Cornwall Football Forum

Ivybridge 4v0 St Blazey

:angry: It looked so different at half time when St Blazey walked off with the scores level at 0-0. Few chances made by either side but St Blazey had looked solid enough. Palmer dropped to the bench again and Nanks missing (ill). Missed his running off the ball once more!! Ivybridge scored at the start of the second half and then we fell to pieces. Heads dropped and it was a complete joke at times with the ease that the Ivybridge attack walked through!! And when we attacked the final ball was shocking!! After the match, as we made our way out the ground, the Ivybridge players all helped take down the goals, nets etc!! With our second half performance maybe a few off our players should have helped!!!!!

Some very disapointed Blazey fans today as I counted 42 who had made the trip out of a crowd of 70ish. Excellent support.

A question for anyone...... How will Ivybridge be able to put up floodlights when they have electricity cables running overhead?? Will they move the pitch?

Would just like to make an apology to all the fans who travelled yesterday-a thouroughly unacceptable performance (although to call it a performance could be stretching it). Dave and Phil are doing so much to take this team forward and the fantastic support we get week in week out from you guys doesn't go unappreciated. I don't think we could put in a performance that bad again but we will all do our best to put things right and erase that rubbish you witnessed yesterday from your memories!

I answered your original question about moving the pitch Paul.

I must admit only having a gate of 70 or so suprises me as Ivybridge average 90 espcially as you say 42 were from St Blazey. Was it bad weather - what must be worrying was the lack of home support for the visit of arguably the best Cornish team of recent seasons.

Thanks Burts. Im no theres alot of effort going in to get things right. And to be fair St Blazey dont look to far off at times. The balls knocked around well and we look capable of scoring goals. During the first half we looked comfortable. Ivybridge had a couple half chances but nothing much. But once we conceded the first the heads went. Credit to Ivybridge who have a tall blokes who out muscled St Blazey at times. Good chance to sort that out next saturday in the senior cup.

As for the crowd, there may have been a few more (but not many). Saying that the board outside the ground on the main road didnt have nothing on it to say there was a match or who was playing next!!

Roll on saturday. :thumbsup: