Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall FA Senior Rep team to play Wednesday 1st February

Dave Deacon

Surely looking at the league you would have thought a few from Saltash should be included, given they currently sit top of the table?  For me, Ryan Richards would be an automatic choice along with Liam Eddy.  Agree that St Austell and Bodmin will be the biggest contributing teams, but dont rule out some of the counties other top clubs.

4 hours ago, secretscout said:

Surely looking at the league you would have thought a few from Saltash should be included, given they currently sit top of the table?  For me, Ryan Richards would be an automatic choice along with Liam Eddy.  Agree that St Austell and Bodmin will be the biggest contributing teams, but dont rule out some of the counties other top clubs.

Yes ,but do they qualify if they have to cross the bridge from Plymouth lol

Seriously - having watched Bodmin this season, I think Glynn would be greatly limiting his choices if he based a squad around their players. I have seen Glynn at numerous matches this season and I am certain that across SWPL there are proper Cornish players  and there is a better team / squad who would give all for playing for their county. 

Agree with Bobjfh, some of the players at the likes of Bodmin and St Austell are the money chacers and may not be there for the right reason.  Players at other clubs where money isn't a luxury are the players that are more likely to give you more and wear their heart on their sleeve as such.  Just a thought. 

Who do people think should make the cut?

Tommy - of course you are correct and Glynn has vast experience as a manager - just saying on a Cornwall Football Forum, that many supporters of Cornish Football would like to watch a team representative of Cornish football players playing for Cornwall - not a team made up from a couple of currently successful teams - that would be a SWPL Rep team. I'll be stood there watching in any case.

On 11/01/2017 at 17:23, Tommy Matthews said:

I hear what you're saying and think there's merit in that. But if you're trying to put up a good show and win then you select the players who are the best fit in your opinion. Either way it'll be good as the Navy will fly in players from from both home and abroad to make a real game of it. 

Lets hope so Tommy, but in reality I don't think they will be flying players in from abroad, its a midweek game in Bodmin, not a Armed Forces cup competition!! 

6 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Lets hope so Tommy, but in reality I don't think they will be flying players in from abroad, its a midweek game in Bodmin, not a Armed Forces cup competition!! 

They did the last time this fixture was played at Blaise Park. Three or four were brought in from abroad and then went to training camp ahead of the Inter-Services Cup. 

• 2 weeks later...

The match is now to be played at Godolphin Atlantic FC. 

Bodmin Town have let the CCFA know their pitch will not be playable, but Godolphin have stepped in at the last minute to host the game, for which the Cornwall FA are extremely grateful.

The game will still Kick Off at 7:30pm and there is going to be a minutes silence prior to the game in memory of Ray Nicholls