Cornwall Football Forum

Should Arsene have been charged?

As everyone one knows I am a fan of Arsenal , but you can't push an official , he knows he was in the wrong , and has apologized , what comes his way he will have to take on the chin and move on , silly  but I think the pressure for a man his age maybe catching up with him , can't defend his actions , he better get his cheque book out  ,  and how can he discipline Xahka after his reckless tackle that could of cost three points.

Idiot, as are most of these super duper managers, they think they can do what they like - they cannot.

You see it on the highlights....running over to the 4th official, screaming and shouting, what do they think that will achieve...idiots.

A serious fine (millions) and a lengthy ban....including banned from the stadium on match days.

If they do not do that...it's open season for officials to be harassed.

I think in hindsight he will know  he could be made an example of , not pretty to see from the manager of Arsenal  , very disappointing for the club and fans ,no excuses from me ,they call him Le Prof  but it was a serious  misjudged  action . Can see a few match ban and a big fine coming , should know better at his age ,  

24 minutes ago, B_D said:

A public hanging is in order.

Or, strip him naked and make him walk through London whilst you're walking behind him, ringing a bell and saying "shame" every few seconds.

I think all Gooners will think he will be made an example of , just like George Graham was the only manager at that time found guilty of taking  money from transfers , nobody else was found guilty   , still don't condone what he has done , but think an example will be made  .  As it happened the same week as the media has got hold of the story of the young ref calling for a strike in March to highlight abuse of refs , even the BBC news this morning caught it .

24 minutes ago, bighairydave said:

The consensus from most is NOT to strike I believe. Lots of us support him but believe that strike action will not solve the problem.

By not striking, are the Cornish refs simply implying that there is no problem? Would you not unite with your fellow colleagues across the country just to make a stand and as a show of support?

22 minutes ago, B_D said:

By not striking, are the Cornish refs simply implying that there is no problem? Would you not unite with your fellow colleagues across the country just to make a stand and as a show of support?

I don't think we are naive enough to think that, but we believe that positive steps have begun to be made by the CCFA with the Behaviour Group and their recommendations. I think many also think that problems are with the minority rather than the majority and it would be unfair to punish those clubs that treat referees well.

13 hours ago, Keith B said:

Sadly I think you're right older. They must make an example of him, if they are serious about the whole respect campaign. If he is seen to get away with it, we could see it down at our level of the game. Yes I know we've seen it already but, abuse and violence against officials must be stamped out.

I would also deduct Assenhole 20 points......that would make clubs control their managers.

And thinking about it....i would deduct 20 points from all clubs except Tottenham.:yahoo:

45 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I would also deduct Assenhole 20 points......that would make clubs control their managers.

And thinking about it....i would deduct 20 points from all clubs except Tottenham.:yahoo:

Yes Older set an example , perhaps Twenty point's isn't enough , relegate Arsenal that way Spurs would be above them ,  trouble s they still wouldn't win the league:P