Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay goalie in the Indy

In this weeks Sunday Independent, there is a picture of Newquay from 1985/86 in the team of yesterday bit. There are a few familiar faces including the Nicholls brothers and Dave Ball but who is the goalkeeper? I have one name in mind but I don't know if it's right. It was a lot better when they listed the players.

Thanks Billy, both names ring bells. I did wonder if it was Brian Mitchell in the twilight days of a career but working it out he'd have been about 40 so probably not him!

8 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

She still got you under her thumb on grounds to visit then Willow?

You know she has!

1 hour ago, Billy Davies said:

I sure she will enjoy her visit and there are generally plenty of goals mostly at my end. The grub and hospitality back at the Kings Head is first class also. See you soon Willow.

You're not still playing are you Bill?

Yes still going at 50 years young. Off to Goonhavern with my Liskeard U 8's for a 09 30 kick off and a catch up with John Mitchell then back to St Stephen this afternoon. Should be fast asleep on the sofa by 20 00 tonight but what else are Saturdays for:thumbsup:

Well done Billy, keep going, football needs more dedicated people like yourself. 

Yes still going at 50 years young. Off to Goonhavern with my Liskeard U 8's for a 09 30 kick off and a catch up with John Mitchell then back to St Stephen this afternoon. Should be fast asleep on the sofa by 20 00 tonight but what else are Saturdays for:thumbsup:

Haha must be like watching Old Father Time!

I went there when Dave Wadd was in charge, I think I was 18 and played in some pre- season friendlies including Argyle. John Dent was already there and St Blazey came in for me before the season started and offered me the starting spot unchallenged so I went. I was living in St Austell at the time so it seemed to make sense. Falmouth won the league and we finished second and I ended up playing for Lostwithiel. End of.:drink:. PS we won today, happy times:drink: