Cornwall Football Forum

question for dangerous ( and others if they wish )

fenman

Do you think that a large number of throw ins in the Premiership are illegal ?  . It appears to me when I watch the televised game nowadays that most players throw the ball from in front of the head . I always believed that the throw must begin behind the head and be released  in front of the head .( also from the spot where the ball went out and not 20 yards further up the pitch , but I suppose that rule went out with metrification ) It might be the camera positions which give the wrong impression or old age playing tricks on me . Alternatively it could be that wealthy players make their own rules  up .!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember him saying he was being posted overseas but didn't realise it was this soon , he was a sensible , level headed contributor and was very enthusiastic about his refereeing . I don't know him but  there isn't enough people like him in modern football today sadly .

In answer to my question , quite possibly it's the throwing action  with bent arms which makes it appear a foul throw .

Stevie B  , " the pundits "  the ex players who never made a mistake in their entire playing career . They've introduced a new aspect of the game to many people  " permissable cheating " whereby anything is acceptable in order to win and if possible analyse  it thoroughly to see if the officials may have got it wrong . Are these people really necessary ?  can we no longer just listen to the match commentator ?  do we really have to suffer the interviews with players and managers with appalling grammar     ( some of the foreign ones are nearly as bad !!!  ) blaming match officials for every incident against them but having selective vision for incidents in their favour ? .

Sorry to be so negative but  I've just watched part of the latest Sky blockbuster , hours devoted to another football farce , the transfer window , full of speculation about which reject or money grabber ( an old Norfolk word ) is going where . I watch this and think how has the game I loved sunk to this ?  the words loyalty , entertainment and sportsmanship  have been removed from the football dictionary . 

10 hours ago, fenman said:

Stevie B  , " the pundits "  the ex players who never made a mistake in their entire playing career . They've introduced a new aspect of the game to many people  " permissable cheating " whereby anything is acceptable in order to win and if possible analyse  it thoroughly to see if the officials may have got it wrong . Are these people really necessary ?  can we no longer just listen to the match commentator ?  do we really have to suffer the interviews with players and managers with appalling grammar     ( some of the foreign ones are nearly as bad !!!  ) blaming match officials for every incident against them but having selective vision for incidents in their favour ? .

Sorry to be so negative but  I've just watched part of the latest Sky blockbuster , hours devoted to another football farce , the transfer window , full of speculation about which reject or money grabber ( an old Norfolk word ) is going where . I watch this and think how has the game I loved sunk to this ?  the words loyalty , entertainment and sportsmanship  have been removed from the football dictionary . 

I just call it bullshit

I record highlights so I can skim over the crap that follows the diving, cheating, moaning, oh so perfect pundits - boring tripe.

On 09/01/2017 at 11:31, fenman said:

Agree completely. The other thing is the results orientated nature of the "analysis". If a player takes a shot from 35 yards out and it misses they will question why he took it on instead of passing etc But if it flies in the top corner they love to talk about the quality or talent of the player and how that one moment is an example. 

I think more analysis of the tactics and actual technical aspects of the game would be beneficial but probably require slightly more thinking and thus be deemed boring. Even the camera angles of highlights or live play are not ideal to properly appreciate a game. You often just follow the ball/action and miss out on a lot of the bigger picture aspects of a team's shape etc

Also it's a shame dangerous left the forum, solid poster.