joke that paper is ,you pay good money to read the local football reports and its embarrasing.

You read the Ivybridge v ST Blazey report and its the Saltash game with an Ivybridge player getting star man ,then its telling you that Liskeard scored 3 goals in 15mins when they lost 5-2.

Sorry its a joke.

What a joke that paper is ,you pay good money to read the local football reports and its embarrasing.

You read the Ivybridge v ST Blazey report and its the Saltash game with an Ivybridge player getting star man ,then its telling you that Liskeard scored 3 goals in 15mins when they lost 5-2.

Sorry its a joke.

No footy on Saturday makes Gary a grumpy man :drink:

I haven't bought it for a few weeks now because I feel the same as Gary. It's not even good chip paper. As for Radio Cornwall, I'm with the Chairman on that one. I know countless people who don't listen anymore. I always listened to the updates whilst watching a game but now it's all rugby and music, oh! and quite a bit of Truro. Useless. <_<

did you miss the fiasco Yesterday then,with virtually the whole D.D.spot gone? It's no use waiting to hear a regular time slot any more.The rest of the Sat.afternoon is taken over by more and more Girls interviewing Rugger types ,as if the Weekdays weren't enough with trailers,new signings..God it goes on and on and on.

The point is the Indy gives a good spread on the football but it is so bad that they get it wrong more times than not and football the radio is having to take a major back seat. Rugby seems to be top of the agenda and with regard to the football that is covered, it's not just about Truro City, it's every football club in the county. I have every respect for what they are trying to achieve at Treyew Road but football in the county is being short changed. It's becoming a joke.

Totally agree about the Indy!! Picked it up today to see how everyone else got on and then went to read the report for yesterdays game at Ivybridge. Somehow it ended up with one report doubled up. Useless.

As for Radio Awful, switched it on to find out the football scores on the way home. Falmouth Town 3......Witheridge 2v3 Tavi, and im thinking, did falmouth win, who were thay playing? Then they went back to live coverage of Truro, thats ok, and then just rubbish and pointless questions to people when you just want a report or two. I just wait til I get home these days and stick the computer on. Less trouble!!

Guest L Binzo

Have to say as somebody that logs in from outside of Cornwall. I expect coverage of the county (paid for by license fees) not radio Truro.

There are few clubs (in the county) that have won FA Vase matches at yesterdays level (however we (Torpoint) did not get the coverage Truro had).

With the exemption of Excembla (sorry I spelt it wrong) if you are a Truro fan than travel and watch the match.

I switched on my pc and heard the coverage of the Truro goals (repeatedly) , comments from Mr Heany, Chris Webb and Willis.

I went to watch them (Truro) at Wembley last year as it was a Cornish club. However, I do expect Radio Cornwall to give the the non league results below Carslberg Peninsula League.

Whilst Truro have a large fan base, it does not compare to the cumulative number of supporters that the other Cornish Clubs have.

All we want is a balanced service.

Not Radio Truro

So St.Blazey haven't had more than their fair share of radio coverage over the last few years at the expense of others, due to their unrivalled success during the last decade?

If St.Blazey were in exactly the same position you'd get the same coverage and probably have had the same coverage and rightly so.

I've covered games there myself for weeks in a row a few years ago, I thought they were going to put my name on a seat in the stand a one stage! And guess what? Other clubs were having a go at me then for giving preference to St.Blazey!

I'm not sure that the only Football spot was ever cancelled through St Blazey's efforts.

I'm sure I speak for most local Football followers when I say that the only 30 minutes we get on a Saturday is being de-valued by the current incumbents at Radio Cornwall.Try listening on a Saturday Afternoon.

I have to agree with alot of what i have been reading about Radio Cornwall and the so called football round up on a saterday afternoon at 5.30pm.

I dont know this for certain but i can take a guess that nearly every listner that tunes in at 5.30pm on a sat wants to hear the round up of all local football results and wants to hear how there rivals etc got on in the same league etc.....

I know that i and many of the traveling players from other temas feel the same and on sat when traveling back from our game, we wanted to hear a good round up of all the games, but unfortunatly all we got was as people have put it "Radio Truro".

I have the upmost respect for all involved with Truro but extra time or not people tune in to hear a good 30 minutes (which i still dont think is enough) of good round ups of all local games also what about the other teams in the fa vase????

Maybe more time needs to be alocated for the local football if live coveage over runs again!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone else feel the same?

Guest Sport Lover

I could moan about the lack of hockey coverage Truro gets. We play just 2 leagues away from National league which is the equivalant to division 2 or conference football. The hour of sports reporting isnt long enough. Why does it only have to be an hour?

Yeah it was a bit annoying when you wanted to know the football results. Then the extra time finished we all thought we were going to get the results. but wait Dave Deacon then tried to interview everyone in the ground, the manager, assistant manager, director of football! Well done to Truro but it getting a bit boring listening to a FA Trophy standard side playing in the Vase. Lets face it JAMES MUDGE has got gone to a better club from Tiverton, he has gone for the money!

SO DID THEY CANCEL THE RUBGY HALF HOUR ASWELL BECAUSE OF HEENEY CITY?

I don't read the Indy, so can't comment on the orginal thread idea, but I just thought I'd chime in a bit with the radio coverage (esp. since I was mentioned by name! {and I have travelled to see the team, btw :D }).

I can't even listen to it at all! The lousy FA rules, apparently. Wouldn't it make more sense to black out coverage in the county, thus encouraging fans (and the curious) to go the match -- and simultaneously making it possible for the Oot'ers to listen? :angry2:

Possibly something else local might even be broadcast then? :c:

right, okay, back to the shocking broad/bad coverage of the Indy . . .

I think you're all being a bit harsh on the Indy :( The results don't come in until late Saturday afternoon and they have to work flat out to get the paper in the shops first thing on Sunday morning. That kind of time frame is bound to lead to mistakes but at least there's something there for you on Sunday that covers all kinds of sports at all levels (and that's got to be better than the News of the Screws!) I doubt many of you here slagging the Indy off would put your money where your mouths are and take the job on. Final scores and match reports appear on here throughout Saturday evening and Sunday so why don't you save your money and read it here instead?

Guest Peppermint

In reply to Ronin's excellent posting - I have the utmost respect for the reporters who have to work tirelessly to get the information collated and in to the paper. People like Mike Sampson [football] and Michael Weeks [ cricket] do a superb job under pressure. The problem is over the last few years the actual finished paper is not nearly as good as it used to be - might have something to do where it is now printed and people in charge.

I dont have a problem with the reporters,in fact Mike is a friend of mine and in my opinion he does an excellent job.

What I was critisising is that no one seems to be proof reading the final layout.

The content of the report is fine it seems that the editing has been very poor.

Guest plainmoor

The indy is trying to bite off more than it can chew, it's too widespread, covering leagues from cornwall to wiltshire and sometimes beyond.

Less is sometimes more.