Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combo League Results plus table - 26th Dec 2016

2 hours ago, willy7 said:

That's the first I have heard that st.day players where saying the ball went back. 

Seeing the player who played the ball in isn't in the picture this shows it travelled quite a long way with luke leah running onto it, doesn't look like the keeper has heard the whistle jamie.

I can assure that was the claim on the pitch! The player who crossed the ball is the player in shot on the far side. Anyway, goal disallowed, carharrack with 5-3 with 10 men for half an hour. Great win in a tough game 

9 minutes ago, COYG said:

I can assure that was the claim on the pitch! The player who crossed the ball is the player in shot on the far side. Anyway, goal disallowed, carharrack with 5-3 with 10 men for half an hour. Great win in a tough game 

The original picture shows jacob cleverly just inside the carharrack half, he is the person who played the ball over the top. Won't let me upload it to the site so I find it hard to believe any player thinking the ball got played back.

6 hours ago, Carharrack Loyal said:

Jesus. All I heard from the minute the St Day lot came through the gate was bloody moaning.  

I was one of the people who told Rich he got it right as I was behind him but on the bank retrieving a ball that had been kicked into the woods.  The one lad who abused him was walking back from a offside position but when the ball was played the other boy had his leg offside then turned facing goal and was about a yard off. The last defender raised his arm. The flag went up the referee blew his whistle. The striker then hit the ball the goalkeeper stood still as the whistle had been blewn. Get over it! I think Gary was 8 yards down the line from him but again nobody was in a great position and we don't have the facilities for action replays. We will have to get tape measures out next time. Again I'm no Howard Webb. All of it happened so quickly you have to respect all club linesman have to make these decisions in a couple of seconds.

All the St Day lot were by the dugout leaning on the post.

Rich did make a definite mistake in the first half the st day boy Cleverly? Went past our defence before the ball was played but he failed to raise his flag, the lad took the ball on but luckily missed even with our dugout screaming that it was offside. Even Rich said he made a mistake but couldnt give what he couldn't see as he got stuck in the mud.

My fitness isn't great and I certainly couldn't take the role on but I'm thankfully for all the voleneters that make the effort each week, I haven't found any major problems were ever we travel and always go in for a pint afterwards. Sounds very much like sour grapes to me considering we had to play with 10 men for the last 30!

One thing I will say is that both linesmen boy Leah and the referee did a great job in the conditions. If anything the lad went storming over in his face should say sorry.

Behind him? In the picture there isn't anyone. Are you that squirrel I mentioned early? Or was you playing hide and seek

18 hours ago, willy7 said:

The original picture shows jacob cleverly just inside the carharrack half, he is the person who played the ball over the top. Won't let me upload it to the site so I find it hard to believe any player thinking the ball got played back.

Behind him? In the picture there isn't anyone. Are you that squirrel I mentioned early? Or was you playing hide and seek

Bryan hawke was the player who crossed the ball after being played in down the wing, hence the shout that the ball went backwards, 'pulled back'. 

4 minutes ago, COYG said:

Bryan hawke was the player who crossed the ball after being played in down the wing, hence the shout that the ball went backwards, 'pulled back'. 

Shows how much you was watching the ball in was from cleverly all be it a scuff that went so high in the air anyone could have ran on to it. The game is gone on to the rest of the season ⚽️⚽️⚽️

1 hour ago, COYG said:

Please get your facts correct, as stated it was cleverly who was just inside the carharrack half, that's how bad the decision was. Just hoping it was just a poor call rather the dislike he has for st.day.

22 hours ago, willy7 said:

Please get your facts correct, as stated it was cleverly who was just inside the carharrack half, that's how bad the decision was. Just hoping it was just a poor call rather the dislike he has for st.day.

Must've been some pass from the player, not sure anyone in yellow had that in their locker on Boxing Day! Anyway give st day the ghost goal and give carharrack the 5-4 win. Up the mighty reds 

Forget what happened on Boxing Day, that's been and gone. Right or wrong the incident has passed. Now, back to the football. After watching the last couple of Carharrack's games, I've noticed that Ed Wilton is one hell of a player. Scoring goals left, right and centre at the moment.

12 minutes ago, JENGLE said:

Forget what happened on Boxing Day, that's been and gone. Right or wrong the incident has passed. Now, back to the football. After watching the last couple of Carharrack's games, I've noticed that Ed Wilton is one hell of a player. Scoring goals left, right and centre at the moment.

Offside I heard :ph34r: ??

15 hours ago, COYG said:

Must've been some pass from the player, not sure anyone in yellow had that in their locker on Boxing Day! Anyway give st day the ghost goal and give carharrack the 5-4 win. Up the mighty reds 

You couldn't have been watching then, look at the original picture and you can see the player. Both player's involved said it was them so I know who I am believing. That would have made it 4:4 and anyone's game but its gone now and we learn and move on.

5 hours ago, willy7 said:

You couldn't have been watching then, look at the original picture and you can see the player. Both player's involved said it was them so I know who I am believing. That would have made it 4:4 and anyone's game but its gone now and we learn and move on.

The lino wins the points again ? STANDARD !!

18 hours ago, JENGLE said:

Agree with you there, first time I've seen him play and he's got a bit of everything. Could be the difference between them and st.ives