Cornwall Football Forum

COMBO RESULTS Saturday 17th.November

SHOCK RESULT ARE WE BEING DISRESPECTFUL TO ST AGNES!!!

Yes we lost today it was going to happen sometime and it was today. To be fair in my eyes it was the best we have played today for weeks and we lost. We hit the bar and the new keeper for Aggie was the man of the match making 3 or 4 great saves. The goal came from the worst corner Ive seen in years we were a sleep and didnt clear it...Sometimes you get the rub of the green sometimes you don't today was one of those days. Fair play to Aggie they came with a game plan and gave 110% in every tackle. We played the better football but sometimes its not about that!!!!!

I suppose we will have all the knockers coming on here now. But the players at Helston have been a credit to themselves the club and to me. Most clubs would love to be in our position and we will move on again.....

Well done again to Aggie....

SHOCK RESULT ARE WE BEING DISRESPECTFUL TO ST AGNES!!!

Yes we lost today it was going to happen sometime and it was today. To be fair in my eyes it was the best we have played today for weeks and we lost. We hit the bar and the new keeper for Aggie was the man of the match making 3 or 4 great saves. The goal came from the worst corner Ive seen in years we were a sleep and didnt clear it...Sometimes you get the rub of the green sometimes you don't today was one of those days. Fair play to Aggie they came with a game plan and gave 110% in every tackle. We played the better football but sometimes its not about that!!!!!

I suppose we will have all the knockers coming on here now. But the players at Helston have been a credit to themselves the club and to me. Most clubs would love to be in our position and we will move on again.....

Well done again to Aggie....

Didnt say that was the shock result did i?

Not being disrespecful to St Agnes at all, luck of the draw, just shows any team can beat the other on the day and i`m sure helston will be back to winning next week for sure!

unlucky winno the measure of a team is how they react to defeat im sure you will bounce back aggie are a well organized bunch and kimmo would of had them well drilled like most people i hope you beat truro to the title just to show money cant buy you everything keep up the good work helston :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Maybe the shock was Newquay winning at home to a revamped Penzance.

Thats six unbeaten for the new management team and we have conceded only two goals in that time.

Still a few players missing. A case of the good, the bad and the ugly today - two great first half goals from Lambart and Rabone hurt Penzance hard and they blew their chance when missing a first half penalty.

The poor ref got ear ache from both teams.

Luke Wheldon was the best player by a mile today.

With a few stars still missing, Newquay can push on and on. It will be a real test next week for us vs Porthleven.

Bad luck today Winno. I totally agree with r and l it's not how often you win but how you react to losing that marks you out as a team. I'm just gutted it had to be bloody Aggie that broke your run <_< I'd imagine your players will be on their toes for every corner from now on. Best of luck for the rest of the season (apart from the fixture against Perran in April!) :thumbsup:

We were thrilled to bits with our win away at Penryn today (were Anita and I the only ones to put it in the predictions - I think so!). We had two great goals from Alex Arquati and Jamie Cox. Poor old Coxy was so thrilled with his he jumped for joy and busted his ankle when he landed - had to be carried off the pitch!! :lol:

Culdrose 3 - 2 Falmouth

Culdrose scorers : Streton, Longeron, B Stidwell

Falmouth were 2 nil up after 25 mins culdrose got a goal back against a horrific wind before half time. second half with the wind culdrose scored midwaay through the half and then again with about ten to go. Notable performance for culdrose was shane abraham the only 1 of a back 4 not carrying an injury!!!.

:yahoo: Get in there what a great result for us

Helston had most of the play but we defended really well and had a few chances to score again.

Everyone of us gave our all (I cant walk today) and we are on a good little run

I thought we moaned alot but Helston were moaning about everything from start to finish good sports after though and thanks for the food.

Good luck for the rest of the season

UP THE AGGIE :thumbsup:

Guest Helston Patriot

With a ref like that everyone had grounds to moan..

Aggie 'keeper kept them in the game with 3 amazing saves and Justin nearly broke the cross bar with a 25yard free kick. Lady luck was smiling on aggie yesterday.... bitch!

From the Independent

Helston 0 St Agnes 1

Illogan 1 St Ives 1

Ludgvan 1 Holmans 6

Mullion 1 St Just 2

Newquay 2 Penzance 0

Penryn 0 Perranporth 2

Perranwell 1 Truro 3

Porthleven 6 Wendron 1

Culdrose 3 Falmouth 2

St Day 4 Hayle 0

With a ref like that everyone had grounds to moan..

I know what your saying HP he has always been the same and will never change. Everyone knows where they stand with him.

Guest Helston Patriot

Dunno. Iron clad pen turnd down as he was 50 yards away. Another beauty was when a corner was swung in for us, Ref blows up for an aggie free kick, when asked ;

"whats that for?"

ref replied "pushing".

then asked "who was pushing?"

ref replied with "someone"

Guest Helston Patriot

What was funny tho was when we kicked the ball back after a player recieved treatment. As dom kicked back down for an aggie goal kick, 10 yards from the goal line, the Camera man from local paper stepped on the pitch and stopped the ball a kicked back up towards dom! The ref had to send him behind the railings.

Illogan 1-1 St Ives

Umm not the best game in the world and spoilt by a strong wind down the pitch. We managed to score a goal just before half time the second half was going OK until a freak goal went in from our keepers clearance that hit their striker on the ass and went straight in from 25yds. We then had a couple of good chances that we wasted and st ives had a couple of good chances which our keeper made some superb saves from, probably everything taken into acount a fair result.

Mind you someone shoot that guy with the bloddy trumpet for St Ives on the touch line if you ever come across him.

Caught the Last 30 mins of the Helston Aggie game on Sat, and have to admit that it was mainly Helston doing the attacking. Last 10 minutes it was full on. Not to sure about the 'stone wall' penalty as my view was blocked, but whoever it was certainly made a meal of it by squealing like a pig, think that would not of helped his cause! Fair play to Aggie they defended from 1st man to the last, and the keeper made some cracking saves, life after Mitchy not looking too bad if he keeps performing like that. Felt a couple of Helston players were lucky to escape going into the refs book towards the end, so it didn't all go Aggies way!

Will be interesting to see how Helston bounce back from this setback. Good uck Winno.

thanks weeman.

the game started at pace with hayle forcing the st day keeper into an early save in the first minute which he parried over the bar for a corner. Hayle played much the better football in the first 10-15 minutes of the game. St Day started to pass the ball more, without creating any real chances. on 25 mins andy withers found himself on the far corner of the 18yd box, twisted and turned to find himself a yard and unleashed a shot towards the near post which the st day keeper did superbly to hold on to. the resulting kick was punted upfield, lee duffield controlled the ball with his first touch and ran at the hayle defence at pace working an opening that left him with only the keeper to beat, he then unselfishly squared the ball the in form striker adrian HART, who stroked the ball into an empty net. 1-0. on 35 mins hayle conceeded a free kick just inside their own half and about 5yds in from the right. mark 'pisser' uren floated in a cross towards the far post whic found adrian HART who climbed superbly to loop his header back accross and into the opposite corner of the goal 2-0

HT 2-0

The second half started with st day piling on the pressure further. We were rewarded on 48 mins when again, some great work by lee duffield on the right found joe crossman who ran to the by-line, cut the ball back to the edge of the box where Matt Thirkle unleashed a grass cutter that bobbed and swerved into the bottom left corner of the net. 3-0. st day created more chances in the second half with Matt Thirkle firing high, and lee gribble showing all around him that he is deffinatley not the steven gerrard he portrays himself to be. the game was wrapped up on 70 mins by the goal of the match when adrian hart created what looked like a half chance on the far edge of the 18yd box, he fired in an unstoppable shot into the top righ hand corner of the net to complete his hat-trick. to their credit hayle never gave up and as weeman will confirm played some great football at times.

there were some great perfomances on the day from the likes of lee duffield, lee gribble and paul hoskins but the man of the match was just shaded by ADRIAN HART.... :clapper::clapper:

great game played in great spirit.

NOT BAD FOR A CLUB IN TURMOIL!!!!!

Newquay Reserves 2-0 Penzance Reserves

The most boring game of the season.

12mins 1-0. Newquay player tries a shot from 35yds but slices the ball. It lands at the feet of a player coming in on the right who shoots at goal. Pz keeper dives, saves but the ball bounces out for Newquay player to kick it in from 6yds out.

14mins 2-0. Newquay break down thier right, cross and the ball is flick-headed into the goal.

On 20mins Pz get a penalty for a trip in the box. Usual penalty taker not playing. So we have a game of who's the bravest. Player steps up and blasts it wide of keepers right-hand post.

And that was it, lots of huffing and puffing but nothing else to shout about the whole match.

2nd half corner count was New 0-1 Pz, overall, 5-2 in Pz favour. Pz had one weak shot in 2nd half just before final whistle that rolled to goalie plus one over the bar. Newquay had 4 shots that went wide in 2nd half.

Crowd of 33 (3 from Pz) must have been falling asleep.

By the way, the Newquay linesman was quite flag happy at times when Pz were no way offside and that is not my opinion but one from a qualified ref who was watching the game.

From the Independent

Helston 0 St Agnes 1

Illogan 1 St Ives 1

Ludgvan 1 Holmans 6

Mullion 1 St Just 2

Newquay 2 Penzance 0

Penryn 0 Perranporth 2

Perranwell 1 Truro 3

Porthleven 6 Wendron 1

Culdrose 3 Falmouth 2

St Day 4 Hayle 0

thought Truro only won 2-1?

Yeah your right eddy junior, where they list the results above the table it has 1-3 but just looking at the write up it is 1-2. Rusty and Harrington with the goals Harrington had 2 pens scored one missed one

"the game started at pace with hayle forcing the st day keeper into an early save in the first minute which he parried over the bar for a corner"

"the game started at pace with hayle forcing the st day keeper into an early save in the first minute which he parried over the bar for a corner"

Come on St Day no1 take the credit where its due dont report as if Paul Hosken is a 3rd person you made the save you take the credit come on dont be so humble you rock and dont forget it. :clapper::D :clapper:

Guest Doomer17

told you helston will fade away, truro will win the league easy theyll be champs by march

lets all do the samba

Its good that truro had healthy competition, but i agree with you Bushy. Oh by the way... Fabregas did the samba alright, when he waltzed past him ;)

Guest Peppermint

Firstly I cannot comment on the game - Newquay/Penzance but I am sure the Newquay supporters will be quite happy to take a maximum of 6 points from their games with Penzance. The other point CTB - if there was a qualified referee watching and with the shortage of referees why wasn't he/she not officiating themselves! It surely poor professional practise to criticise a fellow referee!!

Second point - Helston have lost just one game and the title race is all over. What absolute nonsense - there are plenty more games to go and Truro City Reserves have dropped points aleady as well. Why is the Penzance keeper delighted that City are going to win the title!

told you helston will fade away, truro will win the league easy theyll be champs by march

lets all do the samba

BUSHY U R STILL A TOTAL **** I SEE.......

33 POINTS FROM A POSSIBLE 36 AINT BAD BY ANY STANDARDS...

Guest Doomer17

Firstly I cannot comment on the game - Newquay/Penzance but I am sure the Newquay supporters will be quite happy to take a maximum of 6 points from their games with Penzance. The other point CTB - if there was a qualified referee watching and with the shortage of referees why wasn't he/she not officiating themselves! It surely poor professional practise to criticise a fellow referee!!

Second point - Helston have lost just one game and the title race is all over. What absolute nonsense - there are plenty more games to go and Truro City Reserves have dropped points aleady as well. Why is the Penzance keeper delighted that City are going to win the title!

FIRSTLY... i can't remember typing that i was 'delighted' that city are going to win the title..nor have i said that the title race is over...?

I said i agreed with what bushy typed..i believe Helston will drop points and the gap will become bigger..i do believe Truro will win the league, not that i want them to win at all, because i don't!

My first game was against them when we were unlucky (Very unlucky) to lose 1-0 to them in a game that i felt we deserved a share of the points.

If you can read peppermint, which im struggling to believe you can, i typed that its good that there is healthy competition at the top as opposed to it being a one horse race! I wish Helston the best of luck, i hope they can push Truro all the way.. Exactly what i typed after the game a couple of weeks ago against them when we lost 6-1 to them.

and there certainly was a qualified referee there because i know him.. I'm sure he was giving his opinion on the linesman, not criticising.

THIS WEBSITE IS STARTING TO BECOME CRAP. ALL PEOPLE DO IS WAIT FOR AN EXCUSE TO SLAG OFF SOMEONE ELSE.

ANYONE WHOM WANTS TO COME ON HERE AND MAKE ANY SENSIBLE COMMENTS SHOULD CONTINUE ALL THE IDOITS WHO JUST WANNA PISS AROUND... SHOULDNT BOTHER.

Hey Winno we lost our 1st game of the season last year to St Agnes and no one can take it away from them when they really are up for it they are as good as anyone on there day. We also went on to win the league after so maybe its an omen mate, you never know??

Still a long way to go as anyone with a football brain knows the league doesnt get won or lost until after xmas.

:yahoo: Get in there what a great result for us

Helston had most of the play but we defended really well and had a few chances to score again.

Everyone of us gave our all (I cant walk today) and we are on a good little run

I thought we moaned alot but Helston were moaning about everything from start to finish good sports after though and thanks for the food.

Good luck for the rest of the season

UP THE AGGIE :thumbsup:

AS I SAID LEE WELL DONE. I THINK THE MOANING WAS AIMED AT THE REF INCLUDING MYSELF. EVEN MARTYN LOOKED AWAY A FEW TIMES AT THE GOINGS ON FROM A CERTAIN PLAYER IN YOUR SIDE FOR ALL HIS OFF THE BALL ANTICS SOME OF WHICH WERE DISGRACEFUL BUD. NOT YOUR GOOD SELF BUT YOU KNOW WHOM IT IS. HIS TIME WILL COMEIN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!!

BUT ONCE AGAIN WELL DONE KEEP IT UP WERE ALL CHASING TRURO NOT JUST US........

:drink:

Hey Winno we lost our 1st game of the season last year to St Agnes and no one can take it away from them when they really are up for it they are as good as anyone on there day. We also went on to win the league after so maybe its an omen mate, you never know??

Still a long way to go as anyone with a football brain knows the league doesnt get won or lost until after xmas.

I KNOW M8. I JUST GET FED UP WITH TOTAL IDIOTS AKA BUSHY WHOM NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL GOBBING OFF ON HERE ALL THE TIME.

AGGIE ARE A GOOD SIDE LIKE US ALL WE CAN ALL BEAT ANYONE ON OUR DAY. TO MUCH TALK ABOUT HELSTON TRURO. WE WILL SEE COME THE MUD BATHS WHOS UP FOR IT M8. WHAT WAS YOUR GAME WITH ST IVES LIKE??? PHYSICAL OR NO!!!!

:drink: